main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Divided we fall. A sorta JA fanfic.

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Jedi Gryph Grin, Jan 13, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi Gryph Grin

Jedi Gryph Grin Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 25, 1999
    Mwuahahah!!

Thanks for your input H.L. I've got some ideas simmering on the back burner of my fwagile wittle mind.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Geneva,Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Ghosties, Ghoulies, long leggety beasties, and things that go 'bump' in the night.

2. JediKnight-Obi-Wan

JediKnight-Obi-Wan Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 13, 2000
    Okay I'm going to peel myself off the wall and post. LOL I am a lurker. I admit. Though not of my chosing half the time. Half the time, I just don't have time.

Anyway great story! LOL So whats the wookie going to do when Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan surprise them.
    Yikes, don't surprise a wookie!

3. Jedi Gryph Grin

Sep 25, 1999
    Here's another iffy post. Let me know what you think.

The late night air of Osiris was more than a little bit chilly and Rela?s body shivered uncontrollably as she and Hrruggla left the confines of the city walls and made their way onto the edge of the landing field.

{Remind me again why we?re skulking around at this time of night}, Hrruggla said in a low-pitched growl, {a good night?s sleep would do us both good.}

?I know,? Rela replied, trying to keep the note of frustration out of her voice, ?but we have to get back to the ship and get our stuff before anyone has a chance to inspect it.?

{You mean before Qui Gon has a chance to inspect it...} the Wookie growled in response, amusement tingeing her words, {why are you so afraid of him?}

?I?m not so afraid of him,? Rela sighed as she pulled her cloak more securely around her to ward off the chill air, ?I?m more afraid of disappointing him.?

{Maybe next time you will honor your promises}, Hrruggla said softly as they began weaving their way through the silent maze of quiescent star ships.

If looks could kill, the one Rela threw at Hrruggla would have had the Wookie lying on a slab in the coroner?s office. She stopped herself in mid-thought, I?m worn out and on a hair trigger, she thought to herself, if I?m not careful I could alienate the only friend I have right now. ?Hrruggla, I appreciate your help and friendship, but don?t pass judgement on me. I?m my own worst critic, and there?s not anything you can say that I haven?t said to myself a thousand times over.?

{I know, dear child}, Hrruggla replied softly, her tall, shaggy form silhouetted against the star studded night sky, {I just wanted to make sure that you were thinking things through}.

Within the dimly illuminated ship Qui Gon and Obi Wan waited patiently, the Jedi Master was meditating...Obi Wan could feel the undulating waves of Force concentration emanating from his teacher, but try as he might, he could not calm himself enough to be one with the force. Something is about to happen, Obi Wan thought uneasily as he poked at the pile of travel packs with his booted toe, something about this feels like the calm before a storm.

As if in response to Obi Wan?s unspoken comment, Qui Gon?s eyes snapped open. His emerald gaze moving to meet that of his padawan. ?Someone is approaching,? the Jedi Master said softly, ?two someones actually. Be ready Obi Wan.?

A sharp pang of hurt stabbed at the young man. When have I not been ready Master? he thought, shielding his thoughts carefully, why do you find it necessary to remind me of that all the time? He immediately pushed that thought away as being unworthy of a Jedi, followed his Master?s example and faded into the shadows of the ship?s entryway.

Master and Padawan stood immobile within the concealing shadows of the ship as the entryway cycled open accompanied by a rush of fresh air. Two figures stood in the opening, one tall and shaggy, the other was slight, almost delicate, and enshrouded by a heavy, voluminous cloak. The hatch closed behind the two figures and for a moment there was no sound within the confines of the small area. ?So far, so good,? a light, lilting soprano voice echoed from the durasteel bulkhead.

?Identify yourselves!!? Qui Gon?s voice thundered in the cold silence as he stepped from the shadows, his voice ripping through the room. With a buzz-humm of power an emerald blade of pure energy erupted from the silver cylinder that he held.

{Stop, Qui Gon!} the dark, tall figure roared, {you know me!}

The other, smaller figure gave out an ear piercing shriek and darted into an adjoining cabin.

