main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Divided we fall. A sorta JA fanfic.

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Jedi Gryph Grin, Jan 13, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mouse2

mouse2 Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 29, 1999
    Post Gryph Post!

Don't let this die. Keep up the good work and continue posting!

2. Jane Jinn

Jane Jinn Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 12, 2000
    That clue that Obi-Wan is carrying--it's his Padawan braid, right? Now hurry up and post so that I can see if I'm correct.

3. Jedi Gryph Grin

Jedi Gryph Grin Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 25, 1999
    Hi there, and thanks for the encouragement. Jane, you'll just have to wait like everyone else.

Kason followed in his master?s footsteps as they made their way through the dimly lit landing cavern, surrounded by the eerily silent hulking shapes of assorted models of spacecraft. Both Jedi peered into the lurking shadows on either side of them as they walked, searching for any sign of movement other than their own.

All of Charsa?s senses were on full alert, she reached out to the comforting ebb and flow of the force to quell her rising uneasiness. This is just so weird, came an unbidden thought.

She reached out to her pupil through their bond, could feel his eyes scanning the area around them for any clue that might explain the absence of other beings, or even droids.
    Underlying his alertness, she could also sense his chagrin about his behavior on the landing ramp of their transport.

What could have possessed him to act in such a fashion, she mused to herself, I?ve never witnessed him doing something so rash and...and...Childlike during a mission before, we could both end up in a lot of trouble if he pulls something like that again. She could tell that he regretted the way he acted, but she would have to talk to him about it in order to find out the ?why? of his behavior. Charsa allowed a tiny corner of her mind to lapse back in time, seeking any clues as to what may have spurred the padawan?s outburst. In retrospect, her senses told her, Kason seemed to be acting somewhat oddly ever since the beginning of their space flight here?but again, why? Could it be the length of the flight? Charsa quickly discarded that hypothesis almost immediately; they had been on far longer assignments together with no adverse effects. Could Kason have a problem with Obi Wan? Surely not, both boys got along well together, and even competed as a team from time to time in training exercises held at the Temple. What about Qui Gon? Humph, I doubt...well, wait a minute. Qui Gon can be quite an imposing figure to those who don?t have much contact with him, and Kason had virtually no contact with him aside from the occasional greeting now and then. Could it be that he felt inhibited by Qui Gon?s stoic demeanor, and was just blowing off steam when the first opportunity presented itself? Yes, that must be it! Just as Kason said, he needed to work out some ?kinks?. Charsa made a mental note to discuss this further with her student in more detail in order to discover if that was, indeed, the case. She had no doubt that Kason would learn from what had happened since not only was his ego bruised by the incident...but his backside as well.

Kason?s nerves were raw by the time the debarkation entrance came into view. He had to keep reminding himself to use the Force to calm himself and warn him of danger. All would go well for a while, and then his mind would start replaying the scene on the landing platform. Stupid, stupid, stupid, he berated himself, Charsa is going to grill me alive for that slip up. And the worst part about the whole mess is that I deserve every bit of grilling I get!

As the pair approached the debarkation concourse portal, they saw the hatch spiral open silently. There were no lights activated in the chamber, giving it a chilling, uninviting look.

Charsa turned slightly to face Kason, ?Me first,? she mouthed silently. At his quick nod of acknowledgement she turned back and stepped through the circular opening.

As soon as her body weight fell fully upon the floor panel of the darkened chamber, lights covering the ceiling activated and bathed the room in frosty, unpleasant fluorescent illumination. With the activation of the lights, a protocol droid whirred to life behind a metal block. ?The registration desk, I presume,? stated Charsa as she motioned for Kason to join her.

?That would be correct, Madame,? whined the protocol droid in it?s metallic, almost nasal voice, ?Please state your name, business here, and then place your hand on the scanner for identification purposes.?

4. mouse2

Oct 29, 1999
    upity up up upity up!

5. mouse2

Oct 29, 1999
    upity up up upity up!

6. Kit'

Kit' Manager Emeritus & Kessel Run Champion! star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Winner

Oct 30, 1999
    UPPPPPPPPPPPPPP!!!!!! Rise little thread

7. mouse2

Oct 29, 1999
    POST Gryph POST!

8. HealerLeona

HealerLeona Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 18, 2000
    Hoped to find more. Shoulders droop, walks away slowly.

9. Jedi Gryph Grin

Sep 25, 1999
    Hi there, thanks again for the posts. Sorry Healerleona, I hope this makes up for my delay.

