main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Diversity in the Sequel Trilogy (see warning on page 11)

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Rickleo123, Nov 29, 2016.

1. godisawesome

godisawesome Skywalker Saga Undersheriff star 6 Staff Member Manager

Dec 14, 2010
    I'd do you one better and have Cody discharged from the Imperial Stormtrooper Corps for getting too old, trying to track someone down on Tatooine, and encountering Obi-Wan, forcing them both to deal with the emotional fallout and mental gymnastics caused by Order 66. I mean, imagine Morrison given a scene to act out a veteran soldier meeting his trusted and admired commander, whom he tried to kill because of chemical alterations in his brain, and struggling with the justifications he convinced himself of all those years ago while Obi-Wan just keeps on proving them wrong.

2. Count Yubnub

Count Yubnub Force Ghost star 5

Oct 1, 2012
    I'd love Temura in a spinoff movie.

If Boba Fett is just going to be in armor in whatever movie we'll see him in, Temura can just provide the voice, and have a younger guy (Daniel Logan?) do the physical thing.

3. DARTH_BELO

DARTH_BELO Force Ghost star 5

Nov 25, 2003
    Love this idea!

That's true. There's no mistaking the voice. It would be very effective, aesthetically.

Count Yubnub and QuangoFett like this.
  4. Martoto77

Martoto77 Jedi Master star 5

Aug 6, 2016
  5. Darth Smurf

Darth Smurf Small, but Lethal star 6

Dec 22, 2015
    I just read that as well. What's the probability that this is just an alt right punk that wants to create click bait for his FB page?
    All this is extremely disgusting but I doubt that it was organized by any group. I am afraid that there are more than enough independent idiots in this world that can created this mess - and this even makes me more sad.

Jedi Merkurian , Blastaar and Jedha like this.
  6. Contreras1991

Contreras1991 Jedi Padawan star 1

Apr 18, 2017
    i think is the same idiot claming that he was vote brigading the rotten tomatoes score for the last jedi

7. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    Bring Back Legends did have a record of harassing Lucasfilm employees at conventions a few years ago.

8. DARTH_BELO

DARTH_BELO Force Ghost star 5

Nov 25, 2003
    What I hate about that, is that in these cases, the actions of a few messed up fanatics can potentially sort of "tarnish" the impression the general public has about SW fandom as a result. It's so easy these days for a vocal few to affect so many that may be led to assume that's just how things are for people who are part of a certain group, simply cos they just don't know any better. I'd hope people don't start feeling SW fans in general are capable of such things, and that they realize these are isolated actions of these extremists.

Last edited: Jun 11, 2018
  9. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    One post I have seen circulating around Facebook ends with this:

‘Make no mistake, these are not Star Wars fans. They are ***holes who say they like Star Wars.’

10. Admiral Keller

Admiral Keller Jedi Knight star 1

Dec 15, 2017
    Exactly this. They're 4chan types who get a rise out of making people mad on the internet. They're the same people who made a stink over a black stormtrooper. They're a very small minority who know how to push the right buttons to get as much free press as they want and make themselves seem a lot larger.

11. Martoto77

Martoto77 Jedi Master star 5

Aug 6, 2016
    The most saddening thing about this, for me, is that it has affected the lives of people involved in making the films, many of them fans like me and you, who are guilty of nothing more than trying to make movies that they hope the fans will enjoy.

Even if you are not satisfied with their efforts, any decent person should recognise that as shameful. Without feeling embarrassed as star wars fans I might add. As has already been mentioned. The individuals responsible are not Star Wars fans, nor do they speak for them.

12. PendragonM

PendragonM Force Ghost star 4

Mar 7, 2018
    Yes, it's the same person. Also claimed to be attacking Black Panther too. He's the source of the "bot" story that Deadline ran with even after RT said it didn't happen.
    Several pro EU groups have thrown him out and denounced him over and over, but he's great at getting publicity.

13. Contreras1991

Contreras1991 Jedi Padawan star 1

Apr 18, 2017
    Still RT was not going to admit that their user review sistem is flawed, it would damage their brand. But the ex director of rotten said that he not pay attention to the audience reviews since he has noted that various directors of movies that were bad with the critic score asked the fans for help to increase the audience score. RT got more cautious with Black Panther tho. IMBD had to delete all Solo reviews because it was being bombarded before the movie was even premiered

14. CT-867-5309

CT-867-5309 Chosen One star 7

Jan 5, 2011
    I disagree. They're Star Wars fans, they're just also ***holes.

