main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph Disney's GARGOYLES Discussion (Cartoon, Comics, and More)

Discussion in 'Community' started by TiniTinyTony , Oct 6, 2006.

1. TiniTinyTony

TiniTinyTony JCC Super Bowl Pick 'Em Winner star 7 VIP - Game Winner

Mar 9, 2003
    7/20/2021: This is the place for discussing all things Gargoyles including the 90s cartoon, the 00s comics, and any of the latest news or just general discussion regarding this property.

As of 2021, NECA is currently in possession of the Gargoyles license and we're slated to get a 7-Inch Scale Action Figure of Goliath this August with many others planned including Demona and Thailog.

[image=http://ec1.images-amazon.com/images/G/01/ciu/30/d3/3e18024128a06eb9d222c010.L.jpg]

Greg Weisman, one of the creators and producer of the Gargoyles television series, is back with SLG Publishing to release and continue his story of GARGOYLES! The story begins right where it left off in Season 2 ("Hunter's Moon, Part 3") and begins with the retelling of "The Journey". Following that will be all new and exciting stories from Greg and his team.

I'm really looking forward to Gargoyles on this medium. Of course, I wish it was back on TV, but I'll take it anyway I can get it. If you haven?t heard Gargoyles #1 came out back on June 21 and Gargoyles #2 is slated to be released this November with the others following bi-monthly.

We as fans really need to get the word out. If you're a fan like me, you know that Gargoyles has been released on DVD with Season 1 and Season 2 Vol. 1. Unfortunately, there are no plans for Season 2 Vol. 2, which is the rest of Season 2, which would make the collection complete. All Greg asks us is to "spread the word." So while you spread the word anyway you can let's discuss our favorite memories from Gargoyles and the new stories that Greg will bringing us in the all NEW Gargoyles comic!

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 20, 2021
  2. TiniTinyTony

Mar 9, 2003
    [image=http://www.slgcomic.com/images/shopimages/large/garg2cv.jpg]

Issue #2 is currently available with new issues slated to be released every two months. So since #2 came out December 13, 2006, then issue #3 should come out February 2007. I can't wait because with #3 will come new never before seen storyline by Greg Weisman.

3. FlareStorm

FlareStorm Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 13, 2000
    Damn, that was a good show. I missed the last few, which would be on S2 #2

4. TiniTinyTony

Mar 9, 2003
    Gargoyles #3 comes out in 18 days on March 28, 2007. #1 and #2 retold the story of the first episode of the Goliath Chronicles. It was the only story that Greg Weisman was consulted on and involved in. The rest of the Chronicles does not exist. #3 begins the story that should have been.

I'm really look forward to the new story and it's scheduled to continue bi-monthly.

Feel free to check out the planned comics and future releases: SLG Publishing Release Schedule

5. TiniTinyTony

Mar 9, 2003
    [image=http://g-ec2.images-amazon.com/images/G/01/ciu/ea/fe/56bf828fd7a02f2217dc1110._AA240_.L.jpg]

Gargoyles #3 is out with new canon storyline. I don't want to say too much because I want you all to check it out, but I'll mention a few things.

The story continues as Xanatos begins "Phase 1" of his plan to have the Gargoyles become socially acceptable by throwing a Halloween party. Of course, there is no party this issue. Feelings need to be sorted out between Goliath and Elisa first, while the Illuminati has their hand in the police's plans, Xanatos' plans and John Castaway's plans. Their true motive remains a mystery. Their presence and Thailog's appearance leave us with the suspense of wanting more!

I can't wait for #4. Its tentative release is in May, and more issues should follow bi-monthly after that.

Is anyone else reading these? Anyone have a review or thoughts?

6. Raven

Raven Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 5, 1998

I used to love the Gargoyles cartoon. I love comics. I've heard good things about the book, here and elsewhere. But I can't bring myself to be interested in this comic for some reason. I don't know why.

7. TiniTinyTony

Mar 9, 2003
    Well, like I said above, the first two issues are the re-telling of the story "The Journey" from the Goliath Chronicles. So those first two issues are meant to transition those fans who are already fans and those who may not be too interested to hopefully spark some interest.

