main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

LA, CA Disneyland - The Happiest Place on Earth

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by JediRacer, Aug 16, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheCrowbar

TheCrowbar Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 15, 2005
    That is what seperates the hard core goths from the poser goths

2. Skyryder

Skyryder Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 13, 2004
    And that is exactly what I would be a poser. I've never dressed goth before. Though the whole idea interest me, and I'm not frightened by people who are in that subculture. There is a little goth in me I think, but I won't tell you where.

3. crazybirdman

crazybirdman Jedi Master star 4

Feb 24, 2003
    if I remember correctly, they chose that day, because it's the first non-blockout (after Summer) day for the cheaper passes.

4. DarthMommy

DarthMommy Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 22, 2005
    Well I won't be there but I will in spirit and eyeliner. Alas, another missed function and I even have a pass! I would just be a poser anyway.

5. JediBith

JediBith Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 6, 2001
    Yay! Glad you're coming SR. Don't worry about being a poser goth; in spite of what he draws, BeSo is completely wondering what to wear! :oops: I, on the other hand, am an old pro:

Padawan: Mommy, did you used to go to punk parties?

Mommy: Yes, honey.

Padawan: Cool!!!

Padawan: Mommy, did you used to go to goth parties?

Mommy: Yes, honey.

Padawan: Awesome!!!

Padawan: Mommy, can I get a mohawk?

Mommy: When you're older, honey...

Padawan: Aww......

Said padawan is SOOOOOO excited about this, because I'm letting him spike his hair...
    'Tis funny being an old goth/punk mom!

6. DarthHaskett

DarthHaskett Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 29, 2003
    Very cool info on Goth day. I would also be a poser because my parents would have killed me first before letting me out of the house dressed Goth-ish. I have wanted a mohawk for many years and thought about getting one when my hair was long but I did not and now I think my co-workers (and bosses) would frown on it.

SJ, there are pictures posted of APL on the D-land day areas of the laff site. I think she also posted a "crying" Padme pic but you can't really see her face.

7. crazybirdman

crazybirdman Jedi Master star 4

Feb 24, 2003
    Oh yeah, here's some random Disneyland pics.
    Booyah

8. Skyryder

Apr 13, 2004
    I didn't know we had a DL photo page. I will take some pics one day and then never post them. Actually, I discussed with one of the LU.N peeps that we should take random obscure pictures at DL and then have other people guess where they come from. I'm going to do that the next time I'm there.

It will be just as exciting as the Calendar quiz.

9. JediRacer

JediRacer Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 5, 2000
    Are we transforming from a Star Wars fan club to a Disneyland fan club? Or has Disneyland become an extention of the LAFF? What's going on here. I should scan my old pictures of me and Disneyland ATTRACTIONS that aren't there anymore.

10. Skyryder

Apr 13, 2004
    You should. I would like to see how the park used to look. Growing up in Texas, I never got a chance to see.

I don't think we changing clubs in no way. I just like the place, just like I like Star Wars. It's the whole escapism thing I enjoy.

11. SoloJedi

SoloJedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 10, 2001
    i agree SR - i've always loved DL, it makes me feel like i'm somewhere else. Sure it's not perfect but t is a happy place. I love the smell as you walk around the park....the morning, noon, dusk and night time all have their "special" look and feel to the place. I also enjoy seeing the tourists' faces and the kids when they see things. hopefully now that i got my annual pass i'll take advantage of it!!![face_dancing]

p.s those are cool pictures but i still don't know which one is APL, so we can approach her and say HI to her.....
    SR....next time you go, go to this theater near the entrance of the park on main st USA. they have a ton pictures and info on how the park looked like before. Also, they show a 10-20 min film starring Steve Martin and they show great footage of the place....
    you should check it out some time.

12. Skyryder

Apr 13, 2004
    She is the one wearing the Buzz Lightyear Attraction Costume. I don't know what to call it, but standing next to CB.

