main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Do all these commercials seem to hurt Vader's image?

Discussion in 'Archive: Greenville, NC' started by Dal--Intrepid, May 16, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dal--Intrepid

Dal--Intrepid Jedi Master star 5

Mar 13, 2002
    I've watched Vader choke an M&M, have a face-to-face confrontation with the Burger King, walk out of a 7-11, claim to be a guy's dad so he could get a piece of his prize, and those are just off the top of my head. Now I enjoy all this Star Wars stuff and it all gets me excited about the movies. But a part of me thinks a lot this stuff kind of makes Vader seem like a sell out. I know that sounds sort of absurd when we all know the Star Wars has long since sold a large portion of its soul for marketing, but Vader is the icon of evil. He's not just the epitome of Star Wars evil, but a classic screen villain for all time. When Vader went heads up with the Energizer Bunny, it was a big deal, a special moment. Vader had gone commercial, and it didn't seem so bad because it seemed like it might be a one shot deal. But now Vader is hawking everything. I just don't quite like it all. He's gone from movie bad-@ss to TV shiller and I'm not crazy about it.

2. The_Green_Ranger

The_Green_Ranger Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 18, 2004
    I agree. It is stupid over exposing a baddass like him in all of these stupid commercials. It's not Vader's fault though.

3. Jedi_Master_Kel

Jedi_Master_Kel Jedi Youngling star 3

May 13, 2002
    Hey, I had nothing to do with it ;)

I haven't seen too many of them, minus the Target ones. I hate the one where he faces off against Burger King and they do the breathing thing. I kept waiting for BK to bow and give Vader a wopper or something. It was a pretty lame commercial

Kevin H.

4. Master_Dante_Jarmeck

Master_Dante_Jarmeck Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 18, 2005
    yeah, this crap is really playing down the dark lord of the sith. i mean if anything i was waiting for a lightsaber duel between vader and the burger king, that would have made it worth while, but this is too much.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.