main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

LA, CA Disneyland - The Happiest Place on Earth

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by JediRacer, Aug 16, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AniPadmeLurker

AniPadmeLurker Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 30, 2004
    It's in Disney's California Adventure. It's where they do the Aladdin show.

2. Skyryder

Skyryder Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 13, 2004
    I would also like to see your show. I support my old roommate Summer in all her theater shows.

3. AniPadmeLurker

Nov 30, 2004
    So now I guess I have to go watch the dang show (Desperate Housewives) I got understudy for the main character: Susan (teri hatcher). SO if something happens to the current lead, then I'm in. But if not, i kinda get to make up my own character..sorta..I think I'm going to be a cat lady. tHe directer also said he liked my voice and he'll use me for a lot of back up vocals. Oh yeah baby.

4. DBrennan3333

DBrennan3333 Jedi Youngling star 4

Nov 5, 2004
    Is ABC's primetime lineup so barren that they had to call an afternoon soap like General Hospital "primetime" or was that just some clerical error that somehow never got corrected?

5. Jedi_Devi

Jedi_Devi Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 27, 2003
    I finally have an annual pass, so being too poor isn't an excuse for me anymore! >:D

6. SoloJedi

SoloJedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 10, 2001
    So last night a friend of mine and I decided to go to Dland to use our annual pass. Got there around 5:30pm. FINALLY went to California Adventure:
    I thought it was a "cute"/"fun" place, though not for the $50+ you have to pay for to get in. Went on Soaring over Cali. REALLY awesome!!!! Also did the new Monster's Inc. ride. it was cute...
    We went to this place where you can learn to draw characters and do some other neat interactive stuff...

Then we headed to Dland! Ate a clam choweder bread bowl. Since we were there and unbeknownst to us, Fantasmic was showing. I didn't know t was on during the winter months....
    Anyway, just as the show started, the clouds rolled in and it beagn to drizzle...ever so lightly. 5 mins into the show, poof, the stopped it. So we went on Pirates. When we got out, sky had cleared up, bright big full moon shining..
    We headed over to Star Tours and then came home.

We wnted to stop by to see/visit APL, but weren't sure if she was working and if so where....buzz or autopia.
    Sorry APL...we are plannin on going next sunday so if you do work, let me know so we can go by and meet you!!!

7. Jiltedtoo

Jiltedtoo Jedi Master star 4

Nov 18, 2002
    How come we as a group have never planned a trip to Disneyland?

Just the LAFF and no other groups.

I think it would be fun.

8. DarthHaskett

DarthHaskett Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 29, 2003
    That would be fun, though even with other groups at D-Land with us we pretty much stayed within our little group any way.

9. Jiltedtoo

Nov 18, 2002
    Yeah, but I don't like the other groups, just you guys.

10. JediBith

JediBith Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 6, 2001
    Yes, let's put this on the LAFF agenda for 2006!

11. Jiltedtoo

Nov 18, 2002
    HEAR HEAR!

That and more rollerskating!

12. Skyryder

Apr 13, 2004
    Ok, here is something for DH and APL. I was listening to the radio over the weekend and there was this ad for DLand and they refered to the "attractions" as "rides and attractions". So which is it? Or what do you consider a "ride".

13. Jiltedtoo

Nov 18, 2002
    A ride is when you are on top, and an attraction is when you go rollerskating.

14. Skyryder

Apr 13, 2004
    Oh now I see.

Thanks JT.

15. Jiltedtoo

Nov 18, 2002
    Glad I could help.

16. AniPadmeLurker

Nov 30, 2004

Glad you guys had fun. I'll be working morning Autopia that day ( i hate autopia! ANyone else?) So you don't HAVE to come visit me when I'm there, since it's a crappy ride...I prefer to let my friends see me in my element, Buzz, where I can get them fastpasses. Autopia isn't worth it, but if you come, awesome. My name is Jennifer, or Jenn (as my new nametag says. Don't believe them if they say I'm not there, there are new people around who I don't even know their names.

Anyways. Disney news: Prince and Princess bathrooms in Fantasyland are being completely remodeled. It's a Small world is still down. Pirates is going down soon (They're adding "Black Pearl" stuff to it!) And monorail is going bi directional (please no puns here) soon so that they can work on Subs.

In other news, my show is going well. I'm going to be very busy coming up. I will know by the end of the week about tickets and prices. Apparently the second night sells out quickly. So more on that later.

EDIT: Dang it i forgot. Every "ride" at Disneyland is called an attraction...except one. Can you guess which? I can give you a hint...it's in Fantasyland.

17. Skyryder

Apr 13, 2004
    Mr Toad's Wild Ride

18. AniPadmeLurker

Nov 30, 2004
    Ding Ding ding! We have a winner! Congrats my friend. That is the only ride in Disneyland. Now other theme parks probably call their attractions "rides" but we don't. And when me n DH had lunch the other day (with padawan) I think I got dinged on saying ride too. so don't worry, even cast members mess up.

What's funny is this show I'm in has us doing dance numbers (i suck) and one of the moves requires us to point. We all pointed with two fingers...darn you Disney for brainwashing us. I heard one girl remark: "I can't point with one finger anymore.."

19. Jiltedtoo

Nov 18, 2002
    Anyone know what Mr Toad's Wild Ride is code for?

20. Varekei

Varekei Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 5, 2005
    It's A Small World is closing? Forever? Hurray!

What kind of discounts do we have for the June 24 field trip? I can get tickets for $50 through my company, but that's not as good as an annual pass.

Just wondering.

Varekei

21. AniPadmeLurker

Nov 30, 2004
    50 is good compared to 59!

No, It's a small world is not closed forever. It'll never close...like Pirates...or Dumbo. Anywho. It'll be up and runnin at the end of the month. Mansion's going down soon. Sos' Pirates.

Good news: They'll be open for SW day.

22. Skyryder

Apr 13, 2004
    So I posted in the other thread that my cousin and her daughter are coming to visit in June. I of coarse want them to go to Disneyland however the daughter Ashley is a big Shrek fan and wants to do the Shrek ride at Universal. I need to talk her out of this in a way that doesn't seem like I've hijacked her vacation. Has anyone been to the Sherk thing at Universal and does Universal really have anything really worth seeing besides the back lot ride?

APL will Pirates and Mansion be back up and running in June? If they are down that would make me feel a little better if they missed DL.

23. AniPadmeLurker

Nov 30, 2004
    Theyll be up in June. Don't worry.

Shrek is kinda cool. the seats move, there's lots of effects (think HISTA in Disneyland-I hate spelling it out, sorry). Green glasses. It's ok. But Universal sucks in general sooo...

24. crazybirdman

crazybirdman Jedi Master star 4

Feb 24, 2003
    I had an anual pass to universal once. I went twice. The first time I did absolutely nothing there. The second time was for father's day. So we did all the stuff my pa wanted to do. That park is awful. Here;s my favorite quote:

Me "Hello there. I was wondering if there was a nice place to take my dad for lunch seeing as how it's fathers day and all."

Universal Employee "You mean, in the park?"

25. Varekei

Varekei Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 5, 2005
    Well, crazy,

We should be fair. He may have said, "in the park?" because there's a famous restaurant right outside the park -- same parking lot & all. (On the other hand, it's so famous I forget what the name is.)

Varekei

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.