main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

VIDEO DMC: Devil May Cry

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by Charlemagne19, Mar 31, 2014.

1. Charlemagne19

Charlemagne19 Chosen One star 8

Jul 30, 2000
    So did anyone play this?

I've always been a fan of the Devil May Cry series but I never actually got to play any of them until I picked this up from the Gamestop this Friday. Having just finished it, I was surprised at how much I enjoyed this particular volume in the series.

The game tries a little too hard to be cool and edgy but I still enjoyed it and, most surprisingly of all, the storyline. If you're going to take the plot of any movie, They Live, is definitely one of the ones I'd choose to take from.

I like the supporting cast, bosses, and the combat as well.

While a little late, I definitely think people should pick it up.

2. Zeta1127

Zeta1127 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 2, 2012
    I have only played Devil May Cry 3, though I did end up obtaining the HD Collection, so I also have the first two.

3. Charlemagne19

Jul 30, 2000
    I recommend the First Devil May Cry. I'm referring to the reboot in the thread title, though.

4. Skywalker_T-65

Skywalker_T-65 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 19, 2009
    I've played every DMC game sans the remake myself (I generally rank them as 3/1/4 in my 'had the most fun with' ranking. Two just flat out sucks (IMO) to the point I don't rank it at all).

I've heard good things about the gameplay for the reboot, but the story...to someone who grew up on the older games, its highly unappealing. Though I'll grant that others may enjoy the changes.

5. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    So many good jokes about the reboot. Literally none of them boardsafe. 'Tis a shame.

I enjoy the first four games immensely, though.

6. Charlemagne19

Jul 30, 2000
    I dunno, I didn't have much of a problem with the reboot's storyline. As mentioned, I'm a big fan of "They Live" and I felt the original storylines weren't exactly high art (The first game is literally, "Dante is told to go to a mysterious island and kill the Devil"). I prefer the idea of the Order as a secret rebellion against demon overlords and Virgil as a figure plotting both revenge and world domination. It's pretty good Urban Fantasy and I love UF.

Here's the review I wrote.

http://unitedfederationofcharles.blogspot.com/2014/03/dmc-devil-may-cry-review.html

7. Zeta1127

Zeta1127 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 2, 2012
    I knew you were referring to the reboot, I was just stating what I was familiar with in regards to the original series.

8. Charlemagne19

Jul 30, 2000
    Point taken.

I just recommend people check it out (and the HD re-release) because all of them are good games.