main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

LA, CA Disneyland - The Happiest Place on Earth

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by JediRacer, Aug 16, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. crazybirdman

crazybirdman Jedi Master star 4

Feb 24, 2003
    2 finger point!

Ha, tha'ts funny to what? 2 people?

2. DarthMommy

DarthMommy Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 22, 2005
    What about food? I like the French Market. It's a place I go to escape grosser park food. I went to Blue Bayou earlier in the year and was not really impressed. Any of you guys know of something yummy for lunch or dinner?

3. DarthHaskett

DarthHaskett Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 29, 2003
    We usually eat at the French Market also. We ate at that restaurant on Main Street a while back, I forgot what it's called, I think Plaza is in the name somewhere. It wasn't bad. If you want, you could always exit the park and eat at Downtown Disney. We will also sometimes eat at Goofy's Kitchen at the Disneyland Hotel, reservations are required.

4. crazybirdman

Feb 24, 2003
    My favorites.
    Taste Pilots Grill in DCA: great burgers, and chili burgers.
    Stage Door Cafe, or Strips Dips & Chips: Either chicken strips, mozarella sticks, or fish, with french fries, and your choice of sauce. honey mustard, ranch, marinara, mmmmm, goooood. Maybe I'll go have that for dinner tonight. Oh yeah
    CLAM CHOWDER in the SOURDOUGH BREADBOWL, tha'ts the reason I bought a season pass.

The only food at the resort that I don't like is the pizza, at Red Rocket's Pizza Port. It's not good at all. Everything else there is great, the salads, the pasta, the bread sticks, and it's one of the few places in the park that sell Strawberry Quick. But the pizza there is bad. Not just mediocre, it's awful. I mean, damn, you have to work really hard to screw up pizza, dough tomato paste and cheese. That's it. But somehow they manage to put those ingredients together in such a way that it causes a culinary anomoly: bad pizza

5. DarthMommy

DarthMommy Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 22, 2005
    Yes, that pizza was gross and I haven't eaten there since well, years ago. Also that Mexican joint was mediocre but what was I really expecting. I had a corn dog a few months ago off the truck on mainstreet and it was huge and heavy. Kinda ubergreasy. Maybe I should just buy some fruit!

6. SoloJedi

SoloJedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 10, 2001
    [face_laugh] [face_laugh] you're too funny CBM - can't beleive the pizza is that bad!!!

yeah i ate the clam chowder in sourdough on monday....=P~ haven't been to california adventure yet or downtown disney. that'll be my next visit.

7. DarthHaskett

Apr 29, 2003
    My sister used to work at the Stage Door Cafe. Mr. DH likes the skewers at, oh, I forgot what it's called. Bengal something or other. It's right across from the Indy ATTRACTION.

8. AniPadmeLurker

AniPadmeLurker Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 30, 2004
    Bengal Barbeque.

Pizza Port sucks big time.

I also like the original/new Tours ride idea, but all my inside sources (workers at Tours) say they won't do it. Can you imagine the line differences? 2hour wait for the new one, 20 for the old. Plus I think they want to keep the same building and it'd be hard to do it now.

Hey funny story about Tours. Today they closed because of mice. Little mickeys. Or wampa rats, if you will.

DH, cars don't jump the track that often...once in a blue moon unless some dumb castmember messes with the track switches. It's more likely a car will just crap out and lock brakes, or lock bumpers. Or even someone getting out of the car.
    I wish we'd broke down today. Today sucked. Disney was not the happiest place on earth, and people took their stupid pills.

9. DarthHaskett

Apr 29, 2003
    Sorry it was a bad day for you, APL. I guess I'll have to just try driving straight really fast at one of the turns to see if I can get it to jump.

To all those at D-land today, I wish I were there too (though not working). :(

10. Skyryder

Skyryder Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 13, 2004
    Hey APL, I called you yesterday but I don't know if you got the message, I never heard a "beep". I just started talking. I also wanted to tell you that I saw your friend Eric? the tall guy there at Space Mountain I waved and said hi, but I don't think he remembered me so he probably just thought I was an idiot.

11. DarthHaskett

Apr 29, 2003
    He's now called Chewie-Mitty or was it Mitty Chewie(?). I'm sure he's probably forgotten all of us by now. :(

12. JediBith

JediBith Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 6, 2001
    I think we're taking the kids to Bat's Day in the Park next Sunday (Goth Day!) -- anyone else up for this?

