main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

San Diego, CA Disneyland Star Wars Fan Day #2 - June 25, 2006

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by BobaFett-MP, Jan 2, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FLY_JEDI

FLY_JEDI Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 15, 2004
    Done!

2. me-gonk

me-gonk Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 17, 2003
    Thanks Edgar!

3. ManaByte

ManaByte Chosen One star 5

Aug 20, 1998
    ok, the park calendar is all set for June:

Special Theme Park Hours June 24, 2006
    Due to a private event on Saturday, June 24, 2006, Disneyland® Park will be opening at 6:30 a.m. and closing at 5:00 p.m. Disney's California Adventure® Park will extend its hours that day and will be open from 10:00 a.m. until 11:00 p.m.

Fantasmic!, Columbia, and Tom Sawyer's Island will be down until June 30th due to the Pirates stuff and the bleechers they're setting up.

Officially, Pirates is not listed as being open until the 26th.

4. Master--Kenobi

Master--Kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 8, 2003
    That's why our group is staying that extra day! :D LOL

5. ManaByte

Aug 20, 1998
    Yea, I just got a room for myself at the Howard Johnson since they give an AP discount.

I'll be FIRST in line to get in Sunday!

6. Master--Kenobi

Dec 8, 2003
    LOL, NOPE!!! But we will save you a place in line BEHIND us (we are going to be FIRST!!!) [face_laugh] ;)

7. crazybirdman

crazybirdman Jedi Master star 4

Feb 24, 2003
    I tried to make reservations for Blue Bayou, but they said they are only doing a soft opening (walk -ins only) for the first week :_|
    Oh, and shirts are for sale on the site

8. me-gonk

Jan 17, 2003
    Do the shirts some in children sizes like last time? I would need a 3T and a 6 boys. All I saw listed was adult sizes.

9. FLY_JEDI

Nov 15, 2004
    I'll be waving at you both from inside California Adventure as I'm staying at the Grand Californian and using the private entrance directly into C.A. (I think it's an hour before normal park entrance times). [face_whistling]

10. Master--Kenobi

Dec 8, 2003

Hmmm how can we solve this dilema? I know... THANK YOU, EDGAR for inviting us ALL to stay with you at the GCH!!!!!![face_laugh] ;)

11. ManaByte

Aug 20, 1998
    No, we'll be laughing at you because you'll be inside California Adventure![face_laugh]

12. Master--Kenobi

Dec 8, 2003
    ZING!!!! 25 points, ManaByte!!![face_laugh]

13. Danakin_Skywalker

Danakin_Skywalker Jedi Master star 1

Jan 30, 2005
    DING DING!!!!! Warning, hitting below the belt!!!![face_laugh][face_laugh] That was funny. Can't wait to go......[face_dancing]

14. ManaByte

Aug 20, 1998
    There's a RUMOR that they will start soft openings of Pirates the week of June 11th!

15. FLY_JEDI

Nov 15, 2004
    <--- Cinematic n00b. Don't understand "soft opening"...

16. me-gonk

Jan 17, 2003
    Basicly.... Soft opening of the ride. Means it's not open all day to full crowds but they run handfuls of people through it.
    I don't know what the "official" rules are but esentially that's it.
    Hum....perhaps we'll do a run up to see if it's true. [face_thinking]

17. Master--Kenobi

Dec 8, 2003
    One of my small claims to fame... Disney-Wise..my ex-husband and I, and a couple of our friends were pulled aside to be the very first guests on the ORIGINAL soft-opening of Space Mountain! So,I got to ride in the first car on the first run with actual guests! [face_dancing] So, go hang around outside PoTC...ya never know! :D

(Other claim..first official Divorce in the Magic Kingdom) He absolutely HATED Disneyland..see one of the many reasons that he is an "EX";) )

18. Mara_Jade_Fan

Mara_Jade_Fan Jedi Knight star 6

Feb 1, 2002
    Interesting, my ex hated both Star Wars and Disneyland. He walked out on the first star wars movie in 1977 cause he thought it was garbage, and he hated Disneyland even when he was a kid.

19. Jedi-Loreen

Jedi-Loreen Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 2, 2002
    I could never be in a relationship with someone who hated both of those things!

20. Master--Kenobi

Dec 8, 2003
    My Ex also hated..make that DETESTED SW...from day one. The only thing he liked about Disneyland is that he would make a huge deal out of being a cop and wearing his "piece" and "backup" into the park. It was sooo embarassing.

So now..any relationship must meet the following criteria... He MUST love SW, Disneyland and NOT be a cop! LOL (oh yeah.. hair past shoulders... peferably mid-back is a HUGE plus) LOL

21. skywalker_1982

skywalker_1982 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 25, 2004
    I do not like to hear stuff like that
    I think its kind of rude in a way cause I mean whatever it is you should at least show some interest in what your other half likes even if you hate it, I mean like disneyland I love it there and would not get enough of the place but I mean if I hated the place yet my other half did I would still show interest and not just walk around moaning that I do not like it cause afterall thats what children do when you drag them round supermarkets.
    take note
    If that was me kim I would turn round to him and say "act your age not your shoe size" :p

22. me-gonk

Jan 17, 2003
    For all the things that Jon and I have in common, there are still things that we don't. We simply accept them and do what we can to allow the other to enjoy them. He watches his grossest horror movies without me for instance and he's allowed to buy all the Clive Barker he wants but I get final say as to what I can take looking at on a day to day basis ;) Actually..I kinda like some of Clive Barker's stuff, it's just some of it is too much to look at everyday.

I was engaged to someone who, honestly, I have no idea what we had in common. So I can see how it can happen. Thankfully Jon came along before anything got too far with the other guy.

We went to Disney yesterday and saw all the merchandise they have out for Pirates. MAN!! I could have gone broke! Although some of it was the usual kinda chincy stuff. I did buy the Mickey Mouse as Jack Sparrow though. The shop we were in only had him and not the others. We saw them in another store later on but by that point I had bought the Lego Sandcrawler set and couldn't spend any more money. Next time ;)

23. skywalker_1982

skywalker_1982 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 25, 2004
    You bought the lego sandcrawler?? Cool I suppose that will be a interesting build.

24. Master--Kenobi

Dec 8, 2003
    Well, I thought my ex and I had a lot in common..until after we were married and i discovered that he was a "Multiple". So while I miss and will always love the personality I married.. the others were..."shudder" ...not so fun.

But back to the thread at hand. I WANT MORE PoTC STUFF!!!!!!!! LOL[face_laugh]

25. me-gonk

Jan 17, 2003
    Yup, I bought it :)
    There is a Lego store in Downtown Disney and they offer a discount to pass holders so it was a little less expensive..OK, not much as it's only a 10% discount, but still...
    I have no idea where I'm going to be able to set this up to build though. It may sit around for a while before I get to do it. We almost bought the Star Destroyer as well but decided not to at that point.
    Next time we go back I have to buy the Mickey ears I forgot to buy. They have a pair wearing a pirate headband and one of the ears is pierced. They're so cool! I wanted to go to one of the places that can put your name on it, but somehow we forgot :(

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.