LA, CA Disneyland - The Happiest Place on Earth

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by JediRacer, Aug 16, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. crazybirdman Force Ghost

star 4
    The point is, there isn't crap to eat inside the park. Actually, there's only crap to eat inside the park. Plenty of great places to eat at Citywalk, fer sure. But a good amusement park, would be a place where you can spend the whole day. At universal, you have to leave as soon as you get hungry.
  2. Skyryder Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Thanks for the info APL and CBM. I'm going to do my best to talk her out of it. But this is a girl who has her whole bedroom done in Shrek and wears Shrek pjs. It may be hard for me to do.
  3. DarthHaskett Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    My padawan sort of likes Universal Studios but then again there is the age difference.

If they are in town for a while, why not go to both? This way your cousin will see how bad Universal is compared to D-Land.

We're going to D-land and maybe DCA next month. I guess there's a two-fer deal going on right now. It's $59 for both parks which is the cost of one park alone. I wish they would allow us to go to just D-land but I guess they are trying to drum up business for DCA. We saw a man walking away with a huge stuffed animal cow that Mr. DH thought was just the coolest thing. The guy said he won it at the Boardwalk at DCA so I guess we'll have to try that.
  4. Skyryder Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    I have a coworker who just did that deal and invited me to go with him. This is for next month as well. If it's the same day that would be fun.
  5. JediRacer Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    DH, I think that's the one thing your house is missing, a big stuffed cow. You guys should've just got an annual pass! You've gone so many times in the past year. YG and I have an annual pass, and we've only gone twice. Of course, it's a lame annual pass that is only valid Tues-Thursday basically.
  6. SoloJedi Jedi Master

star 4
    Not to rain on anyone's parade but i kinda like Uni Studs. They are two different places.
    Dland is for getting away from reality and fantasy etc.
    Uni. Stus. is great if you like movies and movie making. sure there aren't any "rides" there but it is a different place where you can see how films are made etc. I really like that...plus it's a lot closer than driving to disney....
    But disney gets my vote for fantasy, fun and childhood memories etc. etc.
  7. Skyryder Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    I will provide the pros and cons of each park and let my guests decide. I myself haven't been to Universal in a long while so if that is what they choose then that's what we will do. Though I will still work an in for Disney.

Though I would do that Fear Factor thing no problem.
  8. DarthHaskett Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    You know, if we got an annual pass, we would have to be the totally unlimited one because we only really go on the weekends. We've gone three times in the last 9 months. I don't think that's enough for a pass, though if we did have a pass, we might have gone into the park everytime we went to DD.
  9. AniPadmeLurker Jedi Master

star 4
    Hey SR, info on the downtimes.

I'm not sure which one...but I think it's Pirates: will be down until June 11, so like I said we'll still get all the rides. They close everything down NOW for rehabs and stuff. It's sooo not busy in the park, even on fridays. Saturday was busy, adn sunday was kinda busy..but it slacks off later on.

Grizzly River Run is going down soon...but for like 3 days or something. Small World is back up. Monorail is going bi-directional: meaning it'll only go one way-backwards and forewards, so they can do REAL work on the Sub Lagoon. i'll keep everyone posted on what they do to that giant eyesore.

Ooooh, another little tidbit. I think they're starting to look at the Rocket Rods/People Mover track again. They cut away all the nasty vines and things covering it (it goes right through Autopia) and I heard someone say the Imagineers are thinking about what to do with it. VERY exciting.

BTW, did anyone come looking for me at Autopia on Sunday? People said someone was looking for me.
  10. AniPadmeLurker Jedi Master

star 4
    I had some peeps find me on Saturday. They switched me to Auto so they were confused, but hey they found me..well except SR, he had to go "make armor" or buy a "gun" or something or other...whatevers. But I did get a cool certificate from the Lego store.
  11. crazybirdman Force Ghost

star 4
    There's a sale on some of the leftove 50th stuff online
  12. AniPadmeLurker Jedi Master

star 4
    Meh, the tomorrowland stuff sucks. Who wants a figure of the monorail? not me. But thanks CBM. Your finger is on top of the Disneyana pulse.;)

(for those that don't know what Disneyana is, you don't need to..believe me)
  13. ValedaKor Force Ghost

star 5
    Hey, APL, is this true?

