main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Divided we fall. A sorta JA fanfic.

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Jedi Gryph Grin, Jan 13, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mouse2

mouse2 Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 29, 1999
    Well since Kit' didn't say it I will!

COOOOOOOOLLLLLLL!!!!!!!

cool.gif

2. HealerLeona

HealerLeona Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 18, 2000
    Jedi Gryph Grin-quite an exciting post. I hope the next one comes sson.

3. Jedi Gryph Grin

Jedi Gryph Grin Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 25, 1999
    I swear on a stack of lightsabers that I had a post written and ready to go during my lunch break today. I just now realized that I completely forgot to e-mail it from my laptop at work to my machine at home. My boss had me so cheesed off this afternoon I must have forgotten. May the clouds of a thousand wookie's flatulence follow that schmuck for the rest of his days.

I promise I'll post the almost end of this story late friday night. My apologies for the delay.

4. Alli-Wan

Alli-Wan Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 21, 1999
    Having had to deal with annoying bosses, your rather imaginative wishes for your's makes up for a late post. Awaiting more, but laughing patiently. --AWK

5. Jedi Gryph Grin

Sep 25, 1999
    Thanks Alli Wan. Sorry for the delay folks, better late than never, here ya' go, let me know what you think.

Two sets of eyes peered intently from the concealing cover of leafy undergrowth at the edge of the forest. Before them was an obviously recently constructed tarmac in front of the main entrance to Lemur?s city on Osiris, and perched there were roughly 30 scout ships of medium size.

The tarmac was a hive of activity with workers, pilots, and other personnel dashing back and forth here and there. Some going from ship to ship and others, presumably messengers, passing in and out of the city gates over and over again. Obviously low-grade droids moved about the landing field as well, some moving purposefully on some errand or another, others just milling about as if they had no specific tasks to accomplish.

If this situation had not been so precarious, Obi Wan would have laughed out loud at the inefficient bumbling of those on the tarmac as they rushed around in barely controlled chaos, some narrowly escaping collision with someone else...others were not so lucky he conceded as he saw a pilot run full tilt into a stationary droid. OUCH! he thought to himself, I bet that hurt! This was almost like watching a badly directed holo vid comedy.

Obi Wan felt a light nudge on his left shoulder and turned his head to look at his master. Qui Gon silently motioned at the ships standing on the landing field, arranged in no particular order that either one of the Jedi could fathom.

The young Jedi obediently moved his gaze to study one of the nearer ships. ?Ugly things, aren?t they master?? he whispered to Qui Gon, who nodded slightly in agreement. Snub-nosed and chunky looking, painted in drab, unappealing colors; these craft were nothing like the graceful corellian ships that soared through the starlanes of the galaxy.

After a few more moments of study, Obi Wan realized that these gangly looking ships had probably been built where they stood. Most likely built by people using schematics that were hundreds of years old, and probably almost illegible to the inhabitants here who had shunned interstellar contact for centuries. A momentary surge of pity for these people rose in Obi Wan for their backward ways of thinking. ?I wonder how many of those ships have even been tested outside the atmosphere,? he whispered to his master.

?I wonder how many have ever even left the ground,? Qui Gon replied softly in a concerned voice, his eyes still scanning the pandemonium before them. ?And what do you suppose that is?? his right hand pointed to a raised platform that had obviously been hastily erected off to the side of the city gates, ?it almost looks like a viewing stand you would see at a parade ground.?

?Who would be stupid enough to be out in the open when these pieces of junk try to lift off?? Obi Wan muttered under his breath, then realized his mistake as he felt his master?s disapproving gaze on him.

?It is not our place to judge others, padawan,? Qui Gon whispered sternly, ?we are protectors, we must help others when they are in need. Placing judgement on them cheapens our efforts to help others help themselves.?

?I know that Master,? Obi Wan replied, eyes downcast, ?I don?t know why I blurted that out.? He felt the comforting pressure of Qui Gon?s hand on his shoulder and knew the older Jedi was not angry with him.

?Come,? Qui Gon said softly, ?let?s move around the periphery and try to get a little closer to the gates and that platform.?

