main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Do Not Weep (Over 30 Writer's Club Challenge) Character death, Kyp Durron

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Jedi_Lover, Jul 11, 2013.

1. Jedi_Lover

Jedi_Lover Chosen One star 5

Nov 1, 2004
    I wrote this very quickly today for the challenge. I hate writing deaths. I just couldn't bring myself to write about Luke, Leia, Ben or Han dying, so I killed off Kyp.

~JL~

The sound of a woman screaming jolted forty-five year old Jedi Master, Ben Skywalker, from a deep slumber. He opened his eyes letting them adjust to the dim light of his sparse sleeping chamber at the Jedi Academy. For a moment he wasn’t sure if he was dreaming or not. Often he had nightmares that would rouse him out of bed, heart pounding and his sweat soaked body trembling. He was being treated for Post Traumatic Stress Disorder after he witnessed the massacre on Kesh. He watched thousands die on both sides of the war. The fact that his father survived was a divine blessing from the Force. Many of his friends never came home.

He threw off his bed sheets and listened, reaching out with the Force, to determine if somebody was in trouble or his night terrors had simply returned. In the distance he could hear what sounded like a woman crying... and it sounded like it was coming from the adjoining chamber.

“That’s Kyp’s room,” he muttered to himself somewhat confused. Kyp Durron was a senior Jedi Master within the order. The man was in his seventies, but finding women in his room was not an uncommon event. After Jaina Solo married Jagged Fel, a heartbroken Kyp threw himself into a philandering lifestyle and, despite his age, he was still known to date many young, beautiful women.

Ben dressed quickly and went out into the hallway where he could hear the whimpering much clearer. He knocked at Kyp’s door and then depressed the keypad, but the door was locked. He could open the door using the Force but he decided to announce himself first. He knocked on the metallic door and called out. “Kyp! Open up, it’s Ben. Whoever’s in there please open up.”

The door slid open and Ben was confronted with a scantily clad young woman, probably no older than twenty years of age. She wore a silky lingerie outfit that covered very little and was so sheer it was almost like wearing nothing at all. Ben noticed the dark hair, dark eyed beauty looked very much like a young Jaina Solo…just the way Kyp liked his women. The Jaina-look-alike was crying uncontrollably and near hysterics. “He disappeared!”

“What?” Ben said as he looked around for something to cover up the young woman’s very exposed body. He saw Kyp’s Jedi cloak hanging on a hook near the closet. He reached out his hand and called the garment to him using the Force. He draped the cloak over the young woman’s shoulders. “Where’s Kyp?”

“He disappeared! We were…we were having sex when he suddenly called out 'Oh Goddess, Goddess!'” She wiped tears from her face. “He always called me Goddess when he…well you know.”

Blood flushed his cheek in embarrassment. “Yes, I know what you mean,” Ben replied knowingly, not telling the young woman that Goddess was Kyp’s nickname for Jaina. Ben often wondered how a man could be infatuated with one woman for over fifty years. “Show me where you last saw him.”

The distraught young lady walked to the bedroom of the apartment. There he found a large bed with rumpled bed sheets and evidence of an intimate earlier encounter. Ben shook his head wondering how Kyp managed to attract so many women. Ben was so awkward when it came to romance he was shocked he managed to convince his wife to marry him. Of course spending long hours on Jedi missions together helped. He wished his wife wasn’t off planet. He would much rather have her take care of this situation.

“So you were having sex and afterwards he left?”

She shook her head adamantly. “No, he couldn’t have left, he was cuffed to the bed. He called out Goddess, closed his eyes and then faded away, until I was the only one left in the room.”

The realization of what happened suddenly hit him. “Oh.” He put his hand on the woman’s shoulder and guided her out of the room. “I’m so sorry, but when a Jedi dies, he often disappears and becomes one with the Force.”

“He died while we were making love!” the young woman screeched and Ben was sure the entire academy must have heard that. And he was right. Jedi Master Valin Horn came running into the room.

“What’s going on?”

Ben walked the crying woman over to the couch and encouraged her to sit down. “Kyp died and disappeared becoming one with the Force.”

“Oh,” Valin said sadly and then looked over at the young woman. “Did she witness it?”

Ben blushed profusely. “They were having sex when it happened.”

Despite the horror of losing a close friend both Ben and Valin couldn’t contain a half smirk. “At least he died doing what he loved.”

Ben smiled at his friend’s comment. After years of war, horrific deaths, decapitations and torture…dying with a beautiful woman in your bed really wasn’t a bad way to go.

“Yes, yes he did.” Ben said softly. “He died loving and not fighting. That’s not a bad way to go at all.”

2. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    JL, LOL you are incorrigible and I love it! =D= You made Kypster a bad, wild boy [face_laugh] [face_mischief] BTW, I love all your over-30 bunnies relating to L/M. ;) [:D] Especially Luke kissing Mara after he gives his dad's lightsaber to her and/or she, not Leia, saves him from the Byss fiasco. :cool:

Gemma likes this.
  3. JediMaster_Jen

JediMaster_Jen Force Ghost star 4

Jun 3, 2002
    LOL!! Extremely funny and wonderfully inspired. I guess Kyp went the way he wanted. :p

Jade_eyes likes this.
  4. Briannakin

Briannakin Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 25, 2010
    Lol. Only you, JL, could and would write something like that. It was great.

Jade_eyes likes this.
  5. Falcon

Falcon Chosen One star 10

Feb 7, 2002
    Kyp died while making love, what a way to go indeed. Sounds like his heart couldn't take it.

Jade_eyes likes this.
  6. brodiew

brodiew Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 11, 2005
    On one hand I feel sorry for Kyp that her never got over Jaina. On the other hand, I can't say it was a bad way to go. :p

Nice work, Jedi_Lover.

7. Jedi_Lover

Jedi_Lover Chosen One star 5

Nov 1, 2004
    Hey, he was in his late seventies and was making it with twenty-year-olds...he was probably just worn out. [face_laugh]

Yeah that was a bit angsty. Some people are like that. They always remember their first love.

Thanks JediFalcon, brodiew, Jade_eyes, JediMaster_Jen and Briannakin for reading and reviewing! [:D]

8. newdawn12

newdawn12 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 9, 2013
    Great post, fun, and enjoyable.

9. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    Great fun. And what a great way to go for Kyp

Jedi_Lover likes this.
  10. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    I can see Kyp going out like that.
    Bad boy to the end. ;)

Jedi_Lover and Nyota's Heart like this.
  11. Jade_Pilot

Jade_Pilot Jedi Master star 5

Dec 10, 2005
    Okay, that was TOO funny! [face_laugh] When I go out, I want to be eating chocolate. ;)

Jedi_Lover and Nyota's Heart like this.
  12. Gemma

Gemma Jedi Master star 4

Dec 25, 2013
    When I read you decided to kill Kyp, my mind said, WHAT WHY.... but after reading this was a good read and a nice way to go. But sad that he never got over Jaina. I always and still do see them as a great pairing once she got to be about 18.

Jedi_Lover likes this.
  13. NightWatcher91

NightWatcher91 Jedi Knight star 2

Jun 7, 2014
    Amazing tale. Thank you for posting this.

Jedi_Lover likes this.