San Fran, CA Disney's Star Wars land will be gibbest in resort history- Orlando business journal

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by SiaLanWezz, Jun 28, 2013.

1. SiaLanWezz Force Ghost

star 2
    Guess what, Disney fans? That rumored Star Wars land/expansion at Disney’s Hollywood Studios will dwarf any other Disney-related expansion in its recent history.
    At least that’s what a source with close connections to the park told me about all the growing chatter about a new Star Wars land project coming to Walt Disney World.
    It's expected that any type of Star Wars expansion could easily be north of $200 million in new investment at Mickey's house, but the thought of something bigger is quite impressive.
    By the way, this stacks on some other information I heard last week from reports and insiders that Disney would rather open new additions as they are completed and not wait to let other parks — ahem,Wizarding World of Harry Potter’s Diagon Alley at Universal Studios — get too far ahead.
    Now, there's also been news of a Cars Land addition to Hollywood Studios, but my source told me it will be nothing compared to the level of Disney’s vision for Star Wars.
    Disney has yet to announce what Star Wars-related additions could be coming to the park, but it has had plans to bring the franchise to the parks in some fashion. Back in October when Disney acquired Star Wars-owner LucasFilm, Walt Disney Co. Chairman and CEO Bob Iger said Disney had “ample opportunity to expand the [Star Wars] presence in our parks.
  2. Jedi_Tenken Force Ghost

star 4
  3. SiaLanWezz Force Ghost

star 2
    Min I have just posted the same link
  4. Jedi_Tenken Force Ghost

star 4
    Yeah I know, I just like posting the original source so things can be cited.