"2/2/06: Captain Jack Sparrow to Join the Audio-Animatronics Crew of Disney's Pirates of the Caribbean Attraction

Pirates of the Caribbean, the classic Disney theme park adventure brought to the big screen in "Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl," is adding new characters and features from the blockbuster entertainment franchise and debuting when the next adventure begins in "Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest."

Both the Disneyland Resort in California and Walt Disney World Resort in Florida will close the attraction in March to complete the updates in time for the opening of "Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest" on July 7. The attraction will reopen at Disneyland on June 24 and in Florida's Magic Kingdom on July 7.

The attraction will feature the addition of two of Hollywood's most infamous buccaneers, Captain Jack Sparrow and his nemesis Barbossa. Joining the wildest crew that ever sacked the Spanish Main, Captain Jack and Barbossa add an exciting new twist to the attraction's original storyline as they race to be the first to claim a cache of plundered treasure."

14. NaboosPrincess Manager Emeritus

star 6
    Awesomeness! But it's not going to be closed for Star Wars Disneyland Day, is it? That is one of my favorite rides!
  15. JediBith Jedi Master

star 4
    Aaahhh, I've been reading about this for a while: it's true. But, much as I love my Captain Jack, I don't like it. Meh, I didn't like the other changes either...and don't even get me started on the "Nightmaring" of the Haunted Mansion.
  16. Hew-Laa_Rayy Jedi Knight

star 1
    It seems odd to me. But it'll bring in the younger crowds. Or somethin'...

-HLR
  17. Skyryder Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    I don't think it will bother me too much.

I'm going to DCA on the 26th with a bunch of co-workers. They all have those twofer passes that will soon expire. I've never been to DL and not gone into DL. Can you actually spend a whole day in DCA?
  18. DarthHaskett Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    I'm not sure how I feel about adding ol' Capt Jack. Most of the animatronics associated with that attraction are in the movie any way so the addition won't bother me too much.

Spending a day at DCA is doable but it seems a lot longer than a day at D-Land.
  19. Jiltedtoo Jedi Master

star 4
    They already ruined the old ride with the stupid pirates chasing the girls for food thing.

So who cares.
  20. AniPadmeLurker Jedi Master

star 4
    All I can say is: WORD!
    I hate that.
    And yet the painting of the redhead is still up.

I thought I'd mentioned this here before..oh well. Yes I do belive i did..it was up further about what things are going down for future info. Pirates will be down until just before SW day. I heard another rumor, RUMOR, that the red ship is turning into the Black Pearl.

yes, SR, you can spend a whole day in DCA. DCA gets a bad wrap. The only thing is that you'll get to see EVERYTHING, as opposed to the danger of a day at Dland. Watch Aladdin, and the other 3D shows! They're good. DONT WATCH: Golden dreams. Ugh, history of California=boring. Unless it's hot and you're desperate, don't go in there. It's a napping place.

I love DCA! it's relaxed, not busy, and chill.
  21. Skyryder Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    I've seen Aladin. If the rest of the group has not I will mention that to them. It was a good show. Also Bug's Life 3D is the best 3D show I've ever seen. I will not do Golden Dreams though. No way ever. It will probably be nice to just do DCA and really get to know the place.
  22. DarthMommy Jedi Master

star 2
    SR, a Bug's Life in 3D? And you were bagging on my Pooh/Barney reviews! Anyway, JB, I don't even go on the Haunted Mansion because I think that Tim Burton stuff is gross and dumb.
  23. Elensara Jedi Master

star 4
    DM, your comment made my soul cry.
  24. Skyryder Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Tim Burton gross and dumb? Ok I haven't seen Corps Bride yet (it's sitting on my coffee table though), but I would have to disagree a little there.

And Bug's Life is the best 3D show I've seen. Better than HISTA, The Muppets, and the Borg invasion at Hilton Las Vegas (not counting the live action part).

If anyone wants to join me and my coworkers at DCA on the 26th that would be excellent.
  25. DarthMommy Jedi Master

star 2
    ES, I am sorry about your soul but that guy is just too freaky for me. SR, maybe it's time we went down and got front row seats for Big Bird Alive and Well stage show. You could give me your expert opinion on all things juvenile.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.