Obi Wan melted out of the shadows and followed the cloaked figure, calling on the force to give him strength and speed. He quickly overtook the shadowy figure and grabbed an outflung arm, spinning the person around to face him.

?Rela?!? he gasped in surprise, ?what in the nine hells are you doing here??

?A little of this, a little of that,? she replied with her standard rejoinder, out of breath from her attempted escap

4. Alli-Wan

Alli-Wan Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 21, 1999
    Excellent post JGG!

Certainly not iffy!

Poor Rela. Out of the frying pan and into the fire.

Keep up the good work! --AWK

5. HealerLeona

HealerLeona Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 18, 2000
    <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Geneva,Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>"He's standing right behind me, isn't he?"

LOL, excellent, just excellent, certainly not iffy at all Jedi Gryph Grin.

6. Jane Jinn

Jane Jinn Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 12, 2000
    All right, Qui-Gon! Grab her and shake her until an explanation falls out!

Great work, Gryph!

7. mouse2

mouse2 Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 29, 1999
    I love it bro! Keep it up. I want more!

I love what you're doing with Rela. I can't stop grinning.

8. mouse2

Oct 29, 1999
    Upity up up upity up!

9. Jedi Gryph Grin

Sep 25, 1999
    Okay, here's a short bit. For some reason I'm having difficulty getting inspired. Let me know what you think.

Qui Gon lay on the small bed wrapped in his Jedi robes and his eyes stared off, focusing on nothing in the inky blackness of the cabin he shared with his padawan onboard the courier vessel. From across the cramped cubicle, he could hear Obi Wan?s rhythmic breathing and an occasional dream induced mumble from the young man as he slept.

It?s all so much to try to absorb at once, thought the Jedi Master as he continued to gaze at nothing, his thoughts tumbling over each other.

After their surprising reunion earlier, and after he had convinced Rela that he wasn?t going to kill her for her duplicity...yet, they had all settled down in the main gathering area of the ship and listened to Rela?s tale of the events that had occurred on Llakret and ended in such a horrific conclusion for the moon colony and the poor souls who had not made their way to safety. Time stretched and, before they realized it, the early morning hours were upon them. By the end of telling her story, Rela?s emotions were wound so tight that Qui Gon knew that there was no chance that she would be able to rest at all this night. Obi Wan had been similarly affected and in a fit of desperation Qui Gon had called on the force to compel both of the youngsters to go to sleep, if only for the remaining two hours until the sun rose. But try as he might, he could not force himself to relax enough to find the sleep that he craved.

Charsa..., the Jedi Master?s mind whispered to him unbidden.

Jedi are no strangers to the possibility of death, Qui Gon mused, his thoughts turning mournful, sometimes the path we follow demands it. But to go in such a way...what a waste. He shook his head slightly in heartfelt regret.

And Kason, Qui Gon?s mind almost reeled at Rela?s description of explosive power that the teenager had unleashed, whatever he did, it was not Final Strike as Charsa thought. The legend of Final Strike has always entailed that the Jedi who invokes the rite is destroyed along with the target, hence the reason it was supposedly only used as a last resort. I don?t know what he did, but I certainly would not want to try it...unless there were no other choice.

He sighed softly and tried to re-arrange himself into a more comfortable position, yet sleep still eluded him. From the corner of his eye he caught a glimpse through the cabins only porthole of the slightly less dark night outside, the sky was taking the deep bluish cast that heralded the approach of morning. The Jedi Master sighed again.

Time to get up and get everyone organized, Qui Gon thought to himself, looking regretfully at his tousled bunk, first order of business is to go check on Kason, then we?ll see what else the day has in store for us. What else can go wrong?

10. mouse2

Oct 29, 1999
    That was really good Gryph. I love how you set up what's in store for them the next day. Plus I can't wait to se what Qui-Gon meant by yet.

More please!

11. Jedi Gryph Grin

Sep 25, 1999
    Ok, here's another post. Not much action in this one either. *sigh* I should have something a little more captivating to post tomorrow.

As the four companions gathered in the main cabin of the ship, Rela?s head felt as if it was packed full of straw and her eyes were gummy due to lack of sleep. None of the others looked as if they felt any better, so she decided to keep her mouth shut and not complain.

