Divided we fall. A sorta JA fanfic.

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Jedi Gryph Grin, Jan 13, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Anrev Jedi Padawan

It is on The Force.Net Theater http://www.theforce.net/theaterwww.theforce.net/theater
  2. Neeja Halycon Jedi Knight

star 1
    Try http://www.theforce.net/troops/ http://www.theforce.net/troops/ as well.
  3. howlrunner22 Moderator Emeritus

star 5
    And I suggets you download it ASAP. Its worth it.
  4. Jedi Gryph Grin Jedi Master

star 4
    Thanks for the input ya'll. I hope you like this part. *whispers to Jane Jinn, "time to switch to decaf dearie."*

Obi Wan stared out into the darkness of the night, keeping his mind tightly shielded and cocooned himself in a mental image of slumber in case Kithera sought to probe his thoughts in order to check on her handiwork. With nothing to focus his eyes on except the inky blackness before him, every second seemed as if it were an eternity. He dared not try to contact his master through their bond since the healer may very well sense that oh-so-slight surge in the force surrounding them.

The night dragged on inexorably, he could hear nothing except the night breezes sighing through the surrounding trees and the rhythmic breathing of Qui Gon and Kithera as they slept. With his lack of movement and the relaxing sounds around him, his eyelids became heavy with fatigue more than once. On the first occurrence he caught himself just before sliding into a doze and chomped down hard on the inside of his cheek, the pain of his self induced injury brought him to full wakefulness, but he realized his mistake as he had to risk waking the others when he had to move quickly to spit out the resulting trickle of blood.

As Obi Wan reclined again he discovered the method which he thought would keep him awake for the rest of the night. Whenever he felt his eyelids become heavy, if he slowly moved one of his shoulderblades just right, he could tear open a small bit of the, once again, rapidly healing injuries to his back. The searing pain of reopening his wounds quickly brought him to full awareness, though a few times he overdid it and had to bite back a shriek of pain.

Despite all of his efforts, he must have dozed for a short while, he opened his eyes and sensed the impending arrival of dawn, and it was not too far off now. Obi Wan felt his eyes grow heavy once again and brought himself to wakefulness by abusing his injuries once more. For now, pain is my best ally, he thought tiredly, at least until morning. She will try to dose me again before we continue, only this time I?ll have a surprise for her. Slowly, so as not to make any noise, he moved his hand beneath his Jedi robe for the comforting hilt of his lightsaber on his left hip...huh? Did I put it in one of my pockets?

His slow, deliberate search of the pockets within his robe became faster and more hurried, then frantic. Obi Wan sat bolt upright as he checked the last of the hidden pockets within his Jedi robe, he looked over the dying embers of their small campfire at the healer...

?Master!? he shouted, his voice echoing back mockingly from the nearby cliff face as he leapt to his feet.

Like lightning made mortal, Qui Gon was beside his padawan, lightsaber at the ready, and peering into the shadowy vegetation around them for danger. When nothing presented itself to his inspection, Qui Gon relaxed somewhat and turned to face his student.

?She?s gone, master,? Obi Wan said, pointing to the healer?s vacant bedroll, ?as well as my lightsaber.? He pulled his cloak aside to show the empty belt clip positioned just above his left hip.

Although her force ability was limited, it was more than enough to guide Kithera as she hurtled gracefully along the path to the city in the pre-dawn darkness. She had tried igniting the purloined lightsaber for illumination, but it dazzled her eyes rather than lit her path, so she had shut it off and relied solely on the force. Her mind trilled to itself as she effortlessly leapt over a burbling stream that bisected the path, her feet made contact with the opposite bank and she continued on her race through the whispering, shadow filled night.

?Oh, Leeemuuuur,? she crooned to the silent night in a singsong voice, ?too bad you weren?t a gooooood boooooy. Now the Witch of Dzur Mountain is coooooominnng to geeeeet youuuuuu!?

