main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

LA, CA Disneyland - The Happiest Place on Earth

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by JediRacer, Aug 16, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JediRacer

JediRacer Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 5, 2000
    Wishes!

2. JediRacer

Apr 5, 2000
    I have no idea what that means, but here's the Disneyland thread that everyone wants but no one wants to create. I now have a SoCal Select passport that gets me into the park about half of the year. Anyone want to go with me on a weekday? I of course would have to check to see if it's blacked out.

I want to see the new firework show again and ride Space Mountain. Yes, I'm 36 years old with no kids.

..and they need to update Star Tours because it was Rex's first time about 18 years ago and I'm tired of hearing him say that.

3. crazybirdman

crazybirdman Jedi Master star 4

Feb 24, 2003
    That was Rex v908732.4985, duh.
    There's still all kinds of stuff on Star Tours that you still haven't seen/heard yet though. Like Rex' tag that says 'remove before flight'. They mention Lucas' name backwards in the line.

And now that you have a pass, you have to find all 50 of the '50's in the park. Good luck.

4. JediRacer

Apr 5, 2000
    My friend said there's 50 flattened pennies.. one for each year. I collect enough things. I can do without those.

I did yell.. really loud.. when it came to the Star Tours portion of the fireworks show and they started playing the Star Wars Main Theme. YEEAAAAHHHHHH!! I embarrassed my wife and my friend and his new fiance.

5. DarthMommy

DarthMommy Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 22, 2005
    We have the annual passes and it's cool to not have to feel like you have to shove everything in into one day. It's almost September and time to make another appearance there-the lines are pretty tiny after school starts. Has Space Mtn. reopened? Hey, whatever happened to that ride that was black and all hyped-up and took the place of the People Mover location? I heard it sucked. I know that's ancient but I just thought of it.

6. JediRacer

Apr 5, 2000
    I forgot where the old people mover was. Wasn't it the Tron People Mover at one point? And what was that ride that made you microscopic and there was that big eye looking at you. There was that scary transforming maching that showed people getting smaller and smaller. I used to get scared from going on that ride because I was small enough. Also, what's in the old America Sings "attraction"? And they're bringing the submarines back as a Nemo ride?

7. crazybirdman

Feb 24, 2003
    I think you're thinking of Rocket Rods.
    You have to yell during the fireworks. You get John Williams music, twice! (Indy & Star Wars), of course, then they end it with Leann Rhymes, no relation to Busta Rhymes
    [image=http://www.orleansarena.com/press/images/05-leann-rimes.jpg]
    [image=http://www.coasttocoasttickets.com/images/concerts_bustarhymes.jpg]

8. crazybirdman

Feb 24, 2003
    Oh yeah, I wasn't talking about the 50 pennies, of which there are 51. one for every year from 1955 - 2005 is 51, not 50.
    I meant these:
    [image=http://www.frankpepito.com/pepitos50hiddenmickeys/HM21.jpg]

9. Jundland_Jay

Jundland_Jay Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 18, 2003
  10. DarthMommy

DarthMommy Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 22, 2005
    JR, this is a jolly thread. I remember being scared on that shrinking people thing too. I thought maybe we'd die or something. And that eyeball-ugh-I can still see it going back and forth! Was the Tron ride the one where you thought you were riding a motorcycle really fast with some high-tech side screen projection? Isn't America Sings Buzz Lightyear now? I like the Buzz shooting ride a lot but I don't remember if it replaced the singing thing. Was America Sings the same as Circlevision? You know-where you stood and there were screens all around.

11. Skyryder

Skyryder Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 13, 2004
    I'm going to DL on Sunday if the cough is gone. It has been a month since I have last gone. I really love it because it fits into my escapism thing, which is the same reason I love SW. I just like to get away and get lost. It is good to do that there.

12. JediRacer

Apr 5, 2000
  13. crazybirdman

Feb 24, 2003
    I think Ill be there Sunday too. I want too see what the fireworks look lke from IASM. heard they added some stuff over there for the show. So, uh, I'll call you or something.

14. JediRacer

Apr 5, 2000
    IASM? Ok.. you guys are Disneyland Otaku.

I added another link to Yesterland, that has pictures and descriptions of old Disneyland attration.

15. SoloJedi

SoloJedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 10, 2001
    hey JR funny you should mention or start this hread....
    as a matter of fact i went to DL yesterday with cppjedi. I finally caved and got my anual pass too!!! it was soooooooo much fun!!!!

we got there around noon and stayed till 11pm. So i'm good to go on a weekday providing
    a) i don't work on that day..... b)i don't have to work the next day.

I wanted to go to autopia to meet jennifer, i think it is, the star wars fan who posts in here...but didn't get around to it.....

space mountain is ok. it seems exactly the same as before any "modifications" were done. but it was still fun to ride it after so many years. also, star tours is always a blast. rode it twice....fantasmic is GREAT to see. as is the new fireworks show....

