DLP coming to OKlahoma City

Discussion in 'Oklahoma City, OK' started by Nightsun, Jun 6, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nightsun Jedi Knight

star 2
    If you haven't heard a Kansas based company bought the Penn Square theater, and announced today that they are turning it into a Digital cineplex with reclining seats and all!!!!

Looks like we got our wish for EP3.

And now I don't have to drive to Plano to see ""the Two Towers" :)

Nightsun
  2. darthtenbiscuits Force Ghost

star 7
    This is great news!

Now we just need to have more movies shot digitaly. Does anyone know if there are any movies in production to be shot in HD digital?
  3. XR73627794 Jedi Master

star 4
    Awesome, now I know where I'm going to be lining up for Episode III! :)
  4. xwing25 Jedi Knight

star 2
    now we all know where we are going to be lining up at as this will be the only theater with the digital screen and everyone will want to see it thatway so looks like there could be a big croad there in 2005
  5. Ozzel TF.N Foreign Book Covers Staff

VIP
    star 5
    DTB, movies don't have to be shot digitally to be projected digitally. The Phantom Menace, for example, was shown on digital projects. A film movie can be converted for digital projection. ;)

Yes, this is very exciting news! :D
  6. darthtenbiscuits Force Ghost

star 7
    You're right PEZman. Movies don't HAVE to be shot digitaly to be projected that way, but digital projection reveals a lot of the flaws of film.

Oh well, at least I won't have to see those annoying cigarette burns anymore. (thanks FIGHT CLUB!)

BTW, Speilberg was recently quoted saying he would continue to shoot on film as long as he was making movies.
  7. Jedi_Arwen Jedi Master

star 2
    Woohoo!!! That's so cool!!!
  8. Phil-The-Fan Jedi Knight

star 1
    You're kidding!

That's fantastic news.

Oklahoma is soooo turning into dallas, except for all the idiots aren't in the picture.
  9. RoboNerd Jedi Knight

star 2
    Hopefully those films that are converted to digital will come from first-run copies. Imagine the smugness of walking into a film and knowing it will look its best every time you see it.

It's a good feeling, no?

And really -- should we settle for less? With the price of movie tickets these days, old ratty film with lots of grain and repair artifacts are not exactly what I'm paying for.

C'mon Quail Springs AMC 24 -- let's see you ante up in this digital dance. All your soundtracks are digital and flawless, why not your visuals as well!?!

+=o RoboNerd o=+
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.