[This message has been edited by Jedi Gryph Grin (edited 03-17-2000).]
  5. Flip A Coin Jedi Knight

star 1
    Hey, Obi-Wan DID realize he was being drugged! Clever boy! Maybe he went through the D.A.R.E. program too, eh? Okay, maybe not.
    (I also have to cut down on my caffeine intake, it appears)
  6. Kit' Manager Emeritus

star 5
    Muhahahahahhhaaaa

COOOOOOOOLLLLLLLLLL

Kithera
  7. Jane Jinn Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Hmmm, Obi-Wan must have done more than just doze off a little, if he didn't sense that evil Kithera scrabbling at his belt for his light saber and then making tracks out of the camp. Why did she drug him in the first place if she was planning on leaving them both behind? Why not try drugging Qui-Gon, too, so that neither of them would notice, or nobody at all? I hope more answers are coming soon.

P.S. I don't drink coffee, decaf or any other kind, and if you think I'm giving up chocolate...
  8. mouse2 Jedi Master

star 4
    Ummm, people she had the lightsaber before. She took it from him when he was unconscious and that's why she kept him drugged.

Post more Gryph!
  9. Lost in Coruscant Jedi Knight

star 2
    I suggest you download it in the installments. All at once takes too long, unless you have GoZilla.
  10. Jedi Gryph Grin Jedi Master

star 4
    EEK! This was on page three! I'm working out some bugs, so I should have a post ready for tonight, or tomorrow morning at the latest.
  11. Bastet Jedi Master

star 4
    Yeeehaaah!! Okay, I'm ashamed to admit it, but I only just now discovered this story and have spent the last hour and a half reading it. And I love it very very much!
    So lets have some more!!
  12. Jane Jinn Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Sorry about appearing so stupid, Gryph. I naturally assumed that Qui-Gon would notice it was missing and make sure his apprentice got it back before they set out in the first place, as a light saber is an essential part of Jedi equipment, more so than boots or belts. Also, I thought Obi-Wan would eventually remember that he didn't have it to begin with. But carry on with the story, and never mind my ramblings.
  13. HealerLeona Jedi Master

star 4
    Jedi Gryph Grin eek.gif I must humbly apologize for losing track of this story. redface.gif
    But now that I've reestablished a connection may I ask a favor?
    Post soon.
  14. Jedi Gryph Grin Jedi Master

star 4
    Jane Jinn, not your fault, I just wasn't clear enough, thanks for staying with me on this story. And HealerLeona, here ya' go! Let me know what ya'll think.

Rela glanced over her shoulder as she and the two Jedi walked swiftly down the darkened corridor. The stranger behind them had neither gained nor lagged in distance, he was just far enough behind that his features were unidentifiable.

Force, she thought to herself, I don?t even know for sure if he is even following us. He may just be returning to his quarters after the evening meal. Still...better to be safe than sorry...or dead.

?Charsa,? Rela hissed to the silver maned Jedi ahead of her, ?can you sense anything from that guy back there??

?His mind is closed to us,? Kason said before his master could reply, ?all I get is a sense of purpose, no clue as to what that purpose might be.?

Charsa looked back and fixed her silvery gaze on the diminutive young woman behind her. ?Rela, what?s got you so worked up??

?Just a feeling,? Rela replied quickly, glancing behind her again, ?I may not have the force like you guys, but my trusty trouble bump is itching like crazy. It?s saved me more times than I care to count, and I know way better than to ignore it.?

Rela noted that they were quickly approaching the Jedi?s assigned quarters. ?Charsa, get your key card ready. We need to duck into your room as soon as we get there. If we?re lucky, our friend will just pass on by and we can leave as soon as he?s gone. If we?re not so lucky...?

?We?ll be trapped,? whispered Kason.

Scant seconds later, they arrived at the door to room 7476. Charsa quickly slid the key card through the reader slot and the door hissed open. All three piled in quickly and Rela turned on the external monitor as the door closed behind her.

Three sets of eyes regarded the monitor screen as the mysterious figure arrived at their door. He paused for a moment looking at the closed hatchway, spoke something into a commlink on his wrist, and then continued walking down the corridor.

Rela released her pent up breath explosively, ?Nyshadam!?

?Ummm, say again,? Kason asked, his feline eyes wide and shining with curiosity.

?Nyshadam,? Rela repeated as if talking to a toddler, ?he?s one of Jrakior?s hired thugs. I don?t think Mermil was counting on Jrakior knowing of your presence here.?

?You lost me there,? Charsa commented in her musical voice, ?since Jrakior is Mermil?s chief advisor, shouldn?t he be privy to whatever information the Vicetta has??