Being an ***hole doesn't somehow disqualify one from being a fan and trying to pretend these people aren't fans is just another No True Fan fallacy attached to a particularly extreme subset.

QuangoFett likes this.
  15. nld3

nld3 Jedi Master star 2

Nov 29, 2012
    It the Media's fault they love controversy it gets attention & click$. That the game the Media play$.

Last edited: Jun 12, 2018
  16. Birkendoc

Birkendoc Chosen One star 4

Sep 20, 2001
    How is this the media's fault? The media didn't bully KMT with racist and sexist attacks. The media didn't attack John Boyega with repeated racist attacks. The media didn't jump all over Daisy Ridley and drive her off Instagram because of her opinion on US gun control.

So-called fans did. The media only cast a light on this very ugly and narrow-minded cadre of *******s that claim to be Star Wars fans.

So let's drop this deep state theory that the media is in on this. They aren't.

17. clockpenalty

clockpenalty Jedi Master

May 31, 2007
    I'm not so sure about this. The hundreds of thousands of views on the swarm of videos that bash the last jedi and starwars endlessly, using alt-right codewords and having racist backslapping in the comments, seem to make it seem that a pretty huge portion of the target demographic is on board with the hatred.

The apparent success of the boycott solo campaign also points in this direction.

Star Wars might have cultivated a toxic fanbase due to years of pandering to the dark side during the pre-disney EU with endless stories about all sorts of sith lords commiting genocide and engaging in all sorts of fascist wish-fulfilment.

18. Blastaar

Blastaar Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 25, 2015
    I'm not sure I follow you, but are you saying that stories about sith lords doing bad things, created a "toxic" fan base? I'd always thought that outside of palpatine, sith lords were not fascists. Either way, the POV that stories have some how created a "toxic" fan base is one I've never heard, nor expected to ever hear. I also don't think the "solo boycott" was successful so much as people just weren't as interested in an origin story for han solo. Sure there were some fans who made a point to boycott, but couple that with the backlash from TLJ as well as infinity war having a massive release a few weeks before, and you have a perfect storm for solo to bomb.

19. CairnsTony

CairnsTony Force Ghost star 5

May 7, 2014
    There's a World Cup happening and it's proving to be very interesting already. All this SW stuff will have to wait. See you in a month. ;)

20. Herald of Mandos

Herald of Mandos Jedi Knight star 3

Apr 1, 2018
    "The apparent success of the boycott Solo campaign" being, of course, the fact that Solo failed at the box office. Which- in this context- would require an actual majority of those who would have otherwise seen it to boycott it because they were fascists.

I feel there is a sort of unhealthy symbiosis developing between right-wing trolls (who would love to claim credit, of course) and the Disney/Lucasfilm faithful (as in, those who seemingly don't want to believe the company is capable of a misstep of any kind). Solo flops. Could it be the film itself? Could it be the casting? Could it be the previous film? Could it have been released too soon? Could it have been the marketing? Etc.

...Nah, the answer's got to be fascism. The alt-right told everyone not to see the film, and they obeyed because the EU had turned them all into fascists. The old, discarded EU, mind, not the new improved, canonical version. Whew! That was a close one! [face_relieved]

21. Birkendoc

Birkendoc Chosen One star 4

Sep 20, 2001
    speaking of which, is there a World Cup thread anywhere?

I really need a place to squee about all sorts of footie goodness.

22. CairnsTony

CairnsTony Force Ghost star 5

May 7, 2014
    Yep!

http://boards.theforce.net/threads/the-official-2018-fifa-world-cup-thread.50049506/page-11

23. 3sm1r

3sm1r Force Ghost star 6

Dec 27, 2017
    IMO what we really need is a female screenwriter. I'm not very satisfied with the female characters so far, I find them less interesting than the male characters, and I'm starting to think that the reason could be that they are written by men.

24. Jedi Jessy

Jedi Jessy Force Ghost star 5

Feb 28, 2016
    They need to hire more non white men as directors and screenwriters. Star Wars really need it

Kurenai24, Ren Kylo, afrojedi and 7 others like this.
  25. christophero30

christophero30 Chosen One star 10

May 18, 2017
    Maybe Lawrence Kasdan has a daughter. :cool:

3sm1r likes this.