Kason hugged Charsa tightly to himself as they plummeted through the darkness. He knew in his heart that he must protect her at all costs, she is the only family that I have ever known.

falling

He tried to draw on the power of the force...and could not. He was too distracted by the jumble of thoughts racing around in his mind and his conscious thoughts were nothing short of chaotic. What if what I do is wrong? His mind screamed at him, what if what I don?t do is right? Once again he tried to touch the force bond that tied him to his master, for just a split second he felt a glimmer of strength, then chaos erupted in his mind and he lost the connection.

falling

Unlike her padawan, Charsa herself was deeply immersed in the Force. She could sense Kason?s struggle trying to stave off the effects of nearly overwhelming fear and panic, but she didn?t dare take her concentration from her current task in order to help him find peace and calm. Her mind was centered on her manipulation of the force channeling through her body and psyche, it was only through her efforts that the two of them had not yet careened out of control and smashed into the walls that surrounded them.

falling

The shrieking wind of their passage through the tube caused the tendrils of Charsa?s silvery mane of hair to whip wildly, even frantically around and, unseen in the dark, stinging both of their faces repeatedly with its wild uncontrolled lashing.

falling

Charsa had no idea where the ultimate destination of this gut wrenching journey lay, but she fervently hoped that their passage would slow significantly before their arrival there. Otherwise...she didn?t want to think about otherwise. Her bond within the Force offered a glimpse that she instinctively interpreted as a bottom to this seemingly endless fall. All would be revealed in time.

falling

?You know...this can?t continue much longer,? Charsa yelled over the sound of rushing air, ?if we keep on at this rate, we?ll just pop out of the other side of the moon!? Hmmm, she thought to herself, perhaps that wasn?t the best thing to be said, considering our current circumstances.

falling

?Great!? Kason hollered back sarcastically, ?that makes me feel ever so much better. You sure know how to cheer a person up.? He rolled his eyes dramatically, a gesture that went totally unappreciated in the pitch dark.

falling

Before Charsa could respond, both Jedi noticed a slight change in the sound of the howling of the wind. It was no longer so loud and piercing that it hurt their ears. The sound continued to fade, a little at a time, until it more resembled a murmur to their strained hearing.

The trappings of their ship suits, as well as Charsa?s hair no longer whipped around frantically, lashing about in the tempest. Master and student had to assume that their descent had slowed, but they were unable to verify that due to the total absence of any light around them.

The assumed deceleration worked wonders on Kason?s nerves and frame of mind. He was no longer mind locked in panic. He was no longer afraid that his heart was going to hammer itself out of his chest with its panicked pounding. Gradually, his pulse slowed in its race and began to return to normal.

As Kason regained his composure and Charsa slowly extricated herself from her commune with the force and brought her awareness back to their physical surroundings, a faint glow of illumination flickered into life below them. They both looked around and could see stained, jointed walls of the tunnel slowly moving past them as they drifted downward, almost as if they were standing on an invisible platform. As they cautiously peered past their dangling feet, it was obvious that they would be standing on a firm surface very soon. Below them was a circular area marked very much like a shuttle bay landing pad.

The Jedi touched down on the spongy surface gently and gazed around warily, stains and unidentifiable matter on the pad a

10. Jedi Obi-Wan Kenobi

Jedi Obi-Wan Kenobi Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 14, 1999
    "A sorta JA fanfic". I must be patient.

I really like this. Can't wait for more, and not just because I'm an Obi-Wan junkie

11. Kit'

Kit' Manager Emeritus & Kessel Run Champion! star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Winner

Oct 30, 1999
    Ah the JOWK is lurking!!!!!

Go Gryph!!!!!!!! I like this fan fic!!

12. Jane Jinn

Jan 12, 2000
    This is getting good, very good. But now it's time for some more Obi-Wan.

13. mouse2

Oct 29, 1999
    Sweet! Post more.

[This message has been edited by mouse2 (edited 01-27-2000).]

14. HealerLeona

HealerLeona Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 18, 2000
    That was great! Feed my addiction-post! post! post!

15. Jedi Gryph Grin

Sep 25, 1999
    Ok all you Obi freaks. Here's just a tiny snippet to tide you over. Hopefully I'll have a much much longer post tomorrow night. Thanks to all for your comments and support.