We went to some places that normally one would pass by. we saw this film at the museum, it talked about how walt started the DL and had some neat old footage....it was hosted by steve martin...who by the way started workig there in the magic store.

Also, we toured the apartment right above the pirates rides...t is now the art gallary. they have a neat little balcony that you can "rent" to see fantasmic. All you need to do is give a 30 advance notice and $56 per person...it includes all you can eat desert and sodas....

16. JediBith

JediBith Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 6, 2001
    I grew up pretty much next to D-Land, so I'm overall kinda "meh" on the topic. Almost everyone older in my family started the original "cast." The fireworks were always a "cheap date:" you could go hang out on a certain lawn outside the park and see a better show than if you were inside.

Just sayin'!
    Yawn.

(I guess I have a hard time paying to get in nowadays and would NEVER in a million years buy one o'those pass thingies!!)

17. DarthHaskett

DarthHaskett Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 29, 2003
    We'll probably go back to D-Land later this year just because. We've already been there twice this year and three times is more than we've ever been in a 12-month period. Don't know when we'll go though.

I love D-land and don't mind that it's Rex's first time each time. The ATTRACTIONS are cool. I miss America Sings (now Innoventions which I think is lame) and the People Mover. They were great ATTRACTIONS I would use to recharge my batteries (i.e. nap). Buzz is also quite cool.

I LOVED Space Mountain. It was super dark and super fast. Sure, it's the same track but it's so dark you really feel like you are being shot around space.

18. AniPadmeLurker

AniPadmeLurker Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 30, 2004
    Wow, see how much of a boost this thread gets? 16 posts already? and I'm making it 17. Well, yes Iger plans to change disneyland a bit, and make California Adventure better.
    Because of Iger, Lucas now wants to deal with Tours again. Hey, R2 isn't working right now, isn't that funny? Look for it the next time you go. He won't go down into the Starspeeder, he's stuck above it. He's supposed to be fixing it, and get lowered into it, but I guess he uses the force to fix it without going in it.

Lately lots of people have been asking me about Rocket Rods and America Sings. Tomorrow I work Buzz. Sunday I work Autopia, from 12-10 (yes afternoon to night) If you guys wanna try me at the exit sometime between then (and not before) ask for me, I'll get you on if you want to ride it. I don't blame you if you don't.

Hey today we broke down because the brakes locked on one of the cars, it was so cool. Then the first people on the ride, jumped the track. Oh so sweet. I love going 101 (that means we break down).

I love this thread. Hope to see you guys there sunday.

19. DarthHaskett

Apr 29, 2003
    I wanna know where they jumped the track. That would be cool to try to do.

20. SoloJedi

Sep 10, 2001
    I was thinking about the Star Tours ride ATTRACTION. I feel it would be pretty hard replacing it with something else. Think about it: The way it is now is very classic Star Wars, it has the main things that it's known for. And it makes sense. If they go for the prequals, what could they do?
    Pod racing was once discussed but i think that a 3-4 min ride of podracing wouldn't be too exciting....yes it is star wars but face it, even seeing it in TPM it was too long. Then, the other movies there was mainly ground battles so not too much space flight.
    Tru it doesn't HAVE to be a space themed ATTRACTION but then again WHAT could it be?

If i may venture a suggestion: KEEP the Flight to Endor PLUS add another ATTRACTION, then WE can choose which ATTRACTION we wanna go on. RIDE the new one for its "newness" and when we feel nostalgic, go back to Endor....

Thoughts????

p.s. Also, if you think about it, there are many people who have never been to disneyland much less on Star Tours so for them it's their first time..so when Cpt. Rex says "This is MY first time too" technically he's right...from a certain point of view o_O [face_laugh]

CORRECTIONS MADE....

21. DarthHaskett

Apr 29, 2003
    People, they are Attractions! :rolleyes:

22. JediRacer

Apr 5, 2000
    /\ /\ /\ /\ /\
    [image=http://lafanforce.com/Gallery/albums/album16/crazy.gif]

23. DarthHaskett

Apr 29, 2003
    Don't call SJ crazy! Oh, and it was JR who changed the topic this time.

I love Disneyland and wish I could go more often but alas, it cannot be.

24. SoloJedi

Sep 10, 2001
    i think he was calling YOU (D-H) crazy for your "people, they're called attractions" remark...right dude? ;)

25. DarthHaskett

Apr 29, 2003
    [face_shhh] I prefer to think that JR is crazy. They are attractions though, not rides. Just like Disneyland is a Theme Park and not an amusement park. Sorry, I was subjected to Disney mind control at an early age. [face_hypnotized] I guess it'll never completely wear off.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.