main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Do extra-terrestrial beings exist?

Discussion in 'Archive: Census and Games' started by General Kenobi , Jun 14, 2003.

?

Do extra-terrestrial beings exist?

Poll closed Mar 24, 2012.
  1. Yes. It's only a matter of time before we start traveling to other galaxies, too.

45.8%
  2. Maybe. They may exist, but there is no reliable evidence that they've ever visited us.

43.5%
  3. No. They don't exist at all. There is no evidence to support their existence.

10.7%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Warriorpoet

Warriorpoet Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 20, 2001
    I think so, I think they're just waiting for us to mature a little before they reveal themselves. From their point of veiw we must seem like children (spoiled, mean little brats) playing with very big fire crackers.

I would guess, they want to see if we're going to burn our own home down first, before they invite us to visit theirs.

2. Phantom-Iam

Phantom-Iam Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 24, 2002
    Maybe, but I doubt it

3. orangefuzz

orangefuzz Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 21, 2003
    Maybe, but more leaning toward the yes. I mean come on, the universe goes on for an incalculable amount of distance and to believe that we are the only life bearing planet out of the inalculable amount of plnets is a little hard to believe. But there is always a chance of anything happening so there could be none but I highly, HIGHLY doubt it.

4. BucketHead8723

BucketHead8723 Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 12, 2003
    Here's how I figure it"
    Extra-terrestrial beings must exist because space is infinite. Sooner or later there will be intelligent life. It is inevitable.

5. LuBusVassal

LuBusVassal Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 27, 2002
    Ever Read Foundation?

6. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
    Yes. There is currently a model of the Universe going around the astronomy world that the Universe may be much larger than we think, and many observations point to the idea that the Universe MUST contain more than one dimension. Go far enough out and there is another 'you' sitting at a computer reading this post. The other you may quit halfway through and go outside, another you may reply to the post, while you just stare blankly and wonder what the hell is wrong with VaderslaMent. :D

The point really is that the bigger the model of the Universe gets the more likely other beings are out there. The problem is that in this part of this Universe we may be the only ones here.

Keep your eye on the Space Science Thread, quite soon, maybe today, I am going to summarize a long list of possibilities for and against non-Earthly life.

7. Saber_Leader

Saber_Leader Jedi Master star 4

Jan 28, 2003
    Maybe

They exist, but there's no evidence that they've visited Earth.

8. ForceMaster101

ForceMaster101 Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 30, 2003
  9. --Corran_Horn--

--Corran_Horn-- Jedi Youngling star 3

May 31, 2002
    I think that the odds of earth being the only planet supporting some form of life are negligible. Out of all the solar systems in our galaxy, certainly at least 1 other will support some form of life. The quesiton is, where to we rate on the tech scale, are we ahead or behind the other races of the galaxy?

10. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
    There is an idea that we are the first to be a space faring civilization in this galaxy.

There are ideas that so much time had past between the formation of the galaxy and before our solar system was formed that ALOT of life has had time to form out there.

We could be the first, the youngest, or somewhere in the middle.

In other words....no one has a damn clue where we rate since we don't know who else is out there, your guess is as good as any.

11. Terpmaniac09

Terpmaniac09 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 2, 2003
    I voted for the second one. Enough said.

12. Lt_Jaina_Solo

Lt_Jaina_Solo Jedi Knight star 5

May 27, 2002
    Yes! I'm living proof of that!

Wait...uh... *waves hand* *big flash of light* I never said that! Aliens do not exist! ;)

13. droideka27

droideka27 Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 28, 2002
    I believe there are aliens, but that while earth has had intelligent human life on it, that we have not been visited.

14. Bib Fortuna Twi'lek

Bib Fortuna Twi'lek Jedi Youngling star 10

Jul 9, 1999
    Yes, I believe extraterrestrial life exists, somewhere out there.

15. JediTrilobite

JediTrilobite Jedi Grand Master star 7

Nov 17, 1999
    Yes. The shear number of planets, and the fact that hydrogen and oxygen are among the most common elements means that there is a high chance that life evolved elsewhere. If it came about here, it must have come about somewhere else.

16. The Gatherer

The Gatherer Jedi Youngling star 6

Aug 2, 1999
    No, we are God's only sentient existence in this physical reality.

17. SWJaggy

SWJaggy Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 9, 2003
    I believe that there are aliens and I do believe they have visited Earth.

Take that whole "Roswell Inncident" in 1947. they had said there was stange materials that hadn't been found on Earth during that time period then they were forced by special units to change their story. (NOTE: I do,100+%,believe that the entire "Roswell Inncident" was a cover up)

18. Leto

Leto Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 19, 2002
    Maybe, the chances are pretty good they are out there somewhere. But I don't think they've been here.

19. droideka27

droideka27 Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 28, 2002
    Even if Aliens have visited us, the odds that they would have visited in the last, say, 10,000 years, when there were humans intelligent enough to be able to communicate to some degree with them would be very slim.

There are so many worlds in the Universe... some race of aliens probably is out there scouting out the universe, but when they visited our planet it was 100,000s of years ago ... but they'll come back eventually :)

And, besides... if i were an alien and I could observe earth I would see animals killing animals... all the time. Destruction and hate and anger. Why would someone want to visit THAT?

20. SWJaggy

Nov 9, 2003
    ^-I know what you mean. I think one of the reasons they haven't come to visit is because we can't get along with our own kind and that we are to frightened about what actually could be out there. We've let our fear consume us and take us to a place that we can't get out of. The place of hatred,distruction,fear,and anger.

21. PatrickTheHutt

PatrickTheHutt Jedi Youngling

Feb 16, 2004
    Something's out there. There's too much known about the universe to say definitively "no". I've never seen anything that convinced me one way or another. I just think it's rather arrogant of humans to think the entire universe is for us and us alone.

22. SaberGiiett7

SaberGiiett7 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 2, 2002
    Indeed they do ... I was ... probed. :(

<[-]> Saber

23. SWJaggy

Nov 9, 2003
    I agree with you PatricktheHutt. A majority of people (that I know of) think we own the universe but in all reality The Universe Owns Us and its possible that the Universe could own a whole lot more beings.

24. chiphead32ca

chiphead32ca Jedi Youngling

Mar 14, 2004
    Yes, i believe in ETs. but i dont think we will be flying to other galaxies any time soon. I believe because i have seen too many UFO's in the night sky not to believe.

25. AUNTIE_JEDI

AUNTIE_JEDI Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 30, 2002
    Of course they do. We have an evidence:

E.T.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.