Even thought they had finally stopped walking for a bit, Obi Wan was far from pleased at the moment. Sweat ran down his body in rivulets underneath the soggy jumpsuit he wore, the built up moisture made the suit very uncomfortable. At least the ravenous biting insects were gone since in a fit of desperation earlier; Obi Wan had used the force to send the aggravating swarms arrowing into the forest in search of other food.

Obi Wan stood next to his master on a high bluff overlooking the only major city on the entire surface of Osiris. It was fairly large as cities went. Not anywhere near the scope of Coruscant?s grandeur, thought the young man, but still of a respectable size.

As his piercing blue eyes scanned the cityscape, he was somewhat surprised to see hardly any air traffic moving among the many towers and spires that jutted upward toward the azure sky.

?Come along padawan,? Qui Gon said as he started to make his way down the steep incline leading towards the city, ?just a little bit farther.?

Obi Wan rolled his eyes in exasperation as he wordlessly complied.

16. Kit'

Oct 30, 1999
    WOOOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOO OBI_WAN~~~

See ya
    Kithera

17. Jedi Gryph Grin

Sep 25, 1999
    Okey Dokey, here we go.

?Couldn?t we have landed a little bit closer to the city, Master?? Obi Wan asked.

?I?m afraid not,? came Qui Gon?s reply, ?if any of the scanning equipment these people posses had detected a ship unlike one of their own landing and taking off, there would be a major furor among the populace. Remember, these people don?t like off-worlders.?

Walking downhill puts more stress on one?s legs than walking uphill, Obi Wan reminded himself as his thighs and calves again protested the abuse he was subjecting them to. At least it?s not nearly as humid now.

As if hearing Obi Wan?s commentary to himself, Qui Gon stopped and turned to face his apprentice. ?This is more tiring than walking through the jungle, walking sticks will help ease some of the strain,? he said, ?I?d rather not arrive at the city gates exhausted, so keep an eye out for fallen branches that would be suitable.?

In a short time, both Jedi were sporting relatively straight staffs that were roughly equivalent in height to their bearer.

?Oddly enough,? Obi Wan remarked to his master after a short time, ?these do seem to help, I can already tell a difference.?

?Many hill and cliff dwelling civilizations use them,? answered Qui Gon in the lecturing voice that Obi Wan had come to appreciate over the years, ?I knew a Jedi Knight once who even valued her walking stick above her lightsaber. Though her walking stick didn?t help her save her own life as her lightsaber would have.?

Obi Wan and his master were roughly halfway down the face of the high cliff, following the zig zagging cutbacks of the trail that led gradually downward. As they gradually made their way down the brush lined path to the level of the city; Obi Wan inspected the occasionally visible wall that surrounded it. Is that to keep the wildlife out, he wondered, or the population in?

Yellow eyes peered out of the cover of dense foliage at its prey. Hunger was all it felt. It had been many darks since it had fed last. Saliva gathered at the corner of its mouth and dripped to the rocky ground in anticipation of its next meal. Patience, instinct spoke within its mind, patience. A pink tongue darted out of its mouth between needle-like teeth. It gathered its rear haunches beneath it, preparing to spring upon its intended target.

Qui Gon and Obi Wan rounded another switchback turn and startled a flock of scarlet and blue striped avians into flight, the distressed squawking and thunderous beating of feathered wings filling the air. Both Jedi instantly dropped their staffs and snapped their arms protectively in front of them, also startled by the sudden flurry of explosive movement and sound. It quickly became obvious that the avians were interested only in escape as the flock leapt into the air and soared in triangle formation away from the cliff face and circled to land again, far away in the distance.

Yellow eyes widened. Surprise...disbelief...anger, it felt, hunger...anger...rage! The yellow eyes narrowed to mere slits...revenge!

Obi Wan stooped to retrieve his fallen walking stick at the same time as his master. As his hand touched the bark covered branch he peripherally saw Qui Gon whirl around and assume a fighting stance. Wha...?

A guttural roar echoed off the neighboring cliff faces as a green furred creature erupted from the dense foliage only a few meters away from Obi Wan. The four legged creature landed on the trail elegantly and glared at the young Jedi with animal hatred. It gathered it?s haunches beneath itself and leapt again straight at him, it?s fang filled mouth open, and razor sharp foreclaws extended for the kill.

Obi Wan dropped his staff and grabbed for the hilt of his lightsaber, his hand closed around the cylinder of his Jedi weapon and...It?s stuck!!! From all of the walking and movement of his body, the coarse cloth of his sweat dampened jumpsuit pocket had twisted and folded around the hilt and held it securely enough that it would take some time to free it, time that Obi Wan did not have.