13. AniPadmeLurker

AniPadmeLurker Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 30, 2004
    Yes Eric is called MC. You should've seen him seeing as you went on Space twice and didn't visit me like CBM and CB did. I did get your message, after theytold me you'd left me one. Too bad. i got them on Autopia real quick, then got to ride with CB, then talked to them out on the ride for a few minutes too. It was good times. They're such good friends to visit me on my 12 hour shift day. I was depressed and was losing my voice.

I got to show them where cars lock bumpers and show them my cool radio. It was good times. Apparently all they did was ride the train though. They didn't even stay for fireworks. And then CB made a really funny comment about that that I leave up to her to post. If she wants. Shopping. Ha.

But you guys left at a good time because the trains shut down for fireworks. We were Phase 2 that night. Meaning the wind could blow the fall out all over. People were ANGRY!!

14. crazybirdman

Feb 24, 2003
    Is it Goth day already? Wow time flies. I'd hate to miss it this year. I figure I'm always wearing black anyway . . .

15. DarthHaskett

Apr 29, 2003
    I did not know there was a Goth day. Sounds intriguing but I know Mr. DH would not appreciate it. Have fun!

16. JediRacer

JediRacer Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 5, 2000
    Is there an X-wing at Disneyland?

17. Skyryder

Apr 13, 2004
    Yes, there is an X-Wing at Disneyland. Goth Day at Disney? That sounds interesting. I have nothing planned for next weekend, I could be up for an outing JB.

I'm sorry I didn't go to Autopia APL, I wish you worked Space Mtn. I would have seen you twice. MC didn't recognize me I'm sure. I should ride Autopia, because I have never done that. There is still a lot of things I've never done. Like Fantasmic! I need to make a list.

18. JediRacer

Apr 5, 2000
    Ok. So where is said X-wing?

19. TheCrowbar

TheCrowbar Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 15, 2005
    I thought Goth Day was the 2nd weekend in October? I e-mailed the "host" *your ghost host... lol that was punny* of the event for some advice for our novice star wars day and he never got back to me, meh, the head of gay day did though :) so my loyalties lie with the fairies ...but if CBM is up for Goth Day then heck yeah, we will go.... i don't have the "goth" advantage like he does, i dressed up goth once (makeup, clothes, doc martens the whole nine yards) and my friend and i were in line for haunted (looking ever so intimidating I might add) and this mom came up to us and said "would you do me a favor, would you stand by my kids just to scare them a little, it will be hilarious" I was never so embarassed! I thought I looked scary, apparently I couldn't even convince a mom how scary I really was :_|

20. SoloJedi

SoloJedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 10, 2001
    JR -
    the X-wing is hanging overhead at the starcade...you can see it while you're waiting in line for Space Mt. upstairs. it looks to be a full size too. would be sweet to have in the backyard.
    i've enevr heard of Goth day...what exactly is it?
    Hey APL, what do you look like so next time i go i can look for you.
    SR...Fantasmic is a MUST, at least see it once...owrht the 20 mins. BUT you gotta have a good place to view it.

21. Skyryder

Apr 13, 2004
    Sorry JR, in my post I failed to mention its location, SJ has it right. Gay Day is the first weekend in October. The second weekend is Death Valley trip.

22. JediBith

JediBith Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 6, 2001
    We're probably going; I'm an old gothie and many of my oldest friends -- many of whom are going -- are too. Ah, the eighties!! Here is the link (we're just going on to DL Sunday, not to any other events): Bats Day in the Park. Check out the photos if you're unsure what to wear...me, I'll just dig out some old stuff, pop in the nose ring, crimp the hair...

Come on down -- the more the scarier! [face_pumpkin]

23. crazybirdman

Feb 24, 2003
    from the Arcade. . Taken by Britt
    [image=http://www.bobafettmp.com/Temp/photos/disney-7-30-05-11.jpg]

24. JediRacer

Apr 5, 2000
    That's a nice looking X-wing! I never noticed it. I guess it's because I never go into the Arcade (who wants to play videogames at D-land?). It looks better than the one they display as the "Lucasfilm" X-wing, which is the one made by fans in Colorado. That one, the engines look too small, the wings look too short. But who am I to criticize it since I haven't built my own full-sized X-wing. I'll take a look at it next time I'm at DL. I still need to go on the new and improved Space Mountain.

25. Skyryder

Apr 13, 2004
    Ok JB, I'm down for BatsDay. I'm excited because I have a chance to wear my Harley Biker Boots with the metal strap. I need to find more black attire. I wonder why you would do a Goth day and ask people to wear black in August. I would have waited to Winter or something but that's just me.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.