main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Divided we fall. A sorta JA fanfic.

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Jedi Gryph Grin, Jan 13, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HealerLeona

HealerLeona Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 18, 2000
    Finally! Exciting as always I see.

2. Alli-Wan

Alli-Wan Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 21, 1999
    Alli-Wan was lurking again. (Bad Alli-Wan!)

Excellent work as per usual. Poor Kason and Mermil. They need a vacation. --AWK

3. mouse2

mouse2 Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 29, 1999
    That was soo cooooolllllll!!!!!!

I can't wait to see what Rela does to help her friend. Post more!!!!!!

4. Jedi Gryph Grin

Jedi Gryph Grin Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 25, 1999
    Oh, wow, thanks for all the comments everyone, they really mean a lot! Here's some more. (Don't fret Kit', Kithera's gonna show up very soon.)

During the decades of Lemur?s iron fisted rule on Osiris, thousands of people had been exiled for whatever reason, be it real or imagined. Many of those forced to leave the City had taken their families with them, unwilling to be separated from their loved ones at any cost. As the seasons turned and the years drifted slowly past, those families grew and many joined together to form small communities all over the planet. While the thousands of people grew to even greater numbers, their means of survival were crude since they no longer possessed the technology that was taken for granted when they lived within the City. Though the lives they lived were primitive, the exiles did not revert to a barbaric state, instead they carefully preserved the knowledge of City life, waiting for the day that Lemur ruled no longer and they could finally go home.

One day there came a call...a call unlike any heard in the eons old history of the planet called Osiris by its current inhabitants. Spiraling out from the Capital City at its center, the call traveled slowly...it traveled at the pace of wandering traders and free spirited explorers. From community, to village, to small single-family cotholds the call made it?s way ? slowly gaining momentum. It would take years for the call to wend it?s way around the entire globe, but it would happen...eventually. In each subsequent exile community that the call reached, it?s effects were the same: people would stop what they were doing - they left their fields in the middle of cultivation, they left their laundry drying on the banks of creeks and rivers, they stopped in the middle of their bartering in the marketplaces. They returned to their homes and calmly began packing their belongings and readying their children for traveling. The call had come...and continued on its way to more distant areas.

Lemur is no more...it?s time to go home.

Even though there were no more ships landing on the city?s tarmac from Llakret, not all ships had been able to reach the landing coordinates and had landed or crashed elsewhere on the surface of the humid jungle planet. Survivors of those ships struggled through the depths of the unfamiliar jungle terrain and eventually, if they were lucky, made their way to the surrounding environs of the Capital City.

Tired, dirty, and many injured - people began making their way out of the jungles and approaching the Capital City. Both natives and crash survivors began streaming into the City, and more were still arriving in groups of varying size. It was expected by the Congress and others that this would continue for some time.

The streets and avenues of the Capital City were crowded to capacity, travel time was no longer measured in minutes but in hours. Medical Centers and free Hostels were crammed full to the bursting point. Hostel rooms meant to accommodate four guests at a time now played temporary home to as many as fifteen to twenty people. The Medical Centers found themselves in the same predicament as the limited number of beds quickly ran out, patients now slept on chairs, couches, and in many instances slept on the cold hard tiles of the floor.

Because of the dangerously crowded condition within the Medical Center, it was quite some time before Mermil?s condition could be addressed.

Several hours after Mermil?s re-admittance to the Med Center, Jonn-Vek entered the facility?s foyer and made his way through the crush of waiting beings to meet with a very nervous Rela and a Stoic Qui Gon Jinn. The moment their eyes met the technician?s they knew that the prognosis for the Vicetta was not good.

?So how bad is he?? Rela asked, her voice calm and even. Qui Gon stood next to her, silent and motionless.

Jonn-Vek cleared his throat self-consciously and paused a moment to look at the clipboard he carried in his right hand. ?His condition is much more serious than I?d originally surmised,?

5. HealerLeona

HealerLeona Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 18, 2000
    Ya, know Jedi Gryph Grin, thinking about all thoseople streaming into the city I keep hoping that maybe Master Charsa...
    never mind. It's only wishful thinking.

6. Jane Jinn

Jane Jinn Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 12, 2000
    Fascinating! Rela to the rescue, as usual!

7. mouse2

Oct 29, 1999
    I feel the same way H.L..

Poo Doo! I just realized that I won't be able to read your post tomorrow. Well maybe tomorrow night. I going out of town for a week. Although the friends that we are visiting do have a computer. Maybe I an sneak on. Here's hoping!

