main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Do the gods love us?

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Killik_Twilight, Apr 18, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Killik_Twilight

Killik_Twilight Jedi Master star 4

Apr 6, 2005
    Author: Killik_Twilight
    Genre: NJO
    Characters: Tsavong Lah
    Story: The warmaster?s father, Czulkang Lah, has been killed in orbit over the planet of Borleais, causing the warmaster to doubt the gods? love for his race.
    Notes: What might Tsavong Lah think about his father?s death, after Enemy Lines II?

Do the gods Love us?

?Do the gods love us??

This question played over and over in Tsavong Lah?s mind as he sat in his command chair aboard Domain Dal.

?Do the gods love us??

No. They had permitted his father, the great Czulkang Lah, to die, killed by infidel treachery when the Domain Hul worldship over Borleais had been destroyed. The gods had permitted Jaina Solo and her infidel compatriots to trick his father into death. Not that dying in battle was not an honorable death. But to be tricked into dying, by an infidel . . . he could imagine no worse fate.

Yes, because the gods had given the Yuuzhan Vong Coruscant. Yes, because the glorious Yuuzhan Vong had retaken Borleais.

Yes, because the Yuuzhan Vong were defeating the faithless infidels.

Yet somehow they had failed, for Czulkang Lah, the epitome of what it meant to be a Yuuzhan Vong, was dead.

Dead, at an infidel?s hand.

?Do the gods love us??

No. A shining light of the Yuuzhan Vong was gone. Czulkang Lah had developed all of the strategies that the Yuuzhan Vong had used to take this galaxy. If the infidels could defeat him, what did that mean for the rest of the species who had once been favored by the gods?

Could they now favor the Trickster? Could they now favor the infidels, who at the beginning of the war, the Yuuzhan Vong had taken a solemn oath to destroy?

Yes. The gods could not favor the infidels. After all of the blood spilled, the captives sacrificed, the worlds taken . . . surely the gods, especially Yun-Yammka, could not help but be pleased.

What then could it be?

Do the gods love us?

[fin]

Hello! Yup, a new post and a vignette one after the other! *what am I thinking . . . ?* I hope you enjoy this!

KT

2. JediCallista_1_6_e54

JediCallista_1_6_e54 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 3, 2005
    YES! First review! As I said before, love the viggie!

3. NenYim

NenYim Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 6, 2004
    Ooh, very interesting. I like how you wrote both yes and no to the question, and finished it with a question. It makes a sort of thinking quality to the vignette. Great job! :)

4. Vongchild

Vongchild Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 2, 2004
    Awesome!

5. Anastasia_Fel

Anastasia_Fel Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 10, 2004
    ^^ That pretty much sums up my opinion ;)

6. YodaKenobi

YodaKenobi Former TFN Books Staff star 6 VIP

May 27, 2003
    Nice to see someone try and get in the heads of the YV :) Having Lah questioning his own faith was an interesting approach and it was well done :)

7. SilSolo

SilSolo Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 5, 2004
    Beautiful! I like this underused character of Tsavong Lah! Definitely beautiful!

8. Killik_Twilight

Killik_Twilight Jedi Master star 4

Apr 6, 2005
    Jacee: YES! First review! As I said before, love the viggie!

Thanks! I appreciate your reading this!

NenYim: Ooh, very interesting. I like how you wrote both yes and no to the question, and finished it with a question. It makes a sort of thinking quality to the vignette. Great job!

Thank you! I didn't think it would complete unless Lah went through both yes and no (and that's just the way I am, have to see both sides), and finishing with a question just made it seem, well, more dire for Lah. Finally, thanks!

Vongchild: Awesome!

Thanks!

Sam: And your opinion is always greatly appreciated. Thanks!

YodaKenobi: Well, they are all heartless monsters. And unless I'm wrong, Lah actually did question his faith in the NJO. Can't remember which book, though.

Thanks for reading!

SilSolo: Thanks for reading! Lah is underused, isn't he? Then again, on Behind the Scars, we've discussed (somewhat) the underuse of YV in general.

9. DarthIshtar

DarthIshtar Chosen One star 10

Mar 26, 2001
    Great concept.

10. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    Unique and creative viggie. Don't think I've read anything like it and I am most impressed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.