Do extra-terrestrial beings exist?

Discussion in 'Archive: Census and Games' started by General Kenobi, Jun 14, 2003.

?

Do extra-terrestrial beings exist?

Poll closed Mar 24, 2012.
Yes. It's only a matter of time before we start traveling to other galaxies, too. 154 vote(s) 45.8%
Maybe. They may exist, but there is no reliable evidence that they've ever visited us. 146 vote(s) 43.5%
No. They don't exist at all. There is no evidence to support their existence. 36 vote(s) 10.7%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. General Kenobi Administrator Emeritus

star 6
  2. Darth_Weirdo Jedi Master

star 4
    We are not alone. [face_plain] They are somewhere out there. [face_plain]
  3. handzik Force Ghost

star 5
    Maybe.
    It would be selfish to think that we're completly alone in the universe but I don't think they've ever visited us.
  4. Jansons_Funny_Twin Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    I think that it's a possibility, but I doubt they've visited earth.

Maybe we'll get a signal.

Quick, someone start looking at Vega. :p
  5. Ginger_Jedi Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Maybe - I don't see how we could be alone in the universe...
  6. Darth_Omega Force Ghost

star 6
  7. Master Salty Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Yes. It's only a matter of time before we start traveling to other galaxies, too.
  8. Darth Guy Chosen One

star 10
    I think that extra-terrestrial beings probably do exist. However, I have yet to see reliable evidence of them visiting Earth.

-Evan
  9. Tobey-Wan FanForce CR Northwest Ohio

Chapter Rep
    star 9
  10. Errant_Venture Manager Emeritus

star 6
    Yes.

I fail to see how we can be the only life in the galaxy, much less the universe. I also believe that E.T.'s have visited Earth in the past and are visiting Earth in contemporary times. There are too many sightings to be complete nonsense, especially when there are cave paintings of "flying saucers" from pre-historic times.
  11. StarwarsMan Jedi Knight

star 2
  12. bobilll Jedi Master

star 4
    The galaxy is too big for there to be just one life-bearing planet
  13. neeldawg66 Force Ghost

star 8
  14. Darth Dark Helmet Manager Emeritus

star 6
    I doubt that we've been "visited," but to think that in everything that is outer space, we are the only planet that supports life? That's laughable.
  15. darkOmegazer0 Jedi Master

star 4
    Jeez, of course they're real. Alot of the ufo videos are probubly fake but if you ever watch some of those you see how real some of them are, where entire towns gather to watch the ufos. There's way more evidence of aliens than there is of god, I trust actual video proof, a bunch of government cover-ups and tons of eye-witnesses over a dusty old book any day.
  16. WarmasterDan Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    The truth is out there. Yes, I do believe.
  17. TwiLekJedi Pretty Ex-Mod

star 10
    "Maybe. They may exist, but there is no reliable evidence that they've ever visited us."

Actually, not maybe, but yes. But I don't believe we'll visit them anytime soon. Or that they visited us. okay, there is the maybe ;)
  18. Jeff 42 Manager Emeritus

star 5
    I voted maybe, although I think it's quite likely, but the poll choices aren't very good. The notion that we'll travel to other galaxies in the future is simply ludicrous.
  19. darkOmegazer0 Jedi Master

star 4
    People are always saying "oh aliens could never travel to us because of Einstein's THEORY of relativity". Okay...so who is to say the aliens don't have their own equivalent to Einstein on their planet? Or that we will get our new Einstein that discovers that it's possible to travel faster than the speed of light? Why do people think he's the last genius ever to exist??
  20. ST-TPM-ASF-TNE Moderator Emeritus

star 6
    To go along with the above statement, there's no real proof to say every single thing Einstein said was true. Until only a few hundreds of years ago, everyone "knew" the world was flat, and everyone "knew" the Earth was the center of the universe, and until only a few years ago, everyone "knew" Christina Aguilara wasn't a slut.

What I'm saying is, for all we know, everything or some things we've been taught about science could be wrong.

I myself do believe there are aliens in the universe. Whether or not they've visited us is another story. My greatest piece of evidence that aliens might exist are the hundreds of sightings and abduction stories over the last fifty years. So many people have stories about seeing strange crafts and "memories" of being abducted. Either there are a lot of crazy people on the planet, or these stories are true. I don't believe it's a prank, because, in the words of Officer Paski from Signs, "how could so many people be in on it?"

To sum this up, we've barely even finished exploring the rest of the universe. How can our planet have the only living organic beings in the universe? There have to be more.
  21. Anakin_Sleepwalker Jedi Master

star 4
    I picked 'maybe'.

I'm quite sure that they exist. Being that there are hundreds of billions of galaxies in the universe (all of which are entirely likely to have a number of planetary systems - even our own Milky Way Galaxy), I am sure that Earth is not the only planet supporting life. I strongly believe that extra-terrestrial beings exist, but I absolutely do not believe that they have visited our planet.
  22. Mrs_Kitty Jedi Grand Master

star 5
  23. DarthDrew Jedi Master

star 4
    I voted "Yes" and I'll expand on that tomorrow when I've had more sleep...

I'd love to hear from either of the two people that voted no. Why do you believe no?
  24. ISD_Devastator Force Ghost

star 4
    Maybe.
    I won't believe before I see.
  25. Bjork Jedi Master

star 4
    Considering how small we are in the universe, and how limited our technology and knowledge really is, it really isn't that improbable to believe that there are Extra-Terrestrials somewhere out there.

But I don't think that they're visiting Earth, and if they are probably not that regularly. Something makes me think that they have better things to do. 8-}

"The truth is out there." *Cue music*
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.