main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Do Enemy Lines and Dark Journey take place concurrently, and what does it mean if they do? spoilers

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Mastadge, Nov 1, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mastadge

Mastadge Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 4, 1999
    Did anyone catch what DL better not say?

2. PrinceXizor

PrinceXizor Former TF.N Foreign Book Cover Staff star 5 VIP

Jul 4, 2001
    Yeah I catched it... But... hum... no, nevermind, I won't say anything...

3. Mastadge

Jun 4, 1999
    I talked to DL, nevermind.

4. tmihah

tmihah Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 26, 2001
    "With the brief return of the Hapes peoples in one of the previous books, didn't they get wiped out? marrying off Jacen sounds interesting though, and likely. Jacen seemed to be rather close to Tenel Ka (She seem's cool, though she tends to be a bit too wordy, much like me..."

actually, the fleet that got wiped out is the Hapan royal fleet. Its composed of one battle dragon per planet in the Hapes Consortium and its basically like a bodyguard fleet for the queen. The Hapes Consortioum actually has thousands of Star Destroyers at its command and would be quite a force if used.

The recharge rate was pushed by Bill Smith of West End Games as a sort of Game Balance for the Battle Dragons and has carried over into the lore. Since the Hapans got the "recharge rate" technology at the end of the agents of chaos storyline, I can only asume that they intend to bring these assets into play.

5. Mastadge

Jun 4, 1999
    These books seem to be being talked about again, so I thought I'd bring my speculation up.

6. KansasNavy

KansasNavy Jedi Master star 4

Mar 10, 2001
    If you look at the map from SbS, I would guess that Hapes Consortwhatever will be kind of like a Bastogne type. A large chunk surrounded on all sides.

I think DJ will be more of a Jaina-redeeming book. Maybe get a look at how another governing body has been handling the war. That fleet at Fondor was their entire fleet. They have no leftover ISDs. They were all handed over to the NR in TCoPL, according to Essential Chronology. I'm guessing Dathomir might also be associated with the plot, too (including the dark-sider from SbS).
    Enemy Lines will have alot to do with military (YES!!!). Hopefully I will get to see a K-wing, which has curiously absent like the Wraiths. Wraiths in K-wings would be neat. Anyway, I'm assuming this is where the NR will have disintegrated. Perhaps the Chiss will have entered the war. I also think that Bothawui, Kashyyyk, and Fondor will have fallen, Mon Cal and Corellia also being threatened. It'd be nice to see some victories for the hometeam.

7. Tsavong_Skywalker

Tsavong_Skywalker Jedi Youngling

Nov 4, 2001
    If they do take place at the same time, they should be released at the same time. Dark Journey comes out in Febuary and Enemy Lines 1 comes out in April, isn't that screwed up? Besides, if Dark Journey made references to Enemy Lines, wouldn't that be screwed up also?

8. KansasNavy

KansasNavy Jedi Master star 4

Mar 10, 2001
    Hmmm...do you think the Wraiths and Jedi might try and exploit the Shamed Ones behind enemy lines? When Tsavong Lah doesn't get the twins, he'll either become a shamed one or the whole Vong religion will be turned upside down.

9. Wedge 88

Wedge 88 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 16, 1999
    Tsavong_Skywalker-

That would be like saying they should just be one book.

The Approaching Storm is already comming out the same day as Dark Journey. The Enemy Lines duology if from a different part of the story than Dark Journey. They can take place at the same time and be released at different times.

I'd like to remind you of I, Jedi and JAT. And SoA and PoT.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.