main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

RPR Archive Dividing up the Jedi

Discussion in 'Role Playing Resource Archive' started by Battlehymn_Republic, Jan 22, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Battlehymn_Republic

Battlehymn_Republic Jedi Master star 2

Oct 6, 2007
    I'm trying to split up the Jedi Order (oh no!) in the NJO era for an Infinities setting. Let me know if this isn't too out of character.

For the record, I'm reversing Kyp Durron and Corran Horn's positions during the Swarm War; Kyp is in favor of defending the New Republic first, while Corran Horn isn't as zealous.

Basically, some soul-searching quest happens to Corran, and he decides that he's had enough of Luke's Order, and splits about a quarter or less of the Order, relocating to Corellia, creating the New Corellian Jedi. They are distinct from the orthodox Order because they view the Force as a tool or weapon, one that must be highly regarded and respected, but still a tool that sentients can enforce their will on nonetheless. On the other hand, they aren't Potentium heretics, because they would root out any Jedi among them who is caught dabbling in the Dark Side.

Meanwhile, there's a new galactic threat, and the rest of the Order is divided between Luke and Leia who favor balance and neutrality, and Kyp and Kyle Katarn, who favor aggressive action and defense of the New Republic. In this timeline Kyp doesn't blow up nearly as many people as he did in canon, so he's got less compunction against fighting Imperial Remnants, and he's still got a streak of vengeance within him.

The two sides don't exactly split, but they're still very strained. Luke's side can be painted with a broad-brush of representing the Unifying Force, and Kyp's can be painted as the Living Force.

Ultimately, I'd like to know if this flies out in defiance of anything in canon or not.

2. Alexanderlagrande

Alexanderlagrande Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 16, 2007
    Dont give us too much info, but it does look good, if you make this a game Ill definetly join.

And I havent read too much about Corran Horn, and Kyp but I know they were prominent jedi.

3. Battlehymn_Republic

Battlehymn_Republic Jedi Master star 2

Oct 6, 2007
    Would it be heresy for a Jedi to view the Force as primarily an instrument or tool, despite rejecting the Dark Side?

4. Alexanderlagrande

Alexanderlagrande Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 16, 2007
    Not really, cause gray jedi used the force as a instrument without using the Dark Side.

5. DarthCemeroX

DarthCemeroX Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 28, 2007
    i've got some advice...GDG don't keep posting threads... you can easily go into the GDG and ask the same things

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.