?Not in this case,? Rela replied blandly, ?Mermil keeps Jrakior on as chief advisor so he can keep an eye on him. Mermil and Jrakior have never been on the best of terms from what I gather, but recent events have deepened Mermil?s dislike of his advisor. We?ve just discovered that Lemur has gathered an invasion force on Osiris and plans to invade Llakret within the next few days so he can strip mine the moon for the minerals that are so abundant here. Lemur has promised Jrakior the title of Vicetta for his assistance in overthrowing Mermil?s reign.?

?Ok,? Charsa said, her silver eyes luminous in the subdued light, ?but what do you get out of this, not to mention, how did you end up here in the first place??

?Well,? Rela replied slowly, choosing her words carefully, ?I got here because I like to travel, and Llakret seemed to be an interesting place...maybe too interesting now that I think back on it.? She shrugged indifferently, ?and what I get out of it? Hmmm, not much, just personal satisfaction I guess. Mermil?s not too bad a guy, yeah, he drinks more than is probably good for him, and he is a bit overly fond of those odd mushrooms he imports. But, on the whole, he?s not that bad a person, he just hates his job. The only reason he hasn?t stepped down as Vicetta is his sense of duty, which from what I understand was the only positive trait that his late father possessed.?

?You are well informed,? Charsa said softly, ?what do you propose as our next course of action? We still don?t even know who sent the signal to the Jedi
  15. mouse2 Jedi Master

star 4
    That was way cool! I love it!

Now more more moe more!
  16. HealerLeona Jedi Master

star 4
    if I see something I've never seen before, I'll throw a rock at it.

I love it! Great post! Now I'm waiting for for more.
  17. Bastet Jedi Master

star 4
    Yes, I am very glad indeed that I found this story. It rocks!
    So lets have some more! Er, pretty please?
  18. Jedi Gryph Grin Jedi Master

star 4
    Hi everyone, here's a really short bit to keep you interested. Thanks for all the comments so far.

Qui Gon stared aghast at Obi Wan; his eyes wide with shock and his mouth hinging open and closed although no sound emerged.

The Jedi Master slowly regained his composure and finally managed a coherent sentence. ?So, she stole your lightsaber while you were sleeping,? Qui Gon almost snarled, ?I hope you had sweet dreams.?

Obi Wan recoiled in shock, it had been years since he had witnessed his master in this sort of emotional state. ?But master,? he stammered, caught off guard, ?it wasn?t like that at all. I?ve been trying to figure out a way to signal you since yesterday afternoon. I knew Kithera was up to something, but without knowing what, I thought it too dangerous to confront her without your foreknowledge.?

Qui Gon?s eyes narrowed to slits as he considered the words of his padawan. ?Open your mind to me,? he told Obi Wan, ? let us search your memories of the last few days, perhaps that will help shed some light on this situation.?

Obediently, Obi Wan opened his mind to their bond and felt his master?s consciousness join his own. He could sense Qui Gon?s startlement at the murky, directionless state of Obi Wan?s recent memories. Both were immediately aware that Obi Wan had been operating solely on instinct for the last few days with virtually no conscious thought on his own part. The only points of memory that stood out were the occasional times when the padawan?s memory cleared for a bit, then the image of Kithera sprang up with her familiar cup of herbs, and his memory again dulled into an unrecognizable stupor.

Qui Gon gently released his end of the mind bond and looked directly into his student?s ice blue eyes. ?My apologies for my behavior, Obi Wan,? the tall Jedi said softly, ?it never occurred to me that her potions were affecting you in such a way. Kithera may well have had your lightsaber the entire time. I didn?t think to make sure you had it with you, and you were in no condition to even think of checking on it.?

?I place no blame on you master,? Obi Wan replied in an equally quiet voice, ?if there is any blame to be placed, it belongs on the healer, for whatever reason she has done this.?

?Then I suggest we go find out the answer to that mystery,? Qui Gon said as he placed a large hand on his padawan?s shoulder, ?do you feel up to a run in the forest??

Obi Wan looked up at the slightly smiling face of his master. ?After you,? he said, returning the smile.

Both Jedi turned and ran down the trail leading to the main gates of Lemur?s city, both of them intent on finding the healer turned thief and getting Obi Wan?s lightsaber back, as well as getting some answers to some rather pointed questions.

