San Diego, CA Disneyland Star Wars Fan Day #2 - June 25, 2006

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by BobaFett-MP, Jan 2, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ManaByte Chosen One

star 4
    You have to stay for the 50th fireworks!

And the fireworks will be PACKED due to no Fantasmic! that weekend.
  2. jess_squared Jedi Knight

star 2
    Hm. I need to carpool with someone.

Yes, money is tight. No, I probably can't actually afford to go.. Buuut.. It's not like I need to buy much of anything. :D And I'll just have to curb my budget at Comic Con as well. Which shouldn't be hard considering I managed to spend next to nothing last year, too. hehe.

Just.. Next summer. So *not* doing this whole maid of honor thing in a wedding in *Canada.* That's far too expensive. :p

So, yeah. I'm going to go. :) I think. hahaha
  3. ManaByte Chosen One

star 4
    Maybe this time you won't spend 2 hours in Innoventions. :p

That's the Disneyland prison where they send the bad kids.
  4. GreyJedi Force Ghost

star 4
    I saw the 50th fireworks at Disney World in February. Much less crowded than Disneyland; however it was 28-degrees. BRRRRRR.

I'm just tired of all the crowds here in So Cal. I want to go back to enjoying Disneyland and not making it a full-body contact sport. :oops:
  5. ManaByte Chosen One

star 4
    As far as I know the Wishes fireworks at the Magic Kingdom at Walt Disney World is a different show than Remember...Dreams Come True.

They share some elements, but Wishes is older (it's been running there for years...at least as far back as 2003). There are some similar fireworks used, but the Remember show is new and just started last year.
  6. skywalker_1982 Jedi Master

star 4
  7. GreyJedi Force Ghost

star 4
    This is Farenheit, not Celcius Ben. It was -2C that night.
  8. me-gonk Force Ghost

star 4
    We just went to Disney last weekend, day before Mother's Day, and the crowd wasn't really very bad. In fact, I think it was inspection day as there were lots of official looking people with clipboards and the cast were *especially* more friendly.
    I don't know if we'll stay until close that night really. We always play things by ear to see how the kids are doing. Lately we've been leaving around the end of the fireworks without waiting until the very end of them.
    I'd like to see them one more time with a better view than the last time we sat through the whole show though. We've seen parts over and over when we've gone. It's really cool to watch from the parking structure...you get to see them shooting off from the Toon Town part of the park, so you get to see them leave the ground and everything. Very neat!
  9. skywalker_1982 Jedi Master

star 4
    Well I sat here and thought no that cannot be farenheit but now you mention it that is cold I tend to go into hybernation during times like that.

Talking of fireworks at disneyland the woman that plays tinkerbell I take my hat off to her cause she has guts, going along that piece of cable with a smile on her face you would never catch me do anything like that.
    Is there any news by the way in regards to star tours being updated??
  10. Master--Kenobi Jedi Master

star 4
    /\ I keep hearing rumors about ST being updated...but nothing set in stone yet. [face_tired]

Hopefully...soon.
  11. Mara_Jade_Fan Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Next year is the 20th anniversary of Star Tours so I would hope it would be updated by next year. It would be cool if they'd have a big re-opening spectacular and invite the Star Wars clubs to work that... maybe they've learned thru the participation of the 501st in Disney World each year, that we can be of service to them.
  12. ManaByte Chosen One

star 4
    It won't happen next year. The absolute soonest it could happen is 2008.

Finding Nemo opens next May, and they're already panicing about how they're going to handle the lines for it as they don't want a line streatching from Tomorrowland into Frontierland; and updating Star Tours at the same time would be a nightmare both due to Nemo and the fact that Disney wouldn't want to have another major ride in Tomorrowland down at the same time as it would take at least six to eight months to redo Star Tours with the stuff they want to do - possibly longer.

There aren't any major rides planned for 2008 yet so they could take down Star Tours right after Christmas and possibly have it updated by Summer 2008.

Midway Madness at DCA isn't expected until the end of the decade, but it could easily make 2008 or 2009. Incredibles E-Ticket at DCA will probably be 2010 or 2011.

13. me-gonk Force Ghost

star 4
    When we went to Disney last weekend they were doing something to Star Tours. They had walls set up outside and the line was taking a different course, mostly through the inside area.
    There were actually people in line for it unlike some of our recent trips. They're also doing something over by the BuzzLightyear restaurant area (blanking on it's name) and have a lot walled off too.