The third comic brings all new storyline which so far is pretty good. I'm not a huge comic book fan, but it has definitely sparked my interest. I will continue to buy new issues for two reasons 1) my own personal enjoyment and 2) hopefully Disney will notice that Gargoyles is still popular and they will consider releasing Gargoyles Season 2 Volume 2 DVD (or even new TV episodes!).

8. Jedi_Master_Conor

Jedi_Master_Conor Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 24, 2005
    so where do the comics fall in line w/ the TV show?

9. TiniTinyTony

Mar 9, 2003
    The TV show ended with 13 episodes of Season 3 "The Goliath Chronicles". Erase them from your memory except for the 1st episode of "The Goliath Chronicles": THE JOURNEY.

Greg Weisman, the creator of Gargoyles, has contributed to every episode of the show, up to and including THE JOURNEY. After that, he was no longer involved and the show did not go in the direction he wanted. (If you watch the credits of the last 12 episodes, his name was removed by his request.)

Greg Weisman is back with the Gargoyles comics. The story continues on from THE JOURNEY as told by the creator, in the direction that he so chooses. The comics are canon storyline. So the story we have thus far, and continues to grow includes Season 1, Season 2, Season 3 Ep 1, and the Comics (in that order).

10. TiniTinyTony

Mar 9, 2003
    A link to the list of canon episodes can be found HERE.

Gargoyles #4 - May 2007

[image=http://gargoyles.dracandros.com/w/images/thumb/a/a4/GargoylesComic4.JPG/360px-GargoylesComic4.JPG]

Summary:
    Thailog's back in town! In an adventure that takes us from the Labyrinth to the Eyrie to the White House, the evil clone of Goliath is determined to collect on his debts. Can the scattered clan come together in time to stop Thailog and save Goliath? And does Goliath want to be saved, now that Elisa has broken his heart?

11. TiniTinyTony

Mar 9, 2003
    Gargoyles #4 comes out tomorrow! Anyone plan on picking it up besides me?

12. TiniTinyTony

Mar 9, 2003
    [image=http://gargoyles.dracandros.com/w/images/thumb/0/07/GargoylesComic5.JPG/360px-GargoylesComic5.JPG]

Gargoyles #5 has been out since July 18, 2007. It's probably the best artwork thus far and concludes the story arc that began in Gargoyles #3. It's a great read for any fan or anyone new to the series. I definitely recommend it as well as its predecessors.

Gargoyles #6 should be out soon!

13. TiniTinyTony

Mar 9, 2003
    Am I the only fan on these boards? Am I wasting my time trying to spread the word here?

14. TiniTinyTony

Mar 9, 2003
    Check this out!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uDPKTtyRkfg

15. DRHJ9

DRHJ9 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 19, 2003
    I loved the television show, but have not read the comics.

Has Macbeth made any appearances yet? Wasn't he redeemed in a way, in the episode when King Aurthur got Excalibur back? I liked the mythology of the show, and the episodes that dealt with it. I didn't really care for the cloned Goliath/Thailog and some of the other Stand alones.

Also, has Xanatos's kid shown any signs of possessing magic yet?

16. TiniTinyTony

Mar 9, 2003
    Thank you for the question, I'd be happy to answer it.

Macbeth has made an appearance in Gargoyles #7. He did redeem himself in the tv episode you speak of called "Pendragon". In the tv episode, "Sanctuary" Goliath and Macbeth call a truce, so Macbeth is another human friend that the Gargoyles can trust (for now). In Gargoyles #7, Macbeth asks for the Gargoyles' help to make sure the Stone of Destiny is safely moved from England back to Scotland. What Gargoyles go to England with Macbeth? Who do they run into when they get there? Check out the Gargoyles comic to find out! They are fantastic.

I'm sorry you don't like Thailog. If you give him another shot and read Gargoyles #3 - #5, I think you'll see him in a new light and appreciate him more. He's such a great villain because he has the strength of Goliath and the intelligence of Xanatos. He's definitely cooking something up, and I really want to see what.

Xanatos's son hasn't shown any signs of possessing magic yet, except the fact that he appears to be aging at an incredible rate. This is touched on in Gargoyles #3 or #4.