He backpedaled, trying

18. Wizards

Wizards Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 18, 1999
    GREAT!!!!! Now post more......

19. Kit'

Oct 30, 1999
    NOOOOOOO it was Dmara after a few months in the jungle!! Now the puzzle will never be solved!!!

Kithera

20. Jedi Gryph Grin

Sep 25, 1999
    Thanks for the comments. There should be more up soon.

21. Jane Jinn

Jan 12, 2000
    That was great! I like the way Obi-Wan ran backwards into Qui-Gon. Now hurry up and save him from the poison!

22. Jedi Gryph Grin

Sep 25, 1999
    Hey Kit', I used your name in this post, let me know if you want me to remove it.

After another three switchbacks in the trail, Qui Gon had to struggle to keep his strides gentle so as not to jar his padawan?s injuries. His long hair was matted with moisture and sweat trickled down his forehead, occasionally blinding him as it seeped into his eyes. But the steady drip of blood from his padawan?s injuries that slowly soaked his arms gave him a reason and strength to continue.

He used the force to monitor Obi Wan?s condition, and he was not pleased with the results of his probing. The young man was failing fast. Already Obi Wan was twitching in his arms as his body?s natural defenses were fighting the poison as it worked its way deeper and deeper into his body.

A faint breeze blew across the cliff, making the surrounding foliage sway back and forth, as well as cooling Qui Gon for a few moments. He looked towards the seeming end of the path that marked yet another switchback, and noticed another side trail. The force whispered in his mind as if it were an echo of the cooling breeze that had so suddenly come upon him.

Sunlight glinted on something metallic within the side trail and Qui Gon narrowed his eyes in order to shut out any distractions and focused on that metallic gleam. His connection to the force allowed him to augment his vision to a higher state, and he realized that there was a person standing at the juncture of the pathways, just inside the concealing protection of the shadows cast by the scraggily trees.

The force murmured to him in encouragement. He immediately knew that the figure was not a foe, not exactly a friend either, he noted; but there would be no need for battle. Holding his padawan in his arms, Qui Gon walked closer and closer to the shadowy figure at the junction of the paths, as he drew near he realized that the shadows were cast by the trees, and the figure was wrapped in a light cloak of emerald green.

?I?ve been waiting for you,? came a calm female voice from within a cowled hood, ?follow me.? She whirled, her cloak swirling diaphanously around her, and started walking deeper into the overhanging boughs of the surrounding trees. Her tone of voice indicated that there was to be no argument. Qui Gon followed uneasily, his senses alert for any trouble or deception that this stranger might cause. I?ll take whatever help I can get, he thought, It?s not likely I can drop Obi Wan and fight.

In a surprisingly short amount of time they came to a relatively flat outcropping on the cliff face, there were a number of cave entrances that were easily accessible from where they were standing. The green clad figure turned to face Qui Gon and pointed at a small cave to his right, ?Go there and place your friend on the bed closest to the entrance, cover him well against the chill of night.?

Qui Gon was out of ideas to help his padawan, so he quickly complied. He entered the cave and found it surprisingly neat and clean. A number of sleeping cots were lined up against both walls of the cave, all of them covered in clean, neatly made up sheets and blankets. After a bit of twisting and turning, he laid Obi Wan belly down on the cot so the wounds on his back would not be aggravated, and covered him with a light sheet.

Qui Gon straightened from his crouch, turned, and almost jumped out of his skin in surprise as he bumped into the woman in the green cloak who was standing directly behind him.

She offered a brief chuckle as her hands moved to the edges of the cowl that kept her face in its shadows. ?Your friend is lucky,? she said in a musical, lilting voice, ?most people who tangle with a dzur don?t survive past the initial strike. Nasty buggers they are.?

?Can you help him?? Qui Gon asked, ?we are new to this area, and I?m uneducated about most of the local predators.?

?I?d have to agree that you are new to this area...Jedi,? the young woman said calmly.

Qui Gon was dumbstruck, ?How did you....?

The young woman freed her flowing red hair from the concealing cowl of her

23. Jedi Obi-Wan Kenobi

Jedi Obi-Wan Kenobi Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 14, 1999
    Cool. Obi-Wan got injured!

24. Jane Jinn

Jan 12, 2000
    Awww, do you have to heal Obi-Wan so fast? Let him suffer a bit!

25. mouse2

Oct 29, 1999
    Jane Jinn, he's not healed yet.

hehehe!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.