main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

DivX VS. Sorenson3

Discussion in 'Fan Films, Fan Audio & SciFi 3D' started by DarthMike3, Nov 16, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vatex

Vatex Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 31, 2002
    Go with what works, I say.
    I'm a PC user who has dial up.
    as to viewing,

I'll pass over everything to get to the Quicktime file. Just my preference.
    When not given a choice, I'll take what I can get. DIVX is just fine with me, but the files tend to be larger most times. Am I wrong about that.

as to rendering,

I get better results initially with DIVX.
    The real goal would be to a quicktime file out with the damned sound poping.

I prefer the quicktime files. To watch.
    I prefer DIVX to render... for the time being. Just a couple of sound issues away from never using the DIVX thing again. (for rendering projects anyway)
    DIVX would have to be a stepping stone for me. Nothing more than a easy way out of a problem that I cant seem to solve.
    Some would say, "Just go buy a Mac, stupid."
    Maybe they are right.
    But
    Isnt that what this thread is really about..?
    THe old PC/MAC arguement?

WMV?! Holy crap!
    People really use that?
    Dude. Am I missing something? Lemme check....
    Nope. Not missing a thing. :)

2. MasterZap

MasterZap Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 11, 2002
    Well I've watched QT on lots of windows computers too and had no problems. But I never been able to ENCODE a good looking QT on any windows computer.

I also viewed lots of QT and *had* problems... only last night I got in an endless loop to download On2 on one machine... it downloaded it, said it was corrupt, downloaded it again, ad naeseum.

Winmedia, on the other hand, I *never ever* had problems encoding OR viewing. And no Mac person with WMP install ever had a problem either.

Again... PC's don't come with QT preinstalled, so why this is considered "more universal" than WMP I fail to see the logic in that.

When Broadband is here (I'm on a lame and costly ISDN line, hurting my little unemployed wallet with it's per-minute charges) and infinite webspace (dont have it, sorry) then I'll post mpeg2's or by then pure mpeg-4 files (with no stupid AVI *or* QT wrapper) will be universal I hope :)

/Z

/Z

3. Jedi_Cougar

Jedi_Cougar Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 14, 2001
    QT works fine on PCs. Watching and compressing. Just make whatever works best for you and your audience. End of story.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.