main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Do ghosts/spirits exist?

Discussion in 'Archive: Census and Games' started by jedi-mind-trick, Jul 23, 2003.

?

Do ghosts/spirits exist?

Poll closed Mar 24, 2012.
  1. Yes - absolutely positive!

37.2%
  2. Yes - pretty sure

19.3%
  3. Not sure either way

13.7%
  4. Nah - probably not

11.6%
  5. Nah - absolutely no way!

17.0%
  6. Never thought about it

1.2%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthXan318

DarthXan318 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 12, 2002
    Not sure either way. It's never been proven that they exist, but they can't prove that they don't, either.

2. burrisjedimaster1

burrisjedimaster1 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 31, 2002
    Yes. I have never saw a ghost though.

3. orangefuzz

orangefuzz Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 21, 2003
    I really have no idea.

4. PadmeLeiaJaina

PadmeLeiaJaina Force Ghost star 6

May 23, 2002
    I believe in ghosts. Relatives of mine who I know to be of sound mind have claimed to have seen apparitions. I believe that if a soul is not ready to embrace death, or is ripped from the natural world before it is ready to leave, it may end up leaving behind a mark of his/her energy.

For myself, I have had one experience that I can only explain as a visitation, although not physical- it was definitely a visitation.

My maternal grandfather died before Christmas 2001. The night before his funeral I was getting ready for bed in the room I always slept in when visiting my grandparents as a child. As I sat on my bed, my entire room suddenly smelled of Pop's aftershave. It absolutely permeated and impregnated the air- almost making me dizzy.

My mother opened my door to say goodnight and the smell vanished. When she shut the door again it came back. I decided he was just saying goodbye to me- I told him I loved him and went to sleep with his aftershave scent still lingering, reassuringly in my nose.

The next morning I could find no traces of his aftershave anywhere in the house, nor have I smelled it again.

5. Iconic

Iconic Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 25, 2003
    Nah, probably not, JMT, but I'll believe in them when I see one for real...if I do.

6. The Gatherer

The Gatherer Jedi Youngling star 6

Aug 2, 1999
    Nah - absolutely no way!

7. Angelic_308

Angelic_308 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 2, 2002
    I don?t believe in ghosts.

8. Bib Fortuna Twi'lek

Bib Fortuna Twi'lek Jedi Youngling star 10

Jul 9, 1999
    I'm not sure either way.

9. chiphead32ca

chiphead32ca Jedi Youngling

Mar 14, 2004
    yes, they do exist, i have seen TWO in my home. I have reason to believe one is a "familial ghost" meaning it is bonded to our family (for those that dont know) and one is stuck in our house. She seems nice, and hasnt caused any trouble yet, but she seems to like freezing our bathroom when i am trying to take a shower.

10. jedimasterkipdurron

jedimasterkipdurron Jedi Master star 4

Aug 4, 2003
    Yes they DO exist, we must spread the word!

11. Smuggler-of-Mos-Espa

Smuggler-of-Mos-Espa Jedi Youngling star 6

Jan 23, 2002
    No, of course not. These are just rumors that people have said they have seen. Just figments of the human imagination...

12. VADER9001

VADER9001 Jedi Youngling

Mar 3, 2004
    YES THEY DO I'VE BEEN TO THE GEORGIN ROOM AT PUNDERSON STATE LODGE IN OHIO AND MY STUFF WAS MOVED WHEN I WOKE UP 0.0 SO I WHOLE HEARTDELY BELIVE IN GHOSTS not to mention the house i live is haunted

13. Thrawn1786

Thrawn1786 Jedi Master star 5

Feb 8, 2004
    Yes, they exist. At my local theatre there was one named George, and he would make all sorts of mischief. One year we put on "Much Ado About Nothing" and had a great set, including a large fountain. At a performance, the fountain had a life of its own, splashing up, then down five minutes later. All that occurred after the fountain had been turned off. I was once sitting at my dining room's table and the windows were open. Suddenly I heard a low rumbling noise behind me and knowing it wasn't a dog,cat, or the wind, felt chills up and down. So it is a qualified yes I believe.

14. danmcken

danmcken Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 7, 2003
    ghosts and spirits are just away for religous types to explain somthing they cant explain . i think there is somthing in all the sightings but its not dead people science will explain it one day .
    Just because it hasnt been explained doesnt meen it cant be explained

15. Blithe

Blithe Jedi Master star 4

Jun 24, 2003
    Who knows...

16. Zephir

Zephir Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 7, 1999
    Well, after deciding that I was insane and then being convinced that I'm not *entirely* crazy, I have to say that even tho' I have no proof to offer others, the spiritual world is more real than the one we see. Think Matrix, before they jacked it up. :D

17. 7-7-7

7-7-7 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 15, 2002
    I absolutely believe in ghosts, spirits, or whatever you want to call them. There are just too many stories and facts pointing to their existence, and much too little pointing away.

Also, I have a belief that some of the "ghosts" are echoes from the past or future, which are projected through time because two cosmic strings came close enough to each other to create a disturbance in time and thereby project the light, sound, heat, etc. at some unpredictable time in some unexpected place. (This isn't science fiction, this sort of thing really does happen)

18. droideka27

droideka27 Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 28, 2002
    Nah - probably not

I dont think so, but there is a possibilty I am wrong. :)

19. Zyrkon

Zyrkon Jedi Youngling

Apr 22, 2004
    - Probably not

Things happened to me in the past, but they all can be explain rationaly. I remember when I was 7 or 8, my parents where in vacations for a while and my grandmother was at home watching me. I went to sleep pretty early (just before sunset) and after a while, I opened my eyes and saw a big white and blurry shape just above me :eek:. As I screamed, the shape kind of merge with the wall and became my bedroom's window.

As time got by, I realized that it was indeed my window that I saw that evening. As Joe Nickell explain in his (excellent) book Real-life X-Files, investigating the paranormal :

These examples are typical of many ghost sightings that are due to common "waking dreams," an experience that occurs when someone is just going to sleep or waking up and perceives ghosts, lights, or other strange imagery.(p.116)

But still, if I ever come face to face with a real ghost, I know I'll bore him with my questions ;).

20. darthtenbiscuits

darthtenbiscuits Jedi Grand Master star 7

Sep 7, 2001
    We are spirits

in a material world

are spirits

in a material world

21. jedi_john_33

jedi_john_33 Jedi Master star 7

Sep 26, 2003
    i have seen what i believe to be a ghost.

22. JediLeeora

JediLeeora Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 22, 2004
    Yup! Well if your moms profesion is being a Phykcic and talks to the dead then ya I guess you would belive. :) (Not JK)

23. go-away

go-away Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 21, 2003
    Yep, most positively, even if they are just in people's imagination.

24. stradman

stradman Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 14, 2002
    Yes I believe they exist. Many would doubt it. but Spirits, and Demons, and Angels all exist and are working in the world today.

25. MaraJade2006

MaraJade2006 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 9, 2003
    Nope. I don't believe they exist.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.