main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Do Female Vong mutilate themselves?

Discussion in 'Literature' started by magneto, Jan 24, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. magneto

magneto Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 1, 2001
    OK I'm up to Agents of Chaos: Hero trial and so far I havn't seen any Female Vong.I was just wondering if The Female Vong get Tattos,Mutilate & bash thier own faces in aswell?????

2. Lt_Kettch

Lt_Kettch Jedi Youngling

Nov 4, 2001
    yes they do.

3. magneto

Feb 1, 2001
    well they are freaky then.

4. IAmTheDarkSide

IAmTheDarkSide Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 9, 2002
    Human females get tatooes and body piercings...arguably moreso than males. Does that make them "freaky"? The Yuuzhan Vong just place more religious and cultural significance on self-mutilation than humans do...

5. PrinceXizor

PrinceXizor Former TF.N Foreign Book Cover Staff star 5 VIP

Jul 4, 2001
    Hey, I once saw I human female - for real -, that is what is commonly called a 'woman' or 'girl', that had the tip her tongue cut in two so that it looked like a serpent's tongue...

Scary or not ? You decide.

6. Kier_Nimmion

Kier_Nimmion Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 9, 2000

While piercings and tatoos have as much appeal do me as does the prospect of having soldering irons jammed into my eyes.

What I wanna see is someone hopped up on piercing themselves is take the ultimate step: Have their head pierced. Temple to temple with one of this big shiny silver dumbell things.

I just love it when individualism becomes the same as doing what everyone else does.

7. Ana Vitorrian

Ana Vitorrian Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 2, 1999
    Magneto,

Salvatore introduced a female Intendant in Vector Prime. I believe she is the Prefect in charge of the 2nd Expeditionary Worldship to arrive at Helska IV for the Praetorite Vong.

However, I don't recall if we got a physical description.

Also note, Greg Keyes has more than one interesting female YV in his books!!! Jim Luceno and Kathy Tyers have female priestess characters in their respective books. Actually, I think I remember more than one female YV warrior in Kathy Tyers book as well.

Best,

Ana V

8. Eva_Pilot04

Eva_Pilot04 Jedi Knight star 7

Nov 15, 2001
    They probably do, but then again, in Agents of Chaos I, Nen Yim is described by two human scientists as attractive. If they do mutilate themselves, it's probably not as drastic as male vong.

9. chissdude10

chissdude10 Jedi Youngling star 5

Jul 26, 2001
    You people are going to think im crazy, but I think Yen Nim is hot...

10. IAmTheDarkSide

Jan 9, 2002
    I don't think Shaper mutilate themselves...on the outside. They just give themselves those tumours or whatever...

11. Ana Vitorrian

Ana Vitorrian Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 2, 1999
    The Priestess Elan of the Deception Sect is in Hero's Trial.

The Shaper Adept Nen Yim is in the Edge of Victory books. Note, to date, we've seen that Shapers have enhancements to their hand(s), head and sometimes eyes.

Also see Dan Wallace's article in SWG # 8. It seems possible (odds???) that we could see a female YV with a grutchen symbiote or some other enhancement.

12. Nom Anor

Nom Anor TFN Books Staff star 4 VIP

Mar 4, 2000
    Not all females mutilate themselves. Some, such as Elan have delicate tattoos. It was her that the human agents described as attractive.

Nen Yim (Edge of Victory) has a shaper's hand.

Prefect Ona Shai (Rebirth) was heavily mutilated.

We were not given a description of Prefect Ma 'Shraid (Vector Prime).

Seef (Balance Point, Star by Star) has black honor bars burned across her cheeks.

There are others, but I think this gives a pretty basic idea.

13. magneto

Feb 1, 2001
    Well I do think its freaky if Women on Earth Bash thier own heads in and break thier own bones.

14. PrinceXizor

Jul 4, 2001
    "Well I do think its freaky if Women on Earth Bash thier own heads in and break thier own bones."

You probably mean : Well I do think its freaky if people on Earth Bash thier own heads in and break thier own bones.

15. IAmTheDarkSide

Jan 9, 2002
    No, guys have too much testosterone, so they have an excuse.

16. PrinceXizor

Jul 4, 2001
    Oh...

Hum...

My bad... :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.