main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Knox, TN DLP theater now in Knoxville-Turkey Creek Pinnacle

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by Darth Blasphemous, Jun 24, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth Blasphemous

Darth Blasphemous Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 21, 1999
    The new theater at Turkey Creek has a DLP projector and it is showing ROTS for a limited time (for how long I don't know). Just some FYI for anyone has hasn't seen a digital movie on a DLP yet, like myself!

2. iwannabeajedi21

iwannabeajedi21 Jedi Youngling

Dec 31, 2004
    what does dlp stand for? are u sure this is not just digital sound? do you have their number?

3. Darth Blasphemous

Jun 21, 1999
    They just opened this weekend and it can be confirmed that they have digital projector on fandango.com

4. Jar Jar

Jar Jar Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 13, 1998
    I saw it there on Sunday and it was a great experience. All of the colors and details stand out so much more in DLP, especially in the space battle at the beginning, that it makes normal projection look almost laughable by comparison. My only gripe was that they didn't have the cinemall's sound system, but then again nothing but the cinemall does. I definitely recommend checking it out before it's gone.

5. Darth Blasphemous

Jun 21, 1999
    Saw this last night and DLP is all the say it is!

6. Sethesh

Sethesh Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 28, 2001
    I was there Thursday night, at the 10:30 showing. Mostly empty theatre but man.. George Lucas is right. Digital IS the way to go. No scratches, no fuzz, no reel change marks, no way the management can dim the bulb in a rediculous attempt to "save energy and bulb life." It really is the way movies should be made and seen in this new century.

7. iwannabeajedi21

iwannabeajedi21 Jedi Youngling

Dec 31, 2004
    i saw the digital version of ROTS for the 1st time today. the picture and color are far superior to the nondigital version. i have now seen the movie a total of 7 times!! the theatre was 75% full! i still think that episode 3 will hit 375 million, but probably not 400 million!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.