main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Dissapearance of some jedi

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by JLP638, Feb 24, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JLP638

JLP638 Jedi Youngling

Feb 24, 2006
    I'm sure this has been answered before, but what's up with only Obi-Wan and Yoda dissapearing when they die

2. anakin_luver

anakin_luver Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 26, 2005
    They become one with the Force.

3. Clone_Commander169

Clone_Commander169 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 11, 2005
    yea thats what i thought

but what about anakin. hows he do it without disapearing

4. anakin_luver

Jul 26, 2005
    I believe, since he was in the body of Vader, he "disappeared" internally. His spirit rejoined the "good" Anakin in the Netherworld.

5. purpilian

purpilian Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 27, 2005
    Qui-Gon taught Yoda and Obi while they were in seclusion. Though not offical I believe it is widly excepted that Anakin, being the chosen one and fulfilling the legend, he naturally disapeared.

6. Clone_Commander169

Clone_Commander169 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 11, 2005
    ooo thats great. altho didnt qui gon learn the same thing??? why didnt he?

7. JLP638

JLP638 Jedi Youngling

Feb 24, 2006
    There were alot of Jedi killed through out the prequil, why did'nt they become one with the force. At first I thought that Obi and Yoda were stronger with the force than the rest but then what abot Qui-Gon. This is one thing that always bugged me.

8. purpilian

purpilian Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 27, 2005
    In ROTS Yoda explains it to Obi as clear as day. Qui-gon returned from the nether world of the force after learning the path to immotality. He then contacted Yoda who in turn taught Obi to commune with him. Anakin is guessed to just automaticlly do this at death.

9. voodoopuuduu

voodoopuuduu Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 22, 2004
    ooo thats great. altho didnt qui gon learn the same thing??? why didnt he?

Qui-Gon was the first to retain his identity after death, although he didnt perfect it. He then taught Yoda and Obi-Wan.

10. DarthDannyboy

DarthDannyboy Jedi Youngling

Jun 5, 2005
    Who's to say Vader/Anakin didn't disappear? Yoda didn't fade away directly after he died. Right after Anakin dies, they cut to Luke and we don't see what could have happened. Plus, when Luke burns his dad on the pyre, the full suit is on. Maybe Anakin learned the true path by realizing how much his son meant to him and felt the "love." I feel that Qui-Gon may have figured it out somehow after he died. I think GL set this one up for thought.

11. LORDVIGILANCE

LORDVIGILANCE Jedi Youngling star 4

Jun 11, 2005
    It is thought by some Obi-Wan and Yoda assisted Anakin in his journey to immortality.

All Jedi become one with the Force. It is the ability to become one with the Force and still be able to influence life around you that's the key.

Qui-Gon didn't disapear because he hadn't learned the technique in its complete form.

12. anakin_luver

Jul 26, 2005
    I believe Anakin/Vader became one with the Force without instruction was either because Anakin was guided by his true, "good" spirit or because he was created by the Force, he is to exceed all its powers naturally.

13. Leias_love_slave

Leias_love_slave Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 26, 2003
    When you say "It is thought by some..."

...I assume you are referring to those who listened to the ROTJ DVD commentary.;)

14. LORDVIGILANCE

LORDVIGILANCE Jedi Youngling star 4

Jun 11, 2005
    Maybe...:cool:

15. darth-sinister

darth-sinister Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 28, 2001
    Qui-gon could not become a corporeal ghost. He learned from a Shaman of the Whills. He taught this to Obi-wan and Yoda, who teach it to Anakin.

16. Darth_Chewy-bacca

Darth_Chewy-bacca Jedi Master star 3

Feb 27, 2006
    Do you know who the shaman is. I know Yoda is a Whill.

17. jedikitty19

jedikitty19 Jedi Knight star 6

Feb 23, 2006
    how do u know this?

18. darth-sinister

darth-sinister Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 28, 2001
    Yoda is not a Whill. That was a fan thing that got out of control. The Whills are a group of Force users who are different from the Jedi. What little is known is that they are not going around as the guardians of peace, like the Jedi did. Most likely they're closer to what the Aing-Tii are in the eu. Force users only concerned with studying the Force and growing more and more connected to it. Lucas has hinted that they are almost cosmically aware. Higher beings. Godlike. Witnesses to events and they record it in their journals. This dates back to the early script drafts and the opening in the novelization for ANH. The story of how Qui-gon came across this will not be told, but there are hints in the expanded universe. Once upon a time, Jedi could do this. But it became lost following the decimation that hit 4,000 years earlier. Qui-gon had come close to turning during a confrontation with the man who was responsible for the death of a fellow Jedi that he had grown attached to. When Qui-gon was ready to kill in hate, Tahl had spoken to him. From there, Qui-gon apparently became curious about it. In time his honor, nobility, selflessness and no attachment made it possible for him to return from the Netherworld. Though this point is rather fuzzy, as to when he met the Shaman has not been explained.

Suffice to say, Qui-gon did learn the technique and could speak to anyone, but they had to be able to listen. It could happen while the intended was asleep or in deep meditation. Qui-gon was not skilled enough to disappear on his own. But he could prepare Obi-wan and Yoda, who in turn helped Anakin. Obi-wan had managed to sneak it by Luke without his being aware of it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.