main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

do the jedi and the sith get stronger all through the saga?

Discussion in 'Star Wars Saga In-Depth' started by TALL_CANS_IN_THE_AIR, Aug 23, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TALL_CANS_IN_THE_AIR

TALL_CANS_IN_THE_AIR Jedi Youngling star 1

May 29, 2005
    I mean like, do you think the force users get even stronger with the force every movie?

but then we have the classic trilogy, that kinda messes up the whole thing becuase I don't think know if the a ot vader, and the ot obi-wan are stronger then the pt vader and obi, I duno what are your thoughts?

2. Arwen Sith

Arwen Sith Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 30, 2005
    No, they're not stronger IMO. The cyborg Vader lost some of his strength as he was maimed, so he never reached his full potential. Obi-wan spent over 20 years not using his Force powers much, hiding from the Empire. So they were much stronger in the PT than in the OT.

3. MickyJedi

MickyJedi Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 7, 2005
    When one side of the Force becomes stronger, the other one becomes weaker. They are complementary.
    In the PT we can see the Dark Side getting stronger and stronger, while Jedi lose their clarity (remember that they couldn't see that a Sith master was already leading the senate. They began to think of this when Dooku told them. And so on).
    The OT begins with the Dark Side at its height, while the Light Side is near to zero. But as Luke grows stronger through the three eps, the Dark Side begins to fall... that's why Vader could turn to the Light Side again, at the end.

4. TALL_CANS_IN_THE_AIR

TALL_CANS_IN_THE_AIR Jedi Youngling star 1

May 29, 2005
    hmmm well whatever then.

5. Master_Mace_Windows

Master_Mace_Windows Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 18, 2005
    In lack of something better i could say the duels in the PT are faster than the OT ones

None of them in the OT are that strong, or were able to show it, Sidious doesn't even use a saber in ROTJ, Vader was maimed, Luke was a beginner, ObiWan was old, etc

6. Grand_Admiral_Grant

Grand_Admiral_Grant Ex-Mod star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 30, 2004
    I think it's just a matter or crappy filming techniques back when they made the OT. Nothing else.

Besides, we only have like 3 OT duels to compare to. 2 times a student in the force (Luke) against a mutilated guy in a life-support suit and once a very old guy against the mutilated guy again. What kind of great saber-fights did you expect from those? :p

7. Master_Mace_Windows

Master_Mace_Windows Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 18, 2005
    :p you got that right O:)

In the PT them all are in their prime I can notice.

8. darkside61490

darkside61490 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 1, 2005
    I believe Micky Jedi, in that each side is complimentary. I also believe, however, that, what determines the balance is the use of each side.

In the PT, the Jedi have ruled for several hundred years, with thousands of knights, whom have drained the Light side of the Force by their constant usage of it, while the Sith have existed with only two members, barely using the Force so not to be noticed. This gave much more power to the Dark Side, as we saw.

In the OT, however, Palpatine, Vader, and their cohorts have been using the Force, while what was left of the Jedi used it barely at all, giving strength to the Light Side, and weakening the Dark Side.

9. Mandalorian-Jedi

Mandalorian-Jedi Jedi Youngling star 3

May 28, 2005
    But the Force is infinite....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.