Anyone know when they take down all the 50th ann stuff? We want to make sure we see the rest of the things we haven't had time to yet before they take it down. Still need to see the show they've put up in the Lincoln Theater and we have 2 more machines worth of pressed pennies to get still, dang machines were out of order when we found them :( I think we may go again next weekend if I get my way ;)
  14. ManaByte Chosen One

star 4
    The walls around Star Tours were to remove the Fast Pass machines, which haven't been used in years. Dispite the signs showing that it's closed; people would still go up to the machines and try to get fast passses from them and then throw a fit when they couldn't, so they removed the machines.

The 50th stuff is supposed to start coming down in September and October and be completely down by November when the Christmas stuff goes up.
  15. me-gonk Force Ghost

star 4
    So there is plenty of time to catch everything *yeah*
    I was figuring they might start taking it down around the actual ann which would mean we'd only have like 2 months to see the rest.
  16. Master--Kenobi Jedi Master

star 4
    Been there a number of times since Jan, and STILL haven't seen everything either.

17. JediLarryB Jedi Master

star 2
    A friend of mine who works at the Disneyland Resort informed me that Pirates of the Caribbean WILL be open to the public on Sunday, June 25. In fact, there will probably be a "soft opening" during the week before, excluding Saturday, of course. So you might want to check it out if you can visit earlier in the week.

He also put the kibosh on any hopes for an update to Star Tours for the near future. It appears that there are too many other attractions in the queue. Looks like we'll have to be patient.
  18. ManaByte Chosen One

star 4
    The updated Star Tours will be installed in Disney Studios at the Paris resort, not in Anaheim, Florida, or Tokyo. It is possible for Hong Kong though.
  19. Mara_Jade_Fan Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    When will the updated Star Tours be in Paris? By next year in time for the 30th anniversary, or some time after that?
  20. skywalker_1982 Jedi Master

star 4
    In paris??? [face_praying]
    I hope so I can get a train from london to eurodisney paris and would be up for that!!!
    If I am a 501st member by then I could take my bikerscout stuff along if its true and they make a event of it.
  21. ManaByte Chosen One

star 4
    They haven't said when it'll open just that the new Star Tours is targeted for Paris and possibly Hong Kong before anywhere else.

They recently opened the Disney Studios theme park there and it isn't doing that well (like DCA). So they're working quickly to add new rides there. The first will be their Tower of Terror, which is being built right now. Following that will be a new Star Tours and some Pixar rides. The only thing that has a date set is Tower of Terror, which is late this year or next year if I remember correctly.

Star Tours is currently in Discoveryland in Disneyland Paris but it's the current ride.

Hong Kong does not have Star Tours yet so when they get it, it'll likely be the new version of the ride.

It is VERY POSSIBLE that Hong Kong will get it first since it is still a little up in the air.

Hong Kong's Tomorrowland just has Space Mountain, Buzz, and the Orbitron. They are getting a UFO water playground soon. Star Tours would be a good fit, but they're trying to plan stuff out for Hong Kong now.

The Hong Kong Pirates of the Caribbean that'll open in 2010 or so is going to be awesome. It'll be the same ride as everywhere else, but it'll end with a 50-foot Splash Mountain drop out of a giant skull.
  22. me-gonk Force Ghost

star 4
    The Hong Kong Pirates of the Caribbean that'll open in 2010 or so is going to be awesome. It'll be the same ride as everywhere else, but it'll end with a 50-foot Splash Mountain drop out of a giant skull.

They're going to ruin a perfectly good ride :( You could never take little kids on it, my kids hate the 2 waterfalls in the one here as it is, at least they like the rest of the ride enough that we can get them to go again.

My guess is they're going to put Star Tours in Hong Kong first since they don't have to close anything or disrupt anything, they get to put it in from scratch and see what they want and use it as a model for later renovations. That would be what I would do in this situation.
  23. arodofhoth Jedi Knight

star 3
    I hear the first attraction at Hong Kong Disneyland, Fantesyland are going to be voting booths.:p
    Just kidding.
  24. Mando_Blood Jedi Padawan

After three days of nagging my mom im totally going just one question though are we going to go around disney as a group or we do whatever we want and meet at 12pm for lunch?
  25. me-gonk Force Ghost

star 4
    Last year we mostly stayed as a group. We'd break on and off here and there. I recon there will be something of a group. It was just the SDSWSers in our group. The 300 I think people were only in one place long enough for the picture.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.