main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Do extra-terrestrial beings exist?

Discussion in 'Archive: Census and Games' started by General Kenobi , Jun 14, 2003.

?

Do extra-terrestrial beings exist?

Poll closed Mar 24, 2012.
  1. Yes. It's only a matter of time before we start traveling to other galaxies, too.

45.8%
  2. Maybe. They may exist, but there is no reliable evidence that they've ever visited us.

43.5%
  3. No. They don't exist at all. There is no evidence to support their existence.

10.7%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. General Kenobi

General Kenobi Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 31, 1998
  2. Darth_Weirdo

Darth_Weirdo Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 2, 2002
    We are not alone. [face_plain] They are somewhere out there. [face_plain]

3. handzik

handzik Jedi Master star 5

Aug 20, 2002
    Maybe.
    It would be selfish to think that we're completly alone in the universe but I don't think they've ever visited us.

4. Jansons_Funny_Twin

Jansons_Funny_Twin Jedi Knight star 6

Jul 31, 2002
    I think that it's a possibility, but I doubt they've visited earth.

Maybe we'll get a signal.

Quick, someone start looking at Vega. :p

5. Ginger_Jedi

Ginger_Jedi Jedi Knight star 6

Jun 4, 2001
    Maybe - I don't see how we could be alone in the universe...

6. Darth_Omega

Darth_Omega Force Ghost star 6

May 19, 2002
  7. Master Salty

Master Salty Jedi Grand Master star 6

Apr 18, 1999
    Yes. It's only a matter of time before we start traveling to other galaxies, too.

8. Darth Guy

Darth Guy Chosen One star 10

Aug 16, 2002
    I think that extra-terrestrial beings probably do exist. However, I have yet to see reliable evidence of them visiting Earth.

-Evan

9. Tobey-Wan

Tobey-Wan Jedi Master star 9

Jun 12, 2001
  10. Errant_Venture

Errant_Venture Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 21, 2002
    Yes.

I fail to see how we can be the only life in the galaxy, much less the universe. I also believe that E.T.'s have visited Earth in the past and are visiting Earth in contemporary times. There are too many sightings to be complete nonsense, especially when there are cave paintings of "flying saucers" from pre-historic times.

11. StarwarsMan

StarwarsMan Jedi Grand Master star 2

Dec 17, 2002
  12. bobilll

bobilll Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 8, 2002
    The galaxy is too big for there to be just one life-bearing planet

13. neeldawg66

neeldawg66 Jedi Master star 8

Mar 21, 2002
  14. Darth Dark Helmet

Darth Dark Helmet Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 27, 1999
    I doubt that we've been "visited," but to think that in everything that is outer space, we are the only planet that supports life? That's laughable.

15. darkOmegazer0

darkOmegazer0 Jedi Master star 4

Aug 18, 2002
    Jeez, of course they're real. Alot of the ufo videos are probubly fake but if you ever watch some of those you see how real some of them are, where entire towns gather to watch the ufos. There's way more evidence of aliens than there is of god, I trust actual video proof, a bunch of government cover-ups and tons of eye-witnesses over a dusty old book any day.

16. WarmasterDan

WarmasterDan Jedi Knight star 6

Sep 3, 2002
    The truth is out there. Yes, I do believe.

17. TwiLekJedi

TwiLekJedi Pretty Ex-Mod star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 14, 2001
    "Maybe. They may exist, but there is no reliable evidence that they've ever visited us."

Actually, not maybe, but yes. But I don't believe we'll visit them anytime soon. Or that they visited us. okay, there is the maybe ;)

18. Jeff 42

Jeff 42 Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 14, 1998
    I voted maybe, although I think it's quite likely, but the poll choices aren't very good. The notion that we'll travel to other galaxies in the future is simply ludicrous.

19. darkOmegazer0

darkOmegazer0 Jedi Master star 4

Aug 18, 2002
    People are always saying "oh aliens could never travel to us because of Einstein's THEORY of relativity". Okay...so who is to say the aliens don't have their own equivalent to Einstein on their planet? Or that we will get our new Einstein that discovers that it's possible to travel faster than the speed of light? Why do people think he's the last genius ever to exist??

20. ST-TPM-ASF-TNE

ST-TPM-ASF-TNE Moderator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 27, 2001
    To go along with the above statement, there's no real proof to say every single thing Einstein said was true. Until only a few hundreds of years ago, everyone "knew" the world was flat, and everyone "knew" the Earth was the center of the universe, and until only a few years ago, everyone "knew" Christina Aguilara wasn't a slut.

What I'm saying is, for all we know, everything or some things we've been taught about science could be wrong.

I myself do believe there are aliens in the universe. Whether or not they've visited us is another story. My greatest piece of evidence that aliens might exist are the hundreds of sightings and abduction stories over the last fifty years. So many people have stories about seeing strange crafts and "memories" of being abducted. Either there are a lot of crazy people on the planet, or these stories are true. I don't believe it's a prank, because, in the words of Officer Paski from Signs, "how could so many people be in on it?"

To sum this up, we've barely even finished exploring the rest of the universe. How can our planet have the only living organic beings in the universe? There have to be more.

21. Anakin_Sleepwalker

Anakin_Sleepwalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 8, 2000
    I picked 'maybe'.

I'm quite sure that they exist. Being that there are hundreds of billions of galaxies in the universe (all of which are entirely likely to have a number of planetary systems - even our own Milky Way Galaxy), I am sure that Earth is not the only planet supporting life. I strongly believe that extra-terrestrial beings exist, but I absolutely do not believe that they have visited our planet.

22. Mrs_Kitty

Mrs_Kitty Jedi Knight star 5

May 23, 2002
  23. DarthDrew

DarthDrew Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 26, 2002
    I voted "Yes" and I'll expand on that tomorrow when I've had more sleep...

I'd love to hear from either of the two people that voted no. Why do you believe no?

24. ISD_Devastator

ISD_Devastator Jedi Master star 4

Oct 11, 2002
    Maybe.
    I won't believe before I see.

25. Bjork

Bjork Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 21, 2002
    Considering how small we are in the universe, and how limited our technology and knowledge really is, it really isn't that improbable to believe that there are Extra-Terrestrials somewhere out there.

But I don't think that they're visiting Earth, and if they are probably not that regularly. Something makes me think that they have better things to do. 8-}

"The truth is out there." *Cue music*

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.