They moved swiftly and silently around the edge of the tarmac, shielded from view by the low hanging boughs of birdle trees and bushy undergrowth that lined the edge of the immense forest. As they got closer and closer to the looming city wall, Qui Gon was slightly surprised that the forest growth was allowed to flourish all the way to the city?s enclosing wall. I know initiates who could design better defenses than this, what kind of idiot allows concealing growth right up to their own doorstep, they wouldn?t see an enemy until it was right on top of the

6. HealerLeona

Jan 18, 2000
    So glad to see more so soon. Thanks Jedi Gryph Grin

7. Kit'

Kit' Manager Emeritus & Kessel Run Champion! star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Winner

Oct 30, 1999
    Go Grypth

The next move is hers.

CHECK MATE

Kithera

8. Alli-Wan

Dec 21, 1999
    Great ! Suspenseful!

I would definitely not want to be the (fictional) Kithera in the very near future. --AWK

9. mouse2

Oct 29, 1999
    POST POSITY POST POST POST!!!!!!

We need more Gryph!

10. HealerLeona

Jan 18, 2000
    Look what I found Jedi Gryph Grin a story in need of a new post.
    Here's hoping we get a new one soon.

11. Jedi Gryph Grin

Sep 25, 1999
    Your wish is my command Mouse2 and HealerLeona. Here's a short bit that I wrote on the day the server was unavailable.

A low chime sounded from the work console imbedded in the surface of Countess Neila?s oversized desk, signaling that a message was waiting for her attention. She jumped slightly in startlement as the sound disrupted her concentration from the speech she was composing for an awards banquet to be held a few days hence, supposedly in honor of Lemur after his conquest of Llakret was successful.

Her delicate fingers hovered momentarily over the ?play? button, she knew whom the message would be from. Maybe I can just say that I wasn?t in the office today and didn?t get the message, she thought grimly to herself, on second thought, if I don?t respond, he?ll just find some other way to get ahold of me, and probably figure out some way to embarrass me in the process.

Choosing the lesser of two evils, Neila pressed the play button and entered in her password to access the message. The identifying signature confirmed her suspicion as to the sender and she settled herself resignedly to listen to the message.

All members of the court hierarchy are expected to attend the public gathering at which I, Lemur, will address our military forces before the liftoff of our glorious fleet. The ceremony will begin at fifteen hundred hours and will take place at the city?s main gates.

Neila had no idea how long she sat there, numbly staring at the blinking text that read: End of Message.

She finally took a deep, shuddering breath and shook herself back into full awareness. She glanced at the chrono display on her armband and realized with a start that she had only thirty minutes until the ceremony was to begin. She didn?t dare to be late to this, Lemur?s insanity had progressed to a point that there was no telling what he might do to her if she was tardy.

She stood silently and exited her office into the coolness of the marble hallway. As she moved gracefully through the corridor, her diaphanous spydersilk gown swirled and billowed out behind her. She felt no anger, no fear, nothing; As if her sense of purpose had disappeared along with Lemur?s sanity. Nothing good can come of this, she thought in despair, Lemur has placed us all firmly on the path to destruction, and I can see no way to stop him.

12. mouse2

Oct 29, 1999
    More Gryph!!

Don't make me poing you!

13. Jane Jinn

Jane Jinn Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 12, 2000
    All right! Qui-Gon, Obi-Wan, and Kithera are all hiding close to the fleet of ships which are scheduled for lift-off in half an hour. None of the ships have ever been tested, and it is doubtful that all of them will clear the atmosphere. Now the big question is...who will get hit by the debris? I'm looking forward to reading more!

14. HealerLeona

Jan 18, 2000
    Short but full of great possibilities. Hurry, post more soon.

15. Jedi Gryph Grin

Sep 25, 1999
    Here you go H.L, and Jane Jinn you'll find out soon.

Rela rose from behind the stone desk covered in layer upon layer of granite dust that floated on the air within the small room. Her mouth was so dry and coated with a gritty mess that she spat several times trying to get a full breath of air. Dust and debris lay everywhere in the room, though, she noticed thankfully that the entrance to the chamber was not blocked by anything. She turned abruptly when she heard a sound from the floor on the other side of the desk, she scooted herself up onto the rectangular obelisk and peered over the edge.

