Divided we Fall : The Continuation

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Jedi Gryph Grin, May 16, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi Gryph Grin Jedi Master

star 4
    Jane Jinn, thanks so much for your comments!

But, truth be told, I was desperately hoping that no one would remember the "sign" (I think it was "clue", but I'm not sure, I'll have to check) reference I made oh so long ago. The story took a completely different direction than I had originally intended, so I kinda glossed over that part. *shrug*

Wow!! I'm bowled over with gratitude for all of the positive comments from everyone! My sincerest thanks to all!

Epilogue I will be up tomorrow.
  2. mouse2 Jedi Master

star 4
    upity up up upity up!
  3. HealerLeona Jedi Master

star 4
    Hi there. Can we say epilogue????
    Still wanna read it.
  4. Jedi Gryph Grin Jedi Master

star 4
    Oopsie!! I got sidetracked with the holiday weekend and all. I'll have it ready soon.

Thanks for the reminder H.L.
  5. Kit' Manager Emeritus

star 5
  6. Jedi Gryph Grin Jedi Master

star 4
    Okey Dokey, here's the promised Epiloge. There's only going to be this one, since when I started the other one it kinda blew up into a new story idea.

This deals with a character that was only touched on briefly, so if you haven't read the whole story you might be sorta lost. Heck, even if you've read the whole thing you may still get lost.

Let me know what you think.

~~~~~~~~~~~~EPILOGUE~~~~~~~~~~~~

Another night...

The inky black of the night sky was unbroken save for a few bright pinpricks of starlight.

Countess Neila tossed and turned in a restless sleep; the expressions on her face a mixture of scowl and frown. Her dreams were dark and nebulous, nothing specific...threatening.

The Force surged and writhed throughout the City and spilled over into the surrounding jungles. Anyone who had training in the ways of the Force would have recognized the underlying current of the waves of emotion that lapped at the edges of consciousness...Anger. But, alas, the Jedi had already departed.

The twenty guards of the Night Watch exchanged nervous glances among themselves each time they passed one other while walking their rounds atop the City walls. The jungle was alive tonight; it?s denizens raising a cacophony louder and more frenzied than any heard in recent memory. The roaring and howling of several prowling dzur was almost constant and the guards continued to jump in startlement as each animal voice called out repeatedly in the predatory serenade. If there had been anyone trained in the ways of the Force, they would have realized that the wildlife was only responding to the waves of emotion that spilled over the City walls and crashed upon the surrounding jungle...Hate. But, alas, the Jedi were no longer here.

A dark, gangling figure crept silently through the City streets toward the Great Gates, making every effort to avoid the small islands of light cast by the orderly line of streetlamps. The young man walked...awkwardly, as if his limbs were not quite in tune with each other. If there happened to be observers, the kind of heart would call him ?slender?...the honest would call him ?skinny?. His protruding Adam?s apple bobbed almost spasmodically as he muttered to himself under his breath while continuing on his journey. A tousled mop of dishwater brown hair completed the awkward teenagers appearance in such a way that the kind of heart would call him, ?not the brightest star in the sky?...the honest would call, ?way off in the shallow end of the gene pool?.

Except for his eyes of course. His eyes were blacker than the night surrounding him and they burned with malicious intent. If someone who had been trained in the ways of the Force had looked into the young man?s eyes, they would easily have read what was written there...Death. But, alas, the Jedi had already left.

The boy hunkered down in the deepest, darkest shadows next to the closed City Gates. It will not be much longer now, a sibilant whisper hissed in his mind, the voice coming to him from across a vast distance.

Time passed quickly in the pre-dawn chill, more and more people gathered within the Gates, waiting to be allowed to exit and get to their ships and be on their way. The influx of refugees had slowed to a trickle, and now those whose ships had been repaired were taking their leave of the planet Osiris. Despite the myriad ships available, along with their culturally and racially diverse crews, the boy had made his decision days ago; he had a target and a plan...now he just needed the right time.

The ceremony of the Gates? opening held no interest to the boy and he kept his concentration fully on his target, a four-man crew of a small ?merchant? vessel, as they made their way onto the still dark tarmac. He had chosen this group because all four were human, and therefore most likely to take ?pity? on him and help him on his ?quest'. The boy?s mind whispered to itself in dark glee as he followed the crew at a discreet distance, almost time...almost time.

Just as the crew arrived at their small, sleek v
  7. JediKnight-Obi-Wan Force Ghost

star 5
    Ohhh Cool, is that Darth Maul??? LOL
  8. Jedi Gryph Grin Jedi Master

star 4
    Not likely JKOW, for some reason leaving good ol' Clem without the possibility of a future appearance was bothering me. *shrug*

Ok, now a question for everyone (yay, play time). Is anyone interested in more Charsa and Kason for another story?

While I enjoy the JA books, it's getting a bit overwhelming trying to encorporate Obi Wan and Qui Gon into story lines. And quite frankly, a lot of people around here are getting tired of JA spinoffs. (not to say that I don't enjoy them as well).

So anyway, I'm developing a stand alone story with good ol' cat-boy and silver-eyes, but I'm not sure of the reaction I'd get.

What are your thoughts!
  9. Alli-Wan Jedi Knight

star 3
    <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Geneva,Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Jedi Gryph Grin:
    Okey Dokey, here's the promised Epiloge. There's only going to be this one, since when I started the other one it kinda blew up into a new story idea.

Ahh JGG, but those are the best kind. Very good epilogue. Very foreboding, but with great potential. And yes, you have my vote at least for more Charsa and Kason. Very interesting characters, much can be done with them. Onward! (Alli-Wan will now sadly go into DWF withdrawal. )
  10. Kit' Manager Emeritus

star 5
    Wait a minute.....that's it? YOu mean that that is it?

NOOOOOOOOO, you had better start another story or I am going to go into Gryph withdrawl symptoms.

Another story soon!

Kithera
  11. Jedi Gryph Grin Jedi Master

star 4
    No worries Kit', A new story is in the works. I just want to take some time to read and take a break from frantically trying to get story bits posted in between other 'real life' activites.

Thank you so much to all for your support and wonderful feedback.
  12. HealerLeona Jedi Master

star 4
    Excellent epilogue Gryph Grin and the thought of more Charsa and Kason is thrilling. Though I'll have to admit not being one of those tired with Q/O stories. I tend to be rather obsessive.

I will admit that a title with your name as author will certainly have me checking it out. I will be watching.
  13. mouse2 Jedi Master

star 4
    Excellent Gryph! Excellent and creepy!

Now I don't have a reason to call you everyday to see when you are going to post next. Poo!
  14. Jean Jedi Knight

star 1
    Upping for the move
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.