Saga Divided paths (AU)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Hananiah, Jun 25, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Moderators: Briannakin, mavjade
  1. Hananiah Jedi Master

star 4
    Title: Divided paths
    Summery: Sixteen years ago Anakin Skywalker and Padme Amidala choose different paths for the protection of their children and now they are about to meet.
    Disclaimer: I don't own these characters

The Jedi padawan woke with a start, instantly adjusting to her surroundings, her body slowly relaxing. A concerned beep came from the corner of her bedroom.
    "I'm alright Artoo" Leia Skywalker muttered as she managed to drag herself out of bed, and pulling on her robes.
    As she remembered what day it
    was her dull brown eyes came to life.
    She was sixteen today, her friend Obi Wan Kenobi well he was her father's friend really but Leia loved him almost as much as Anakin did, hinted something was going to happen today.
    But what?
    Leia's quick mind began to sort through evrything that could hapepn but nothing seemed out of the ordinary.
    Slowly she knelt under her bed and dragged a large box from beneath it, she gazed at the top for a moment her hands running across the silver clasps that decorated the old wood.
    The only thing Leia had to remeber her mother.
    Quickly she opened the heavy lid, underneath personal possessions sat two old holograms and a yellow blanket that Leia had been wrapped in when she was born.
    Leia stared hard into her mother's face which was compleatly obscurred by white make up, her gaze was commanding.
    ObI Wan often said that sometimes she looked like her when she was determind.
    But she was a stranger to Leia.
    leia felt no connection to the woman in the picture, no memory, no scent, no whispered words.
    Leia let her sadness run it's course, she could not do anything about it and knew from experience that it would soon leave her and Leia would continue on as usual.
    "Leia" the voice came from the doorway, startled Leia turned to see her father standing in the doorway, he looked uncharactically alert and Leia could sense something underneath the normal calm her father gave out.
    "Leia we have a mission"
    Leia's mouth opened and then closed.
    "But it's my birthday" she protested feebly.
    "Leia it's important" Leia knew that voice it meant she shouldn't argue.
    "Where do we go?" she asked wearily
    "Naboo"
    Anakin looked hard at his daughter as if testing her. but Leia just stared back.
    "Come we have a meeting with the council"

Leia didn't like being called in front of the full council.
    It meant something serious was going on. She glanced from face to face finally setttling on Obi Wan's.
    But Obi Wan's face was turned to Anakin.
    "We have word from Chancellor Amidala, she has requested your help."
    That made Leia start, it was rare that anyone called for a specific jedi team.
    "Palpatine has assumed control of more worlds, he will not give up the powers he was given sixteen years ago, it had come slowly but we feel he is plotting against the republic." Mace Windu said, his dark eyes on Anakin.
    "More is happening though Anakin, Padme is part of the alliance against him, she was supposed to sign a treaty with the Queen of Aldeeran but her necies Pooja and Ryoo have been kidnapped."
    "To gain leverage against Chancellor Amidala?" Leia reasoned and many of the council members nodded approvingly.
    "You must go to Naboo Anakin and help Padme"
    Leia was sure that their was something underlying in her friends tone.
    Anakin seemed in the middle of an eternal struggle but at last he said "Tell Padme I'm on my way."

Naboo had always been peaceful Chancellor Amidala loved it here as did her son Luke.
    But now they were here on buisness.
    The treaty had to be signed against the growing armies of Palpatine he had kidnapped her sister's children.
    Anger flooded through her as she thought of how she would feel if someone took Luke away from her.
    'I've already lost Leia I can't loose Luke as well'
    She looked to the sky although she knew that Anakin's transport would not be arriving until tomorrow.
    he would take care of everything she thought
    'as long as we can go without killing each other'

TBC
  2. Darth_Leia_6669 Jedi Master

star 4
    Good concept you have going. Is it safe for me to guess that Luke's not force sensitive in this one? There are a few things that I find confusing about your writing, mainly grammer mistakes, and some typos. Don't get me wrong, I think this story has a lot of promise, and I look forward to reading more. I do suggest you find a beta reader, they can help alot. Look under writer's resources for the beta reader thread. I'm fairly new here myself, but I'll help out with what I can, just ask! :D

--later--
Moderators: Briannakin, mavjade
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.