Charsa was lying on the floor, evidently knocked there by the concussion of energy that Kason had released. Charsa looked upward to acknowledge Rela?s presence and groaned in pain as she inched her way across the floor to check on the condition of her padawan.

?How is he?? Rela whispered, her voice barely audible above the emergency claxons that hooted eerily in the distance.

?He?s out cold,? whispered Charsa in response, instinctively keeping her voice low lest the sound vibrations bring the ceiling down on top of them.

The lights flickered once...twice...then resumed a steady glow at, perhaps, half of their former illumination. Both women could hear more emergency claxons adding their mournful howl to the eerie cacophony in the distance as shock waves from Kason?s escapade continued to wreak havoc among the tunnels.

Charsa peered through the hazy sand sifting through the air at Rela, ?How is the Vicetta?? she asked, her voice gravelly sounding as she dealt with her own pain.

?Well,? Rela replied in a subdued voice, ?his left side got barbecued pretty good by that blaster fire. But I don?t think he sustained any damage from...? Her eyes flickered to the unconscious form of Kason, ?...whatever that was.?

?It?s known as Final Strike,? Charsa explained wearily, ?Though I don?t know how Kason managed it...I don?t know anyone who can manage it...It?s a Jedi legend...I thought it was just a myth.? Her voice trailed off as she gazed at her collapsed Padawan, ?I guess I was wrong.?

In the distance they could hear muffled boomings and the grating of rock on rock as more of the tunnel system collapsed in on itself.

Charsa returned her silver gaze to Rela?s brown eyes. ?We need to get out of here, away from this moon,? she said decisively, ?the whole colony could very well come down around our ears at any time.?

?I heartily agree,? Replied Rela with a ghost of her former smile on her begrimed face, ?but how do we manage with these two completely out of it?? She gestured to indicate the unmoving forms of Kason and Mermil.

?I?m going to wake Kason up,? Charsa said grimly, ?he?ll probably be in shock, and will definitely have a blistering headache, but at least he?ll be able to walk. Then we?ll figure out what to do with Mermil.?

With no more comment, Charsa took a deep, calming breath and centered herself, blocking out the rumbling creaks and agonized groaning of the granite planetoid around them. She opened her side of the bond that she shared with Kason and fed light and energy along its path. When the bond was filled with the power, calm, and reassurance of the Force, she opened Kason?s end of the link from without.

The Force rushed to fill the void within Kason?s consciousness, replenishing the power that his release of energy had expended almost to the point of draining his own life force.

Charsa followed the flow of power into the mind of her Padawan. Like many times before, she felt as one with her young student, could feel the aura of life that surrounded him. She caught a tendril of consciousness from the teenager and held it within her mental grip, slowly coaxing it to the fore in his jumbled psyche.

Kason, her mind voice whispered to his, time to wake up.

An ethereal, disembodied child?s voice shrieked in reply, Noooooo, I can?t, I don?t wanna!

Kason, she chided, her mental voice taking on a harder edge, you must wake up if we are to get out of here alive...you must wake up NOW! With

16. Kit'

Kit' Manager Emeritus & Kessel Run Champion! star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Winner

Oct 30, 1999
    MOre Gryph! More now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kithera

P.S There is a post on Mind Games if you haven't noticed!!!!!

17. mouse2

Oct 29, 1999
    mouse2 starts to poing anyways

That was poing so poing great! poing poing poing Post more, soon! poing

18. Bastet

Bastet Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 30, 1999
    cool.gif cool.gif cool.gif cool.gif
    Very cool story!

19. HealerLeona

Jan 18, 2000
    Final Strike, huh. Very interesting, please tell us more.

20. Jedi Gryph Grin

Sep 25, 1999
    Sleepy, I'm sooooo sleepy! Mouse2(who lives fairly nearby), and I have Grandparents visiting (thank the Force they're staying at Mom and Dad's house, who also live somewhat nearby.) So, anyway, things are a bit unusual around here these days. I have a post almost ready for tomorrow, so check back soon.

