main
side
curve
  1. Welcome to the new boards! Details here!

Wash, DC Do extraterrestrials (ETs) exist?

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by DarthDrew, Jun 12, 2003.

?

Do extraterrestrials (ETs) exist?

Poll closed Mar 24, 2012.
  1. Yes, They exist and they have visited us. It’s only a matter of time before we start traveling to

66.7%
  2. Maybe, They may exist, but there’s no reliable evidence that they’ve ever visited us

16.7%
  3. No, They don’t exist at all. Although SW is an interesting fantasy, it’s just that. There’s

16.7%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthDrew

DarthDrew Jedi Master star 4

Sep 26, 2002
  2. fakename99

fakename99 Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 26, 2001
    Yes they do exist. That is why Roger sells insurance to cover you getting probed. :)

3. Cinnea

Cinnea Retired FanForce CR, Washington DC star 4

Jul 15, 2002
    I can't believe we're the only life in the universe. It's way too big. Now, it may not be cuddly Ewoks or nice little E.T. guys, but there's gotta be stuff out there!

4. stateless

stateless Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 30, 2002
    I dunno, 'I'm one of those I have to see it to believe it' people. I am a cynic about a great many things... Having said that, I can't believe that in the infinite universe there isn't something else that's alive out there somewhere...

5. DarthDrew

Sep 26, 2002
    (Puts on his best Professor Hubert Farnsworth) "Great news everyone!" This thread has been moved to the Census forum! [link=http://boards.theforce.net/message.asp?topic=12025397&replies=22]Please re-vote here![/link]

Thanks!

6. JediShaLee

JediShaLee Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 2, 2002
    Yes they exist. How do i know? I know.

7. Cinnea

Jul 15, 2002
    Now, Sharon, if you're hiding a real live Jedi in your closet (or, heck, even a Jawa, I hope you will share it with us!

8. MuttandSolo

MuttandSolo Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 1, 2002
    She has Anakin stuffed in her closet... And he's her Precioussss!!!! [face_devil]

9. Jedi_Satimber

Jedi_Satimber Jedi Knight star 8

Jul 3, 2002
    Yes...they exist.

There is Roswell, New Mexico...Velcro and all other kinds of inventions that are proof. :p

10. Darth_Stalker

Darth_Stalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 14, 2002
    Extraterrestrials do indeed exist. You didn't think that Michael Jackson actually started off as a black guy did you ?[face_plain]

11. Master-Fett

Master-Fett Jedi Master star 6

Sep 25, 2002
    good point

but for some reason, i think no

12. MuttandSolo

Feb 1, 2002
    Okay for the record, VELCRO is not Alien technology.

It was invented by NASA long before you were born. In fact, it was invented when your parents were still in diapers.

And if you had actually been to Roswell, NM, you'd realize the town is a half-way house for released mental hospital patients.

13. Jedi_Satimber

Jul 3, 2002
    What about Postal Workers? :p

I think that lots of parts of MIB are true, in a way. :D

[hl=black]~J.Sat~
    co-Prez/NJO
    [/hl]

In my dreams here, I have seen the destruction of the Jedi. The death of the Republic. I have seen the Temple in ruins, the Senate smashed, and Coruscant itself shattered by orbital bombardment from immense ships of impossible design. I have seen Coruscant, the seat of galactic culture, become a jungle far more hostile and alien than any on Haruun Kal.
    I have seen the end of civilization.
    -Mace Windu, Shatterpoint

14. Cinnea

Jul 15, 2002
    And what about those rock stars that seemingly don't age? They're either elves or using some alien technology to drain the youth from the rest of us.

15. Darth_Stalker

Darth_Stalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 14, 2002
    /\ Well we know Michael Jackson isn't an alien. He is a "were creature", his face is made out of tupper"were" :p

16. MuttandSolo

Feb 1, 2002
    Painful Roger, just painful.

17. Jedi_Satimber

Jul 3, 2002
    that is very funny...good one. :p

[hl=black]~J.Sat~
    co-Prez/NJO
    [/hl]

In my dreams here, I have seen the destruction of the Jedi. The death of the Republic. I have seen the Temple in ruins, the Senate smashed, and Coruscant itself shattered by orbital bombardment from immense ships of impossible design. I have seen Coruscant, the seat of galactic culture, become a jungle far more hostile and alien than any on Haruun Kal.
    I have seen the end of civilization.
    -Mace Windu, Shatterpoint

18. BobaChris12

BobaChris12 NE RSA & North Ridge VP star 9 Manager

Aug 30, 2002
    They have more than likely been here and the gov't is covering it up...one only knows why...

19. Ralphie_Cifaretto

Ralphie_Cifaretto Jedi Youngling

Mar 4, 2003
    Because us Humans...erm, I mean Citizens of the world, would freak out, if we knew that there was actual visitation. :p

20. DarthDrew

Sep 26, 2002
    Heck, yeah, there would be panic. Just consider the general face that alien / human relations have gotten in popular fiction.
    - War of the Worlds radio play - Because it was modeled on an actual newscast and because it was such a frightening subject, mass histeria ensued.
    - Twilight Zone: To Serve Man - aliens were portrayed as tricksters and ranchers of humans so that we could be used as meat for some other-worldly beings dinner table.
    - Independence Day, Invasion of the Body Snatchers and others - aliens portrayed as invaders with no reason for why other than "because."
    There are very few films with a kind eye to visitation.

21. Cinnea

Jul 15, 2002
    Of course we couldn't handle it. Look at the panic people go into when they predict snow - imagine if they predicted alien invasion! Yikes!

22. fakename99

fakename99 Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 26, 2001
    It will be cloudy tonight with a 30% chance of an Alien invasion, now over to Bob with sports.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.