main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Gaming "Divines Smile On You, Friend" - The Elder Scrolls Thread

Discussion in 'Community' started by Talos of Atmora, Nov 27, 2016.

1. Talos of Atmora

Talos of Atmora Force Ghost star 5

Jul 3, 2016
    I'm actually somewhat glad that Bethesda hasn't confirmed anything for TES VI. Mostly due to the thankful amounts of restraint and the hopes that they'll actually think of adding classes, a multi-faceted guild system, a more compelling narrative, etc.

2. JEDI-SOLO

JEDI-SOLO Force Ghost star 6

Feb 12, 2002
    Bumping up because we should always have a TES thread open.

Been considering replaying Morrowind and Skyrim (screw Oblivion) for some epicness that few other games can pull off on multiple runs.

3. JEDI-SOLO

Feb 12, 2002
    Grr...I heard a rumor Beth isn’t going to talk about 6 this E3 which if true will REALLY piss me off esp since we got that teaser trailer thing oh so long ago now.

Was so hoping for a current gen release but that is becoming so unlikely now.

4. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    They literally said it was very far off when they announced it a year ago (within the context of it coming after another game that also had only a title screen). Current gen would be within a year at this point.

Last edited: May 28, 2019
  5. solojones

solojones Chosen One star 10

Sep 27, 2000
    Yeah 6 is going to be a next gen game. Lord knows why, when they can't even be bothered to update to a real engine. Those same graphics are going to look like crap compared to other stuff on the next gen.... but oh well, hopefully the game itself is good. I don't have a lot of faith in Bethesda.

I do, however, adore Zenimax. I'm still playing my way through Summerset in ESO. Once I'm done with that I've got to play the next segment down in cat people land, woohoo. ESO continues to give me the best experience of Elder Scrolls, hands down.

Of course, I still need to play Skyrim VR. It could take the top spot.

6. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    After Fallout 76 and ESO Blades, faith in Bethesada is somewhat endangered.

7. solojones

Sep 27, 2000
    Absolutely. I take it Blades was terrible too? I didn't actually play it because I don't really do mobile games.

8. Ramza

Jul 13, 2008
    It’s got typical free to play transaction crap buuuut because it’s Bethesda it’s also quite buggy.

9. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    It's not a bad game, but the monetary component is predictably shady and underhanded.

10. solojones

Sep 27, 2000
    See, this is why I don't play mobile games.

11. JEDI-SOLO

Feb 12, 2002
    So Blades going to Switch. Will download then. Man the Khajit’s in ESO look like crap. I’m just going off what I saw of Elsewyr trailer earlier. They just look funky.

Ha I remember when they couldn’t wear boots. Argonian’s either.

12. solojones

Sep 27, 2000
    Yeah now that Blades is coming to Switch, and since it's free, I'll probably actually download that.

I think the Kajit look fine in ESO. Trailers aren't gameplay so it's hard to say why they look like that. But they look fine. Kitties.

13. Ramza

Jul 13, 2008
    *Ron Howard voice* It was free to play.

Last edited: Jun 11, 2019
  14. darkspine10

darkspine10 Chosen One star 8

Dec 7, 2014
    Digging out this old thread since I've got back into ESO thanks to playing with my cousin. We've been working our way across Vvardenfell, bringing back lots of nostalgia for me and new lore for her (she's only played Oblivion onwards). It's revelatory how much more engaging everything about the game becomes with just one second person to talk to and work on quests together. Before it was a massive struggle to work up the slightest enthusiasm, now I'm having a riot, finding fun quests, and recreating Revenge of the Sith:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

:p

15. Talos of Atmora

Talos of Atmora Force Ghost star 5

Jul 3, 2016
    I have to get back into ESO. Every time I've been meaning to, it hasn't panned out.

darkspine10 likes this.
  16. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    When Bethesda sells you the same game for the Xth time

17. Jedimarine

Jedimarine Force Ghost star 5

Feb 13, 2001
    I think when Elder Scrolls VI finally releases in 2067...if you can present 3 copies of Skyrim to the clerk in trade, you should get your first copy of VI for free.

But we all know 1 copy won't be near enough.

18. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Like did anyone want this? I get releasing the special edition. But why this? It’s purely for the sake of money. Which sure any game is in the grand scheme of it, but come on Bethesda you don’t even try to hide it

19. Ramza

Jul 13, 2008
    It’s so Microsoft can put a new version on Gamepass and, more broadly, remind people that they enjoy the series before locking it down to Microsoft platforms with subsequent titles.

Last edited: Aug 23, 2021
  20. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    I don't think it's purely money - if it was, they wouldn't be doing the free upgrades or save transfers.

Sure, better graphics and 60 FPS is part of it but the big one? Imagine a Bethseda game without load times.

21. solojones

Sep 27, 2000

*Raises hand*

I've actually never played Skyrim, and now I'll get a next gen version included with Gamepass.

22. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Fine enough. I bought the special edition or whatever it’s called and that was the one and only time I’ve played it.

23. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    Soon, you too Rae, will get an arrow in the knee.

The Special Edition was a damn good remaster, it rendered Skyrim far more vibrantly than the PS3 original.

Last edited: Aug 23, 2021
  24. solojones

Sep 27, 2000
    I don't know why I never played Skyrim to be honest. I had played and liked Oblivion. I play ESO. Just never the most popular one :p

25. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    Lack of time?

Skyrim's pretty damn massive, with a fun combat system and great visuals and sound. It's no mystery why people keep playing it.

TX-20 likes this.