The hatchway opened at Qui Gon?s command and they all stepped out into the almost painfully bright sunshine of the new morning. They all started off on their journey across the landing field, Qui Gon in the lead with Hrruggla, Obi Wan and Rela trailing behind. Shadows of the high flying, puffy white clouds seeming to chase each other among the stationary spacecraft standing on the tarmac.

?So Rela,? Obi Wan asked with a casual air as he sidled up beside her, ?just out of curiosity, how did you end up on Llakret to begin with??

?Could the formal inquisition into my presence on the moon please wait until both of my eyes are open?? Rela snapped back in response, the tone of her voice a bit more acidic than she?d intended.

?Not a problem,? Obi Wan replied tersely, shrugging his shoulders to indicate his nonchalance, ?whatever suits you.? He then lengthened his stride somewhat to catch up to his master and walked side by side with Qui Gon.

?Ugh,? Rela muttered softly, ?too little sleep and too many things to worry about.?

{Worry serves no purpose my small friend,} Hrruggla growled, obviously having overheard Rela?s remark, {you can worry about something from now until the end of days, but it won?t help anything}.

?I know,? Rela replied with a sigh, ?its just that I?m so tired right now, what I wouldn?t give for some peace and quiet, just to get some rest for a while.?

{Ah, yes...rest,} the Wookie said with a thoughtful gleam in her brown eyes, {Charsa rests now}.

Rela felt as though the Wookie had suddenly doused her with a bucket full of ice water. ?W-what is that supposed to mean?? she stammered in shock.

{Always remember Rela girl,} Hrruggla replied in a voice so low that only Rela could hear, {you may be tired now...and you most likely will be again, in time. Someday you may be hurt, you may suffer loss...though I certainly hope that you do not. But all those things should serve to remind you of one fact...that you?re alive...and as long as that is so, then you have hope. Even though life may bring you hardships...it is preferable to the alternative}.

?I think I understand what you mean,? Rela replied thoughtfully as she looked up at the imposing city gates, ?I?ll think about what you said. For now though, I think we need to catch up with Qui Gon.? She pointed at the tall Jedi Master who was now far ahead of them due to their dawdling pace while talking.

Rela sprinted forward at a dead run with Hrruggla right beside her and they quickly caught up with the two Jedi. Qui Gon turned slightly as the two scrabbled to a stop and resumed a more stately pace directly behind him. The gleam in his eyes as he looked a Rela reminded her that she was still on thin ice as far as the Jedi Master was concerned and she shivered slightly in unpleasant anticipation of the ?nice long talk? he had promised her they would have ?very soon?.

I would ask what else could go wrong, Rela though wryly, but as soon as I did...I have no doubt that I would find out first hand.

12. mouse2

Oct 29, 1999
    More Gryph! We need more.

I love Hrruggla. She always knows when to say the right thing, and sometimes Rela needs a little reminding. hehehe

13. Alli-Wan

Alli-Wan Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 21, 1999
    As usual, a wonderful post JGG. Keep up the good work!

14. Jedi Gryph Grin

Sep 25, 1999
    Thanks for the comments ya'll. Here's some more, let me know what you think.

The four companions continued on their trek through the city wordlessly until they reached the entrance to the med center, Qui Gon stopped and turned to look at Rela and the Wookie. ?Please try not to get into any trouble while we?re inside,? he said with a hint of weariness in his voice.

Hrruggla growled unhappily at having someone think she needed to be reminded of such a thing.

Rela fluttered her eyelashes coyly as she unleashed one of her most dazzling smiles, and was gratified to see the corners of the Jedi?s mouth quirk slightly upward in response. So he?s unfrozen towards me somewhat, she mused silently, her spirits considerably lifted, we?re not out of this yet, so I had better play my cards carefully.

Inside the Med Center the light was subdued and comforting while the temperature was a welcome decrease from humid, almost steamy weather outside. Rela sighed in relief as the cool indoor air dried the perspiration that was beaded on her forehead.

