main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Do people remember you because of your liking of SW?

Discussion in 'Star Wars Community' started by --LadyVader--, Jul 2, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. --LadyVader--

--LadyVader-- Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 27, 2003
    One of the workers at the local comic shop remembers me only because of Star Wars. I think it's kind of cool. He always tells me what's new and what's coming up.

2. Anakin_Sleepwalker

Anakin_Sleepwalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 8, 2000
    The worker at the sci-fi shop remembered me. I would go every weekend to the place and end up buying at least $15 of Star Wars items (cards, action figures; basically whatever I could get my hands on) on each visit.

However, by now he has probably forgotten me. A little more than 2 years ago I stopped collecting because I was spending too much money. I was 11 years old at the time, and had already spent more than $1000. For a child that relies on a fixed income (in other words allowance), that is a lot of cash.

3. effortless_skill

effortless_skill Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 27, 2003
    i am going to buy the millenim falcon lego set today at the toys r us in times square maybe they will remeber me. not to bring color to the issue but i am "brother" and people always look at me weird for being a fan of sw ,like i am not allowed to be one.and i am not a causal fan i am as hardcore as they come . when i by comics and books they look really surprised but actually i love it ,i feel special :D

4. JangoFett316

JangoFett316 Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 2, 2001
    Before I graduated I was known around school as being a Jedi.
    I wrote Jedi down as my religion on a school survey and people knew exactly who it was.
    Maybe it had something to do with me wearing my Anakin boots to school...hmmm...

5. --LadyVader--

--LadyVader-- Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 27, 2003
    I told the hospital my religion was Jedi. I even showed them my official fan club membership card. The nurse thought it was cute. So was she. [face_blush]

I'm also pretty hardcore. I just bought $160 worth of SW trade paperbacks tonight.

6. Lieutenant_Page

Lieutenant_Page Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 17, 2001
    There was one guy in my German class who didn't know my name, but knew me as the "girl-who-likes-Star-Wars." He actually called me that in front of the class too; quite amusing.

Also, Queen Amidala was a nickname my chem teacher used on me and I was voted "Most likely to go to Mars" in HS, due to my SW obsession.

7. FurryDuck

FurryDuck Jedi Master star 4

Apr 2, 2001
    When I was in elementary school, I was known (along with my best friend) as the Star Wars maniac. After going on to junior high, less people knew about it since there were so many people there I didn't know. However, sometimes when I talked to someone that I hadn't talked to since sixth grade, they always ask me if I'm still a "Star Wars Freak". "Yes, of course I am," I answer.

8. Bjork

Bjork Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 21, 2002
    My English teacher last year always expected a Star Wars related piece to be handed in and seemed to think something was wrong if it was anything different. 8-}

9. AERYN_SUN

AERYN_SUN Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 1, 2001
    It's okay for awhile to be remembered that you love Star Wars. I remember one time when I walked into English class (my English teacher knew I loved Star Wars) he asked me if I had gotten tickets.

I told him I was the first one on stage to buy one (I wanted so much to go to prom). Obviously, he asked if I had bought tickets already to see Episode II. I smiled, shrugged, said no and sat down at my regular seat.

Also, once people catch on that I'm a Star Wars fan, that's the only thing they talk to me about. (this gets really boring and annoying sometimes, because they think this is the only thing I think about when it isn't).

~aeryn

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.