main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Do "humans" come from one specific planet, or all over?

Discussion in 'Star Wars Community' started by VaderDarkLordofSith, Feb 23, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. VaderDarkLordofSith

VaderDarkLordofSith Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 3, 2003
    All alien species seem to have a home planet. To "aliens", humans are aliens. Did all original humans spawn from on specific planet like Wookiees to Kashyyak? I mean, they have to have an origin. Where? Not Earth...

comments and information please.

2. KenKenobi

KenKenobi Chosen One star 6

Jul 11, 2002
    Humans evolved on Corellia about 1,000,000 million years before the events of ANH, but I'm not positive they are the first or only humans at that time.

I know that human colonists arrived on Alderaan 27,500 years before the events of ANH, and so that implies that humans evolved on other worlds as well (as colonists took new technology and colonized other worlds).

I'm sure that "humans", in all of their forms, came from a number of planets about the time that the Corellian human race came about as well. ;)

Ken Kenobi- And you have a nice day ;)

3. MandalorianJango

MandalorianJango Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 2, 2003
    I agree with Ken Kenobi.

4. CmdrMitthrawnuruodo

CmdrMitthrawnuruodo Force Ghost star 6

Jul 1, 2000
    Where did you learn that Humans originated from Corellia?

5. exar-tull

exar-tull Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 22, 2001
    the humans of star wars are presumed to have evlove on coruscant but they don't truely know where humans came from,human have had long enougf to develop indendant culthers of their on other homeworld like corellia where its not as much of a concern for them because they have their own homeworlds.

unless it changed i never heard that they evolved on corellia,i have only heard coruscant as a possabilty.

6. jamesdrax

jamesdrax Jedi Grand Master star 6

Aug 30, 2000
    I always thought the "humans" in Star Wars evolved on Earth, but over thousands of years, the planet died out and they eventually settled other planets like Naboo, Alderaan and Corellia.

7. Master Salty

Master Salty Jedi Grand Master star 6

Apr 18, 1999
    I've always thought humans came from all over but originated on Earth or an Earth-like planet.

8. farraday

farraday Jedi Knight star 7

Jan 27, 2000
    Where do humans come from?

I'll tell you when you're older.

There are two likey scenarios.

One: Humans have a single home planet(not Earth, this is, after all, a long time ago in a galaxy far far away) and upon reaching the stars fragmented, whereas other species stayed togeather. Possible scenario's include they expanded long distances at sublight speeds and it took a long time to invent faster then light travel. The colonies set up grew in their own right, seperated from the home planet, into their own cultures and governments.

Two: In an amazing feat of convergent evolution, several species very similar started on several homeworlds, none of which would be considered humans as they're known today, however the similarity fo their genetic structure combined with widespread interbreeding led to the rise of humanity, an amalgam of several similar but different species. Over the millenia the original species died out as they interbred.

Either one offers you interesting possibilites.

Actually there is a third choice, that humans, in a spectacular arguement for divine planning, evolved on sepreate planets exactly the same. While we can't know the chances of this from personal experience, I'd put it down there as vanishingly unlikely.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.