They passed the administration desk and made their way down a lengthy hallway. Roughly halfway to the end Qui Gon stopped, opened a door and passed inside followed by the others.

Standing just inside were two people that Rela had never met before, their facial features and tanned skin indicated that they were native to Osiris.

Qui Gon beckoned Rela and Hrruggla to step forward and then turned to face the two strangers. ?Countess Neila and Med Tech Jonn-Vek,? the Jedi said as he placed one hand gently on Rela?s shoulder, ?allow me to present a recent addition to our little group...Rela, someone whom I?ve known for quite some time.?

Jonn-Vek nodded wordlessly in greeting while Neila murmured a brief, ?welcome.? Their attention was locked on the imposing figure of the Wookie standing nearby, both wore astonished expressions on their faces and scarcely even blinked as they stared at the unfamiliar being.

?And this...?

?And this,? Rela interrupted Qui Gon as she placed her hand on the Wookie?s shaggy arm, ?is Hrruggla, a dear and trusted friend.? She noticed the look of unease and concern in the two sets of eyes that regarded her and decided she should try to put them at their ease. ?Don?t worry,? Rela quipped brightly, patting Hrruggla?s arm in a friendly manner, ?she doesn?t bite.? Rela?s smile dimmed a little and she looked at the floor as if in deep thought. ?Well...no, actually that?s not quite true,? she continued cheerfully as if she were discussing the weather, ?she does bite...but just not friends.?

Rela beamed happily at the small group for a long moment until finally Obi Wan coughed loudly as he tried to stifle a laugh at the young woman?s impertinence. Obi Wan glanced quickly at Qui Gon and was surprised to see the Jedi Master?s eyes twinkling with suppressed mirth.

?Who?s making all the noise?? a sleepy voice sounded from one of the beds, all six visitors turned around to find themselves being regarded by a set of emerald green, black slitted eyes.

?Well, hello cat boy,? Rela called softly as she walked towards the young Jedi, ?so you decided to re-join us, hmmm? How?re you feeling??

?I?ve been better,? Kason replied with a wry grimace as he tried to sit up so he could see everyone from a more comfortable position.

Obi Wan stepped forward and hastily put his arm behind the younger Jedi to ease him into a sitting position while Rela plumped extra pillows on the bed to help support him.

Kason eased back into the oversized pile of cushions behind him with an obvious sigh of relief. ?Thanks,? he said in his soft voice, ?that?s much better. I don?t seem to have much strength at the moment.?

?That will not last long young padawan,? Qui Gon said comfortingly, ?I can sense that you are on the road to recovery already, have patience and soon you will be good as new. Soon you will be back among those at the Jedi Temple and continuing your education of the Force.?

A brief flicker of inner pain flashed across the young man?s face and Qui Gon silently

15. mouse2

Oct 29, 1999
    That was COOOOOOLLLLL!!!! Keep it up Gryph. I'm going to be so sad when it's over. Can't wait for the next post!

16. HealerLeona

Jan 18, 2000
    Definitely agree with your sis, happiness at the post but saddness as we near the end of such a fine story.

17. Jane Jinn

Jane Jinn Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 12, 2000
    A thief and a swindler, but generally a pretty decent guy? Tell us more, Rela!

Good post, Gryph! Hope the story's not over too awfully quickly!

18. Jedi Gryph Grin

Sep 25, 1999
    Just sending this back up so it doesn't slide off the back side of page 5. New post is almost ready.

19. mouse2

Oct 29, 1999
    POST GRYPH POST!!!!!

20. HealerLeona

Jan 18, 2000
    [QUIOTE]5-07-2000 04:12 PM
    New post is almost ready.[/QUOTE]

Not that I'm anxious to see the end, I'd just like to read more.

21. Kit'

Kit' Manager Emeritus & Kessel Run Champion! star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Winner

Oct 30, 1999
    MOre! Or I'll find tht stupid hamster dance and threaten you with it!!!!!!!!

Kithera

22. mouse2

Oct 29, 1999
    I know you have a post ready, Gryph! I'm just going to have to find that hampster dance Kit' was talking about!