8. Jedi Gryph Grin

Sep 25, 1999
    Yoooohooooo! Why are none of the posts showing up?!?!

9. mouse2

Oct 29, 1999
    Here posty posty posty!

Hey it worked on mine.

10. Jedi Gryph Grin

Sep 25, 1999
  11. Kit'

Kit' Manager Emeritus & Kessel Run Champion! star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Winner

Oct 30, 1999
    I know that there is a post here somewhere!

Kithera

12. Jedi Gryph Grin

Sep 25, 1999
    Ok folks, let's hope this works, and actually shows up on the thread. I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

Obi Wan had been one of the first to volunteer his services in helping some of the less seriously injured refugees relocate to Countess Neila?s estate where they could recover from their wounds and exhaustion in a relatively comfortable atmosphere.

He was assigned to assist an elderly Med Tech by the name of Trista whose quick, decisive movement and acerbic wit belied her fragile seeming exterior. Obi Wan was astonished at Trista?s medical knowledge and had already learned much from her in the short time they had worked together. They only had a few more patients to check on during their rounds of the west wing of Neila?s estate, checking to make sure that the people who had been moved here had suffered no ill effects during their relocation. So far, everyone they had checked on seemed to be doing quite well, many of them were heartily relieved to be in these calm, restful accommodations after having to endure the over-crowded chaos of the Medical Center.

?I never thought I would live to see such interesting times,? Trista said brightly to Obi Wan as they walked side by side down the hallway to the room of the next patient on her list, ?I wouldn?t miss it for the world though. This sort of thing is exactly why I studied healing in the beginning, would have been nice if it had happened when I was a bit younger though.?

?You mean you actually enjoy this sort of thing?? Obi Wan replied in a puzzled voice, ?Not to sound disrespectful, but there is a lot of pain and suffering going on around us...?

?You misunderstand my meaning young Obi,? Trista interrupted him in mid sentence, ?it is not the pain of others that I crave...it is the fact that I am able to help those that are less fortunate than I. I have studied all my life to gain the knowledge I have, and for me to be able to use that knowledge to help ease a person?s pain is a reward that I cannot put into words. To wish that no one would ever be hurt or injured is not realistic, so I do the next best thing...which is to be prepared for when someone needs my help.?

The young Jedi resisted the urge to remind her, again that his name was not Obi, but Obi-Wan, since he figured another reminder would find as little success as the last hundred times he had mentioned it. ?I understand now,? he replied instead, ?we have a similar code within the Jedi Order. We seek knowledge and strength so we can help those who are unable to help themselves.?

?That?s it my lad, that?s it exactly,? the willowy, gray haired female thumped him on the back enthusiastically in agreement, ?I couldn?t have said it better myself. To tell the truth Obi, I was a bit concerned when I heard I was going to be saddled with a helper as young as you are, but you?ve proven yourself to be an excellent assistant as well as a quick learner.?

?Thank you for the compliment,? Obi Wan said dryly, then his voice softened with sincerity, ?and thank you for allowing me to learn from you, I have gained much from this experience.?

?Humph,? Trista grunted and bent her gaze to the clipboard she carried, her face coloring slightly with embarrassment at his last statement, ?now then, the next patient on the list is a bit of a different case than the others we?ve seen. Some kind of mental aberration has only recently been broken, like someone has spent years living in a fantasy world and then violently thrust into reality. I haven?t met this patient before, so be on your toes Obi, there?s no telling what is going on in this person?s mind.?

Trista keyed in the opening sequence on the locking mechanism embedded in the wall and the door hissed quietly open.

A shadowed figure sat on the bed placed in the middle of the darkened room, it?s arms were draped gracefully around knees that were pulled up to it?s chest. For a few tense moments the figure did not move, then the head raised from where it rested on the bent knees and a face turned towards the doorway where Trista and Obi Wan waited. The light

13. Jedi Gryph Grin

Sep 25, 1999
    Why won't any new posts show up!!!! I think I'm losing my already tenuous grip on sanity!!

14. Jessica Kenobi

Jessica Kenobi Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 6, 2000
    Hello! I just discovered this story and I'm already sad to see that it will be ending soon.It is very well written! I also share the foolish hope that Charsa will come back and Kason will be happy again!*sob* Post more sonn!

15. Jedi Gryph Grin

Sep 25, 1999
    Ok, one more try. SOMETHING SHOW UP!!

16. Jean

Jean Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 7, 2003
    Upping for the move

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.