main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Do the Clones Answer to Darth Sidious?

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by LottDodd, Apr 29, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LottDodd

LottDodd Jedi Master star 4

Oct 4, 2002
    When Mace Windu Called Palpatine "My Lord" He already Knew Palpatine was The Dark Lord of the Sith, and thus He Was Adressing a Sith Lord Properly.

Amidala... elected or not... is royalty. Once a Queen, she will always have that Honorarium. After a President leaves office we still call him "Mr. President".

2. darth-sinister

darth-sinister Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 28, 2001
    *sighs.*

LAMA SU: "Yes, a clone army. And, I must say, one of the finest we've ever created."

OBI-WAN: "Tell me, Prime Minister, when my Master first contacted you about the army, did he say who it was for?"

LAMA SU: "Of course he did. This army is for the Republic."

^^^^^^Made for the Republic.

LAMA SU: "You'll find they are totally obedient, taking any order without question. We modified their genetic structure to make them less independent than the original host."

^^^^^^^Totally loyal to the Republic. They will do whatever is said, without question. Sifo-Dyas claimed that he was ordering them for the Republic. Not for himself or the Jedi Order. And who has control over the Senate?

PALPATINE: "I am the Senate!"

It is in there. You just have to pay attention to the dialogue. Listen to Obi-wan and Lama Su talk. You don't need the novelization, the New Essential Chronology and the like to figure it out.

3. DarthDubya05

DarthDubya05 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 1, 2005
    Yeah. it also said in the Labyrinth of Evil novel that Dooku arranged for the Clone Army to be paid for through Various Method, so nobody would trace it back to him or Palpatine.

What i want to know is, Assuming Sifo-Dyas wasn't killed, what would he have told The Jedi Council when they discovered the army, and how was he going to pay for it?

4. darth-sinister

Jun 28, 2001
    He probably would've told the Jedi that he forsaw their needing help and that he took a great risk. As to the funds, he would've probably turned to someone who had funds that he could trust to help with payment.

5. sabarte

sabarte Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 8, 2005
    The reason that I think Darth Sidious can take control of the clones is that I can't see Palpatine risking the loss of control of the army if he is somehow evicted from the chancellorship (i.e - Dooku dies on Geonosis).

6. sabarte

Sep 8, 2005
    It's interesting to think if Dooku had any control over the clones, given that he ordered them and could presumably have altered the order if he wished. Jango knew he and the clones were working for Dooku.

7. Green_Destiny_Sword

Green_Destiny_Sword Force Ghost star 5

Jun 20, 2001
    Interesting point. And what about Boba? He basically has all the secrets of the galaxy and is just out in space chilling.

Not to mention that he's related to all the clones. lol.

But really, just going by the films, we really have no reason to think any Jedi could possibly affort to order millions of clones and ships and weapons for all of them. It's beyond implausible. Where are Jedi getting money from like that? Come on...

All that is moot anyway since we know Sifo Dyas did NOT order the clones. And as for how Sidious was somehow able to program himself as the ultimate commander of the clones is also a mystery. One would think that the clones would be loyal to the Jedi if anything since the Kaminoans thought a Jedi master was buying them. The Kaminoans never mention any other owners.

It's just not explained. And neither is Obi Wan's lack of concner about their actual origin.

8. JediCleric

JediCleric Jedi Knight star 1

Jul 27, 2004
    Since it was Palpatine himself who initiated the need for, order, and training of, the entire Jango-induced Clone Army, it only goes to pure logic and direct reasoning that he initiated the proper protocol to his rule and command when the proper time arose.

9. SEPARATESICKLEROOK2

SEPARATESICKLEROOK2 Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 1, 2003
    No, it is clear that the clone commanders had been disciplined to respond to any order that would come from Lord Sidious, the clones after all were commissioned by the Sith (who came to the kaminoans in the guise of Jedi). Sidious had all the angles mapped out.

