main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Do Enemy Lines and Dark Journey take place concurrently, and what does it mean if they do? spoilers

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Mastadge, Nov 1, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mastadge

Mastadge Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 4, 1999
    It seems from TOS's description of these books that they take place concurrently. This is something we haven't seen before in EU (forgetting I, Jedi), so I'm just wondering, what does it mean for the narrative structure of the books themselves? If they do take place at the same time, will Dark Journey focus mostly on the Jedi, while Enemy Lines is about the New Republic? Apparently in Dark Journey Jaina escapes from the Vong and gets to the Hapes Consortium. Presumably, Jag Fel will be an important element in the story. We know that in Enemy Lines Wedge covers the NR government's retreat and presumably search for a new safehold. How cool would it be if Jaina manages to smooth out anti-Jedi sentiment in Hapes (by, say, promising Jacen will marry into the royal line...j/k) just in time for the remains of the NR government to make it there. Then the powerful Hapes Consortium, immensely wealthy and strong, would become the center of the fight against the Vong. Sounds good to me. You'll also notice that the Hapes Cluster would put the NR's strength pretty much across the Vong's invasion route from the Imperial Remnant (although I'm not positive, I don't have the map in front of me). What does everyone think?

2. Darth Ludicrous

Darth Ludicrous Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 25, 2000
    aye. common knowledge.

3. Mastadge

Jun 4, 1999
    Any other glorious insight, o great and powerful leader?

4. corran_rouge9

corran_rouge9 Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 28, 2001
    So they are doing them concurrently? When will Enemy Lines 2 be then? After DJ or during?

5. Ornitier

Ornitier Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 16, 2000
    With the brief return of the Hapes peoples in one of the previous books, didn't they get wiped out? marrying off Jacen sounds interesting though, and likely. Jacen seemed to be rather close to Tenel Ka (She seem's cool, though she tends to be a bit too wordy, much like me...

6. RingoJuna

RingoJuna Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 18, 2001
    It shouldn't be all that hard to pull the stories off. With the characters involved in each story being in seperate parts of the galaxy and dealing with their own problems. I'm just looking forward to having Wedge play a more prominant(sp?)role in things.

I'm just wondering, those of us who've read SbS know that at least one old Wraith is still around. Which others do you think are still around as well? I've got a feeling that Piggy will still be kicking it with the Wraiths.

7. ReaperFett

ReaperFett Jedi Knight star 6

Dec 9, 1999
    Id say that Allstons pair is on the main continuality line, while DJ is a sortof subplot book, not hugely affecting those outside the story.

For me, this would say that Jaina wont be turned to the light be an older character, and that Mara wont be teaching her again at the end.

8. JediAlly

JediAlly Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 31, 2000
    I think if we read Dark Journey carefully enough, we'll be seeing references to Enemy Lines I in it. I think we'll be seeing references to Dark Journey in Enemy Lines I. After which, I think we'll be seeing Enemy Lines II as a stand-alone book, in that it will move the story along and not occur concurrently with another book.

9. chissdude10

chissdude10 Jedi Youngling star 5

Jul 26, 2001
    I belive you are right, exept I hope Jags not in it. I hate him, he thinks hes all special cause he lives with the chiss, ah he makes me sick. Now if Jaina is looking I belive some Farmboy from Hutt Space will do fine.

10. Rebecca191

Rebecca191 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 2, 1999
    Jag rules!! Jag is perfect for Jaina!! Don't diss Jag!!

11. ReaperFett

Dec 9, 1999
    no, diss him! DISS HIM! DISS HIM!!!

:)

12. chissdude10

Jul 26, 2001
    Jag sucks dude, He was only put in so the chiss got a better rep but they dont need him. I've met Hutts hansomer then him.

13. Rebecca191

Nov 2, 1999
    How dare you say that an Hutt is more attractive than Jag! Jag is the cutest EU guy!

14. ReaperFett

Dec 9, 1999
    says who?

15. Rebecca191

Nov 2, 1999
    Says all the females in the Jag fan club!!

16. chissdude10

Jul 26, 2001
    And those people would be.....besides everyone knows IM the cuttest EU dude.

17. ReaperFett

Dec 9, 1999
    and where's the evidence he is the cutest? :)

18. chissdude10

Jul 26, 2001
    Jag got no chance against me.

19. PrinceXizor

PrinceXizor Former TF.N Foreign Book Cover Staff star 5 VIP

Jul 4, 2001
    Well, he's got an advantage with his age compared to you, at least... ;)

20. chissdude10

Jul 26, 2001
    Hey this is a impresive package for a preteen. http://hometown.aol.com/yuuzhanvong88/me.html

21. Mastadge

Jun 4, 1999
    Hey, chissdude, is that pic in Colonial Williamsburg?

Back on topic, what do you guys surmise will happen in these books? Will DJ be more of an "I, Jedi" quest story to EL's "JAT" event and character stroy?

22. chissdude10

Jul 26, 2001
  23. ReaperFett

Dec 9, 1999
    I think it will be ike Conquest, with one or two more POVs

24. Wedge 88

Wedge 88 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 16, 1999
    Williamsburg rocks.

Bye.

25. Darth Ludicrous

Darth Ludicrous Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 25, 2000
    on second thought, I better not say that.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.