main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

LA, CA Disneyland - The Happiest Place on Earth

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by JediRacer, Aug 16, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Skyryder

Skyryder Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 13, 2004
    I agree with you NP, if I worked there I bet it wouldn't be as much fun. I accidently saw the backside of the Bengal BarBQ place the other day when they had these big doors opened to put away the trash and it wasn't pretty at all. It looked just like a nasty warehouse. Not the pretty Adventure Land.

2. crazybirdman

crazybirdman Jedi Master star 4

Feb 24, 2003
    More pics from last Sunday when Skyryder didn't visit APL

3. DarthHaskett

DarthHaskett Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 29, 2003
    I have to admit that hearing the "secrets" spoiled D-Land a bit for me but I'm still okay with it. I've thought about going back to work part time on the weekends but I don't really want to give up my weekends.

4. SoloJedi

SoloJedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 10, 2001
    NICE pics CBM -
    Killer hat APL! [face_laugh] :p hey i'm just kidding...you dont know me well enuff for me to tease ya yet....
    Mesa really really wanna go backy....

5. Skyryder

Apr 13, 2004
    Thanks for pointing that out CBM. Had I known she would be wearing such a neato hat I would have visited.

6. TheCrowbar

TheCrowbar Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 15, 2005
    Yeah well, hindsight is 2020 :D

7. Skyryder

Apr 13, 2004
    There have been some coworkers who have stepped up to answer my call for Goth attire. I received a necklace yesterday that looks pretty gothy. I'm such a poser.

So who all will be there on Sunday? APL are you working?

8. AniPadmeLurker

AniPadmeLurker Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 30, 2004
    [image=http://lafanforce.com/Gallery/albums/album24/DSCN9792.thumb.jpg]
    This is my favorite picture. I got stuck in the bushes trying to get to CB's car so I could hitch a ride to the "offroad" section.

So far I'm working Buzz on sunday. I'll keep everyone posted because i'm trying to switch it to a night shift, I have a day shift but I have church-duh! They know that.

About the whole hat thing...umm if you work an 11.5 day in the heat with long hair like mine, you'll want to wear a sun hat too. It looks dumb, makes people not recognize me without it, but has become my staple at Autopia. Literally people don't recognize me with my hair down most of the time. THis winter they'll be shocked!!!

Also, I knew I'd loose the disney magic when I hired in. My first dose of reality was Snow White backstage talking on her cellphone glaring at us trainees who were staring at her.
    Believe me there's nothing to see backstage it's dirty and boring.

9. JediRacer

JediRacer Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 5, 2000
    I got stuck on Space Mountain once, and after sitting in a stopped car for about 10 minutes, they switched the lights on. The ride looks kind of sad when you see it that way. The floor was really dirty and there was a folding table with folding chairs down there and some empty cans. I guess some of the crew hang out there and down a few at the end of the day. Some one came by and gave us a push and we were able to coast to the end of the ride and exit. Boy, talk about taking the "magic" away. One of the reasons why I never got an annual pass is because if I went too often, Disneyland wouldn't be that special anymore. It's fun to go maybe once a year, but I don't know about all the time.

10. AniPadmeLurker

Nov 30, 2004
    Yeah I'm guessing that was pre-renovation. Because I heard from some old Space workers that the ride became really ghetto and messed up towards the end. They worried about it all the time, and then when it finally really broke with that kid breaking his foot or whatever, they thought about redoing it.

Believe me it's not like that now. They are so anal over there. Everything has to look good.

11. AniPadmeLurker

Nov 30, 2004
    Double Post:
    So it seems like a lot of you are going to be visiting me on Sunday, If I could get kinda an exact account...like a figure you *think* is correct, then I can help out with fastpass on the ride I'll be working (which as of now is buzz) Once again I'll keep you posted on what my shift time is and whether or not i can join you before or after.

12. Skyryder

Apr 13, 2004
    I am going, I found out this morning that I will be with ES. We might be a little later in the day. JB is going but I don't know how many will be with her. CBM and CB will be there.

I would say 6 at least.

13. AniPadmeLurker

Nov 30, 2004
    Ok, once again ill keep you posted. I'll save 6 or 7 fastpasses. depending on where I'm at I can get you in maybe more than that. ask CBM adn CB...like 3 or four times?
    It was like: oh hey guys, come on in...oh you're back..come on in. Then we broke down. Thank goodness they'd already moved on. that's when buzz's hand went retarded. it was soooofunny.

ES, really? coooool.

14. Hew-Laa_Rayy

Hew-Laa_Rayy Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 6, 2005
    Welcome to Disneyland, where you're lucky if the ride just breaks down on you, instead of horribly mutilate and kill you. :D Bwa-Ha-Ha! As for what, uh, "APL" (it's gonna take some time for me to get used to initials. Hey! I'm "HLR"!) anyays, APL isn't wrong about how much the backstage area is not riveting or interesting. Though seeing Alice from Wonderland smoking on her break is pretty surreal...

15. DarthHaskett

Apr 29, 2003
    Or seeing Mickey without his head and actually being a girl! Yes, backstage is surreal but it's cool too. I miss it sometimes.

16. Elensara

Elensara Jedi Master star 4

Apr 2, 2002
    Unfortunately, not really. :( Sorry!

17. ValedaKor

ValedaKor Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 25, 2000
    For the hard core Disneyland enthusiasts -- info about the upcoming MouseAdventure can be found here.

18. DarthHaskett

Apr 29, 2003
    Very cool! Let's go!

19. JediBith

JediBith Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 6, 2001
    SR:

I believe we're aiming to get there Sunday around noon. You should have my cell...if not, PM me!

JB (getting her Goth stuff ready)

20. Skyryder

Apr 13, 2004
    I do have your number JB. I'll give you a call around noonish and meet up with you and your goth self.

21. AniPadmeLurker

Nov 30, 2004
    I have Buzz from 5 - 1130 on sunday. come visit me! ask for Jen, the SW one.

22. crazybirdman

Feb 24, 2003
    We asked for you tonight, but no one could find you. :(

23. AniPadmeLurker

Nov 30, 2004
    I thought you were going sunday CBM! everyone else is going sunday. i was 10-930 at Auto yesterday. sorry u couldn't find me. we broke down yesterday too, it was awesome. some kid was running around on the tracks.

24. crazybirdman

Feb 24, 2003
    Was there both days as you know by now. Watched the fireworks over by Small World. It's like a tottaly different show. Images from the rides are projected onto the front of IASW. I definetly recomend watching it from there once or twice. Unless you really like the actual fireworks, then stay at the castle. Pics up sooner of later.

25. Skyryder

Apr 13, 2004
    Goth Day at Disney was great. Now, they just need to have a day where you dress in black a little later in the year. It was good seeing the JB clan all dressed for the occasion. I took some pictures and will post them later. Sorry, I cut out early and left but I was tired and I new I wouldn't be any good at work today if I had stayed late.

But the most important thing was I got to see APL in costume for the first time.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.