main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Seattle, WA DLP Digital presentation

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by moviebuff595959, Apr 26, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. moviebuff595959

moviebuff595959 Jedi Youngling

Apr 22, 2005
    The Galaxy Theatres in Monroe has installed a Christie DLP Digital projector. I for one think it is worth the drive to see it in digital. They have their tickets on sale already.

2. Jedi_Kai

Jedi_Kai Jedi Padawan star 4

May 27, 2001
    Seattle Cinerama installed the digital projector for Ep II 3 years ago. So it's available there, too, thought the first show is sold out......ah just saw your other post in which you said you called the Cinerama and they uninstalled the digital system???? how odd.

3. moviebuff595959

Apr 22, 2005
    When I called the Cinerama, they said they didn't have the digital anymore. It was on loan from Boeing, who has dropped out of the digital technology. This is what the manager said.

4. bobafett25

bobafett25 Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 19, 1998
    I just called Cinerama and they said that they have the digital projector still, but don't know if they are going to get the digital print or not.

5. niennumb1

niennumb1 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 10, 2001
    Christine Digital? You mean the ones they use to do "The 20" before the movie starts at Regal Cinemas? If that's the projector... ugh! Unles it's different, you'll be able to see the pixels. in AOTC They had the nice Boeing Cinema Digital Projector and the clarity was amazing.

6. D0orD0not

D0orD0not Jedi Youngling

Apr 15, 2005
    I think I either read on theforce.net or rottentomatoes.com that the digital version of Episode III will be different from the normal version that comes out. Anyone else hear about this?

7. moviebuff595959

Apr 22, 2005
    They have the Christie CP2000H. This is a newer and better technology than the Boeing projector. Boeing has dropped out of the digital projection technology.
    The Regal projectors are not intended for movie presentation. I looked up info about this in www.christiedigital.com and www.dlp.com.

8. niennumb1

niennumb1 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 10, 2001
    Thanks for the info! I'll have a look :)

As far as the digital presentation I hear it will be a bit different, but I dunno how. I do know as far as clarity and detail the Digital will show more in that sense, but I heard a while back that the content itself would yield some different things than the film print. I dunno if this is going to still happen or not, but is interesting news.

9. colonelk

colonelk Jedi Youngling

May 3, 2005
    Lucas Films has chosen to distribute the regular 35mm version of the
    new Star Wars release. Unfortunately, Cinerama doesn't get to choose what
    format is sent out to us.

Thanks for writing.

10. MortisTortis1

MortisTortis1 Jedi Youngling

May 21, 2005
    Hallett Cinemas - 'The Grand' in Sunnyside Washington (about 2 hrs drive from seattle) has a 2K projector. I believe that the 2K format is the format recommended by George Lucas for viewing epIII. The monroe is a 1.2K projector, as was the Boeing Cinerama projector. I've seen it, and it looks amazing. On their opening night, they had people drive there from portland, seattle, and spokane. Not to mention Yakima and the Tri-Cities. http://www.hallettcinemas.com

http://www.theforce.net/episode3/theaters/digital_w.asp

11. moviebuff595959

Apr 22, 2005
    The Monroe theatre is a 2K. It is the Christie CP2000H 2K projector. I have seen it there and it is amazing.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.