19. Bastet Jedi Master

star 4
    Oh yay! There's more! I love this story!
  20. Flip A Coin Jedi Knight

star 1
    Okay, Kithera has poisoned Obi-Wan, stolen his lightsaber, and managed to outwit two Jedi. She better have an awfully good plan to stay out of trouble.....
  21. Kit' Manager Emeritus

star 5
    Hello Gryph.

Ahhhhhh, thanks for the story I've been lurking around everyuone's threads.

Kithera
  22. mouse2 Jedi Master

star 4
    C'mon Gryph give us post!
  23. Bastet Jedi Master

star 4
    Phooey, I thought Gryph had posted. So now I'll have to say it:
    Mooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooore!
  24. Jedi Gryph Grin Jedi Master

star 4
    Sorry it took so long to get this together. Hope you all like it.

Kason and Charsa stepped out of the turbolift almost on Rela?s heels into the gloomy hallway that was almost indistinguishable from the one they had vacated moments before.

?Not much further now,? Rela murmured over her shoulder, ?session is almost over, we?ll go wait for Mermil in a side chamber. We?ll just take the back way so no one sees us in the Great Cavern.?

Rela guided the two Jedi swiftly and unerringly through the numerous twists, turns, and branching that the corridor made. They finally arrived at what appeared to be a dead end in the hallway. Rela glanced behind them to make sure that they were not being observed, and when she was confident that they had not been followed, she reached out with her right hand and pressed it firmly against a small outcropping set to one side of the featureless granite wall. She was rewarded with a muffled click, and the granite door swung ponderously inward to reveal a fairly well lit chamber with a mechanical door set in the far wall. As soon as all three were within the room Rela turned and pushed the granite door in the opposite direction. The heavy stone slab again swung without the merest whisper of sound until it met with the edges of the opening with a muffled thud, a slight click sounded as the locking mechanism engaged.

?Wow,? whispered Kason to no one in particular, ?that thing must be perfectly counter weighted for that much stone to move so easily.? He stooped slightly, peering at the miniscule seam where the door itself joined the surrounding granite. ?And you can barely even see a crack here, I bet this took a lot of work.?

?Yes,? Rela replied, smiling slightly at the young Jedi, ?from what I understand, there are quite a few of those around if you know how and where to look. Mermil does love his secret passages; it almost seems like a game to him sometimes. It?s a wonder he remembers where all his hidey holes and concealed access panels are after all this time.?

?Speaking of Mermil,? Charsa spoke up, looking calmly at Rela, ?how long do you think we will have to wait before he joins us??

?Hmmmm,? Rela paused for a moment, ?With Mermil being Mermil, it?s hard to say for sure. But I don?t think we?ll have to wait too much longer, he?s a bit keyed up today, as I?m sure you can well imagine.?

Kason amused himself for the time being by inspecting the walls of the small enclosure for more concealed entryways or hidden panels, poking here and there among the nooks and crannies of the stone walls when he thought he might have found something. Charsa and Rela had seated themselves on two chairs in a corner of the room and talked softly of recent happenings within the republic and gossip from the outer rim. The three had become rather comfortable during their wait and all of them jumped in startlement when the mechanized door of the chamber whirred to life and hissed open to reveal the backlit form of the Vicetta of Llakret.

Mermil fairly bounded into the room of stone, grinning hugely and rubbing his hands together like a child in anticipation of getting a new toy. As the door whirred shut behind him he strode directly to Rela, who was in the process of extricating herself and her oversized cloak from the deeply padded chair she had been lounging in.

No... a voice whispered in the recesses of Kason?s mind.

?Ah, excellent job my girl,? Mermil boomed in an exuberant voice that was much too loud in the small room, ?excellent job, my thanks for delivering the Jedi here so quickly!? He reached out his hands to grab Rela?s shoulders in a comradely embrace, but succeeded only in knocking her back into her chair. ?Oops! Sorry about that,? he said in his too loud voice as he turned his attention to Charsa, who had remained seated. ?My Lady Jedi, how kind of you to visit my poor colony, your presence here is much appreciated,? he almost purred as he offered his right hand in greeting, ?thank you so much for offering your assistance.?

No... Kason?s green feline eyes wide
  25. Kit' Manager Emeritus

star 5
    Oooo Ooo edge of seat...edge of seat..falling off.....bump Ouch!

More I demand it.

Kithera
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.