Here it is: http://www.thehampsterdance.comwww.thehampsterdance.com
    POST!!!!!!

23. Jedi Gryph Grin

Sep 25, 1999
    Heeeelllllloooo page 7! Sorry it took so long to get this post up, I had it ready last night but the forums were locked up tight. Many thanks to you folks for sticking around.

Welcome back Kit' I was wondering where you were lately.

Ok, enough talk. Here's some more, I hope you like it.

The passage of a mere two days time found Kason physically strong enough to leave the Med Center permanently and partially resume normal activities, as long as they didn?t tax his strength too severely. Qui Gon was secretly concerned about the young man?s emotional recovery, and was reminded of that every time he looked into the boy?s lackluster green, feline eyes. Kason?s face and body were still gaunt and paler than normal, but that was sure to improve in time; for some reason the absence of vitality in his eyes troubled the Jedi Master greatly.

During waking hours Kason divided his time between his fellow Jedi in their silent observation of the newly formed Congress ? and Rela, who accompanied him on long walks through the City Gardens, sometimes talking...sometimes listening...sometimes they just walked in silence, each content to allow the other to dwell on private thoughts.

After years of observing the seemingly endless debate and frustrating rhetoric of the Republic Senate, all three Jedi were somewhat amazed at the direct efficiency of the new Congress of Osiris. In less than a week they had decided upon the checks and balances that would be incorporated into the budding Government so that one part would never be able to overpower another. Qui Gon was quite sure that the presence of the imminently capable Countess Neila played an important part in the efficiency of the Ruling Body.

After the break for mid-day meals was concluded, the Congress again convened to continue its development of the new planetary government. The Jedi Master and two Padawans moved to an unobtrusive distance from the throng of delegates and sat on benches far enough away so as not to intrude, but close enough to hear what was going on.

Obi Wan and Kason muttered to each other in scarcely concealed surprise when they saw Rela enter the still-open doors of the chamber and began wandering in their general direction.

?I thought politics bored you to tears,? Obi Wan said quietly to Rela as she arrived and deftly wiggled herself between him and his Master to sit on the long wooden bench.

?Something tells me that today may be a little different,? she replied as she squirmed a bit, trying to get a little more comfortable, ?I just thought I?d take a look around.? Her brown eyes twinkled as she took in the surrounding chamber and the assembled dignitaries, making tiny monosyllabic noises when she spotted something or someone interesting.

Qui Gon continued to stare down at her, one eyebrow raised questioningly above his sea blue eyes, but he decided to say nothing for the meantime.

His other eyebrow rose to match the first when he noticed the form of Vicetta Mermil come walking, however unsteadily, into the Congressional meeting place.

?Hold on to your robes, boys.? Rela?s half whisper was barely audible, but the three Jedi heard it plain and clear. Obi Wan and Kason turned to her for clarification, but she just stared forward intent on the proceedings ? as did Qui Gon.

?My dear Vicetta,? Neila?s contralto voice sounded clearly throughout the Congressional Chamber, ?you should be resting ? do you not trust us to inform you of anything important to your holding?? An irritated and slightly suspicious gleam shone in the Countess? eyes.

?On the contrary beautiful Lady,? Mermil replied as he plopped down unceremoniously in an empty seat near the assembly, ?it is I who wish to give you important information.? It was obvious that he was still not fully recovered, his face was too pale and perspiration dappled his forehead even though it was quite cool in the chamber, but his gaze was sharp and his voice did not waver in the least when he spoke. Several more of the Congress members turned in their seats to look at Vicetta Mermil an

24. Kit'

Kit' Manager Emeritus & Kessel Run Champion! star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Winner

Oct 30, 1999
    WoW~ Gryph! I went into lurker mode for about a month, but that doens't mean I didn't stop reading or enjoying for htat matter.

Anyway, I thought you said we were going to see Kithera soon?

Kit

25. JediKnight-Obi-Wan

JediKnight-Obi-Wan Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 13, 2000
    Yeah, it's not that I LIKE to lurk. It's that I HAVE to lurk. LOL But I'll squeeze out some time to post and say........GREAT STORY

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.