main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Do Anakin and Obi Wan like each other?

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Charlemagne19, Mar 12, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Charlemagne19

Charlemagne19 Chosen One star 8

Jul 30, 2000
    The Revised, non-spoilery version

2. Anakin1607

Anakin1607 Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 7, 2002
    Yup, they do for many reasons we aren't allowed to talked about. ;)

In case you haven't noticed, I'm more than a little cynical about this whole "We can't have AotC spoilers in this fourm" line.

3. Jedi Novaga Sage

Jedi Novaga Sage Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 8, 1999
    hhmmm, I dont know,.....do u like me???

4. Darth Ludicrous

Darth Ludicrous Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 25, 2000
    why wouldn't they like each other?
    Anakin would have quit his apprenticeship or requested another master if he disliked Obi-Wan.
    Have you read the dismal Jedi Quest comic?

5. Charlemagne19

Charlemagne19 Chosen One star 8

Jul 30, 2000
    No I haven't. I read the Book version however.

The Basic feel I got out of the books is summarized like this..

Rogue Planet: Obi Wan Kenobi is a Brother/Father figure to Anakin with him the more than often bemused gaurdian. Anakin needs a protector and Obi Wan is a pretty good one with his teaching method adapted well as a strong authority figure.

Occasional shows of extreme affection like going into a trash race after him cement their relationship strongly.

Jedi Apprentice Special Edition and Jedi Quest: This is where we get I think Jude Watson's depiction of Anakin that will sum up things for most of their battles. Anakin seems to respect Obi Wan okay but he seems resentful of Jedi restrictions (especially on things like slavery) and doesn't find much of Obi wan's advice as useful as he might.

The approaching storm: This pretty much seems to be where Obi Wan and Anakin hit their stride because as peers they seem to go together a bit like oil and water. As the previous thread indicates Anakin respects Obi Wan and his abilities but I'm not exactly sure they're friends.

anakin has grown up under Obi Wan's guidence but he seems to have very little in common with Obi wan and wants out

6. DarthBoba

DarthBoba Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 29, 2000
    Man, you don't need to go into spoiler teritory to know that Obi-Wan and Anakin become close friends..all you need to do is watch ANH.

Obi-Wan Kenobi to Luke Skywalker: "Your father was a cunning warrior...and he was a good friend."

7. sith1137

sith1137 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 13, 2001
    its like what we teens go through: we love and cherish our parents. then when we are teens, we refuse to listen to then and other stuff.

Seems exactly like that.

8. Sturm Antilles

Sturm Antilles Former Manager star 6

Jun 22, 2000
    Read my fan-fiction story and see for yourselves. It's based on AotC information.

9. Ben_Max

Ben_Max Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 22, 2001
    Obi-Wan also told Luke:

"A young Jedi named Darth Vader, who was a pupil of mine until he turned to evil....he betrayed and murdered your father."

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.