21. Jedi Gryph Grin

Sep 25, 1999
    Here's some more, we're almost at the end here, I think...I typed 'till I could type no more. Let me know what you think. I regard this as "major iffy".

Countess Neila arrived out of breath and just in time to join the assembled dignitaries as they marched through the city gates and arranged themselves in a half circle next to the raised platform that Lemur would shortly occupy for his speech. She kept her eyes downcast as the despair and helplessness she felt swelled within her once again.

A wave of emotion washed over the two Jedi crouched within the concealment of their leafy patch of verdant undergrowth a short distance from the platform. This time, though, it was not the dark fury of the teenager they had witnessed before, but the haunting, incapacitating despair of someone who knew that failure was the only fate they had to look forward to. Not a personal failure, but a failure of duty and responsibility.

Qui Gon and Obi Wan peered through the undergrowth and scanned the faces of the growing assembly of people standing next to the official-looking platform for any clue as to who was projecting such strong feelings through the force. Obi Wan nudged his master?s left side and sent the image of a face through their bond. It took a moment for Qui Gon to spot the person in question with his own eyes, then nodded to his padawan in agreement.

The tendrils of anxiety and hopelessness seemingly poured from a regal looking woman of middle years, soft robes of sky blue silk rained from her slim shoulders and her auburn hair blazed in the sunlight of the late afternoon, the woman in question kept her gaze fixed on the ground in front of her as if afraid to meet the eyes of those standing around her.

The Jedi?s observation of the woman was interrupted by a raucous, slightly off key trumpet fanfare that sounded from the battlements atop the city wall. As the ringing sound died away a group of guards surrounding a single, obviously overdressed figure exited the city gates and made their way to the viewing platform. At the foot of the access ramp to the platform, half of the guards moved to surround the construction while the others followed their leader to the top, all of them holding their blasters in plain view. A voice boomed deafeningly from the speakers arranged around the perimeter of the landing field, ?All hail our Sovereign Lord and Master, Lemur!?

A wave of bows and curtseys swept across the field and through the assembled nobles. The woman in blue, Obi Wan noticed, stood her ground and made no gesture whatsoever...almost like a statue, he thought, even if she feels her situation is hopeless, she is still strong. What a Jedi she would have made.

Lemur strode haughtily to the microphone stationed at the front of the platform and raised his arms to quell the nonexistent cheers of his subjects. He lowered his arms, a somewhat disappointed look on his face and he turned to gaze meaningfully at one of the guards behind him. The guard spoke quickly into a communicator and immediately his comrades surrounding the stage began to wave their firearms in the direction of the crowd of onlookers. A small smattering of applause and a few whistles broke the silence and Lemur again raised his hands for quiet...which was granted immediately.

My loyal subjects, Lemur yelled into the microphone, then jumped backwards in response to the nerve wracking squeal of feedback from the sound systems. Two oversized speakers mounted on poles on the far side of the tarmac, evidently pushed past their volume tolerance exploded in brilliant pyrotechnic balls of flaming energy.

Qui Gon glared balefully at his padawan as Obi Wan covered his mouth to keep from laughing out loud and giving away their location. Obi Wan shrugged a silent apology, and they returned their attention to the scene unfolding in front of them.

Lemur approached the microphone with a bit of trepidation, and began again. ?My loyal subjects,? he said in a much more reasonable tone of voice, ?today is the day that I will make history. These pilo

22. Jedi Gryph Grin

Sep 25, 1999
    Yoo Hoo! Where'd everybody go? confused.gif

Comments anyone?!?!?

23. Kit'

Oct 30, 1999
    MOre Gryph or I'll start threatening you with Dancing Hamsters!!!

Kithera

P.S That wasn't iffy at all!!!

24. Alli-Wan

Dec 21, 1999
    Iffy it was not. Very good. Intense, exciting and oddly hysterical all at once. (Kind of reminded me of those first driver's ed classes, but somehow worse.) Keep up the good work. --AWK

25. HealerLeona

Jan 18, 2000
    Iffy? I think not. Great description of the carnage on the air field.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.