10. Darthdias

Darthdias Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 12, 2004
    The Clones obey orders without question from their superior officers. Now, the Jedi generals are their masters on the battle feild, but the Chancellor outranks them. He is the supreme commander and thus the highest military authority in the Republic. An order from the Chancellor overrides all others.

It is not neccessary for the clones to know that he is Darth Sidious. As I've said, "My Lord" is an old fashioned way of paying respect to a superior. I watched Braveheart last night and the term "My Lord" was used quite frequently by the english. It is also used in Lord of the Ring. It is not something that just Sith lords are called.

11. LottDodd

Oct 4, 2002
    It was used quite often for the english not because they are "Old Fashioned" But because they are ROYALTY. KINGS, EMPERORS, DUKES, NOBLES BY BIRTH and of Course SITH LORDS go by these titles. POLITICIANS, CHANCELORS, ELECTED OFFICIALS of a DEMOCRACY like the Republic do not. Supreme Chancellor Valorum would never be adressed as "My Lord". It is just a subtle sign of how the empire's ethos is fundemaentaly antathema to the old republic ideals.

12. MASTER_DOODOO

MASTER_DOODOO Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 15, 2005
    The clones should never have addressed Palpatine as "My Lord". They should have used "Sir" and maybe "My Emperor." That's all.

13. LottDodd

Oct 4, 2002
    Palpatine had not yet declared that he was emperor at the time. So unless the Clones were "In" on his plan, they would have no idea to address him as such. However, if they've been refering to him as My Lord in secret for years...

14. Darthdias

Darthdias Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 12, 2004
    But in an earlier draft of Return of the Jedi, Vader addressed Grand Moff Jerjerrod as "My Lord", and he wasn't a noble. Since Mace Windu and the clones addressed the Chancellor that way, I think it's safe to say that at least in the Star wars universe, the Chancellor can be called that. At least I think it fits. Mas Amedda's use of "Master" is however not something evryone would say.

15. SEPARATESICKLEROOK2

SEPARATESICKLEROOK2 Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 1, 2003
    You are overlooking the fact that Palpatine was getting dressed in his Sith Robes to give the Order, not as the Chancellor, but as Darth Sidious. Everyone who dealt with the Sith Lord responded to him as "My Lord". Usually the way they communicated with him was via hologram. Yes, yes, yes, the clones answer to Darth Sidious!

16. darth-sinister

Jun 28, 2001
    Boba is an unaltered clone. He was created for Jango, by his own request, so that he could have a son without knocking up some chick and then killing her nine months later. A small price to pay to get the best.

The ships belong to the Republic to begin with. The weapons were paid for by Dooku.

Not according to Lucasfilm Liscensing. Sifo-Dyas ordered them, Dooku paid for them.

The Clone Army was created for the Republic, not for the Jedi Order. What part of that don't you get? The Jedi Order works with the Republic until Palpatine declares that the Jedi are traitors through Order 66, which is not a program. It is a directive taught by the Kaminoans.

Why be concerned? One of their own made it for the Jedi Order. There is no proof that the Sith were involved.

Do yourself a favor, watch AOTC and pay attention. Your answers are there.

Just cause Palpatine chooses to wear a robe, doesn't make him a Sith. Besides, they weren't even in existence ten years ago. They just call him "My Lord" out of respect, not because he is a Sith Lord. They get a call from the Chancellor's private comlink frequency. They recognize his voice and respond to the orders he gave.

17. sabarte

Sep 8, 2005
    But his voice is the Sidious voice.

If the clones recognize Sidious's voice and hooded appearance as Palpatine, why don't the CIS leaders?

18. darth_barkus

darth_barkus Jedi Youngling

May 3, 2006
    well the clones are to follow there orders by anyone as u here from in AOTC.
    they are also called the emerency powers in AOTC by jar jar in the senite so all the power was given to the seniate. and as palatine was in control over it all he had control over all the clones.

thats what gave him the power to control the clone to give out order 66 in order to control the galaxy.
    in my opion.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.