All I have left to say is that if you loved the show, then you'll love the comics. I would REALLY love for you to buy the comics and keep Gargoyles going in comic book form. Even if you don't, I'll I can really ask of you is to please spread the word to your friends that may have loved Gargoyles like you, and let them know of the new adventures that they are missing out on. Thank you.

17. DRHJ9

May 19, 2003
    Thanks for the info:)

It's not that I don't like Thailog, I just liked the episodes dealing with the mythology of the series better.

Also, do you think Merlin and Aurthur will show up? At the end of the episode I mentioned, Aurthur said he was going to try to find Merlin. I loved that episode, since I liked the MacBeth character.

Where should I start, If I have not read the comics yet? Is there only one series, or run so far? Or are there a couple of storylines in different books?

18. TiniTinyTony

Mar 9, 2003
    Merlin and Arthur will be shown in the Gargoyles spin-off called PENDRAGON. The current Gargoyles spin-off in comic book form is entitled BAD GUYS. This spin-off will feature a story spanning a total of six issues. So far BAD GUYS #1 has been released, with BAD GUYS #2 to follow in February. If successful, Greg Weisman has said that the next spin-off will be PENDRAGON. But in order for Greg Weisman to create it and us to get a chance to read it, we need to buy the comics that are out now, and spread the word to others.

The current story arc in the main Gargoyles comic is called Clan Building. The Clan Building arc will be told from GARGOYLES #1 to GARGOYLES #12. The latest release is GARGOYLES #7. The issues are in chronological order. Here's a mini time line to help you out.

Gargoyles TV episode: Hunter's Moon Pt. 3: October 27th, 2006
    GARGOYLES #1 & #2: October 29, 2006
    GARGOYLES #3, #4, #5: October 31, 2006 - November 1, 2006
    GARGOYLES #6: November 2, 2006 (and flashback to new World Tour event)
    GARGOYLES #7, #8, #9: November 2, 2006 - November 16, 2006?
    GARGOYLES #10, #11, #12: unconfirmed December 31, 2006

Bold-ed items are items that have been released. I would start at the beginning with GARGOYLES #1. AND, if you don't want to buy all six issues to catch up, you don't have to! The Gargoyles Trade Paper Back called Clan Building Volume 1 has just been released and contains issues #1-#6. You can find it on Amazon or get it from your local comic book provider.

19. DRHJ9

May 19, 2003
    Again thanks!

I will try to pick up the TPB and a couple of issues.

Also, have they brought back the Three Sisters, and Oberon/Titania story arc?

Sorry to keep asking so many questions:) , but after the series went off television (Which I was very disappointed) I have not heard of any new stories.

Also, the Pendragon series sounds interesting. That was always one of my favorite episodes. Are the Gargoyles going to make an appearance there? I also wonder in MacBeth will make an appearance.

20. TiniTinyTony

Mar 9, 2003
    Your questions are welcome and I enjoy answering them. I'm sure other fans have similar questions too and are learning from your questions.

Nothing concerning Oberon or his children have been shown yet in the comics.

Here's all the info that is know concerning PENDRAGON.

21. DRHJ9

May 19, 2003

I hope the Pendragon comics make it this way sometime soon. It looks very interesting.

Also...

How has Demona's story played out. I know in one late episode she saved Angela didn't she? I know she was with Thailog for awhile, but I have not read the comics.

22. TiniTinyTony

Mar 9, 2003
    There is one panel in GARGOYLES #3, I believe that features Demona. All I know is that she's cooking up something good since her last plan to kill off the entire human race failed in Hunter's Moon Pt 3.

I believe her and Thailog have parted ways.

23. TiniTinyTony

Mar 9, 2003
    Anyone check out the comics yet?

24. TiniTinyTony

Mar 9, 2003
    Good news! The Gargoyles Clan Building Vol 1 Trade Paper Back and been lowered from $19.95 to $13.57! That's a steal!

http://www.amazon.com/Gargoyles-Clan-Building-1/dp/1593620969/ref=pd_bbs_sr_6?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1202067444&sr=8-6

25. DRHJ9

May 19, 2003
    Thanks for the info, I think I will order this when I get paid.

Also, has ther been any mention of how Puck/Owen is dealing with his situation? Isn't he the child's guardian?

I know I have to eventually read for myself...but you seem to be the go to guy for Gargoyles knowledge:p