13. AniPadmeLurker

AniPadmeLurker Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 30, 2004
    Yes this be me on the right. I was wearing my mini Leia buns that day.
    [image=http://lafanforce.com/Gallery/albums/album23/DSCN9432.sized.jpg]
    This is where I'm a Space Ranger. I won't tell you what I'm giving CB in the picture, I'll get in trouble. Heh..not that Disney execs go on theforce.net.

I also work Autopia most of the time and SR has just taken pictures of that-with my big floppy hat on as well. I can't wait to see those ones. It's so cool I have a gallery named after me...with only two pictures of me and a few other random things. I geta gallery! The first one is great.

SJ, just ask at Autopia or Buzz, out at entrance or whatever, for Jennifer. Plus if you tell me ahead of time if you're going, I'll tell u what ride I'll be on and I might have fastpasses in my pocket for you.

Or I might just yell at another cast member like I did for CB and CBM. That was great.

Me to CB: Yeah I'm losing my voice.
    CB: I can tell.
    Me: So do you wanna ride Autopia?
    CB:Sure I-
    ME (yelling): JESSICA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! TWO CARS!!!!!!
    CB: Oh...God...

It was a screech. It was great, I scared you didnt I?

14. Skyryder

Apr 13, 2004
    It is also helpful to put Star Wars in front when saying her name to other cast members. They will know immediatly who you are talking about.

15. AniPadmeLurker

AniPadmeLurker Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 30, 2004
    EXACTLY!

You: Hey, is Jennifer around...?
    Them: Uhhh...ummm...
    You: Star Wars Jennifer.
    Them: Oh yeah! She's at unload! I'll call her for you.

Although some people still don't visit me when they go.

16. Skyryder

Apr 13, 2004
    I know that's a slam against me and you're right. I'm a terrible person. My situation is this, I go with people who don't know you and who don't want to ride Autopia or Buzz. I'm afraid that if I break off and go it alone I won't be able to meet back up with the people I'm with. That is my lame excuss for not actually coming by. This Sunday I'm going again. To see the Goths. To visit with JB and crew. To purchase Mickey and Yodas for DH and JR. I won't be with LU.N this time.

17. JediBith

JediBith Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 6, 2001
    We love Autopia! We'll go on that attraction on Sunday... :)

18. DarthHaskett

Apr 29, 2003
    Thank you JB for using the word attraction. It makes my little brainwashed mind happy.

I wish I could go but we have a couple of things we are saving for so a D-Land pass does not work right now.

19. Hew-Laa_Rayy

Hew-Laa_Rayy Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 6, 2005
    Hi everybody! I'm just comin' on through, lettin' ya all know that I love Star Wars! All I ask in return... is your love as well. Also, I work right next to the Diz. (Hi Jen! I finally found this place! I'm such a noob!) Anyways, rock on!

-Nate

20. DarthHaskett

Apr 29, 2003
    Greetings Nate! I don't remember what your post name is. Please come to our future events. APL will tell you we are a pretty fun group (I hope).

21. Skyryder

Apr 13, 2004
    So I take it you are a friend of APL's? (we use initials here, we are lazy) We are a great group. I like us a lot.

22. TheCrowbar

TheCrowbar Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 15, 2005
    Yea we certainly don't suck! Hopefully you will stick around and not let this group scare you (like they did to me at first... hahaha)

23. Skyryder

Apr 13, 2004
    We scared you?!?!?! This coming from a woman who beat up a poor Disney Castmember. I know I was there. It was bloody I tell you. Limbs were a flying and I can't repeat the language here on the board.

Just kidding it wasn't that bad. It was funny. I like take charge attitude. Mostly because I'm whimpy.

24. SoloJedi

SoloJedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 10, 2001
    wow! 73 posts on this thread and going.....who'da thunk it? and JR was hesitant to start a disneyland thread....:p

25. NaboosPrincess

NaboosPrincess Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 14, 2001
    It's been really interesting reading all the stories in here. I don't think I could handle working at Disneyland because I don't really want to know how it all comes together. The mystery is part of the fun. But I like hearing the stuff from other people.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.