main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Do the Sith have a POV about the prophecy?

Discussion in 'Archive: Revenge of the Sith' started by r8hitman, Jul 28, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. r8hitman

r8hitman Jedi Master star 4

Mar 30, 2004
    Have any EU authors touched on this subject?

(I really dont even follow the EU but I need SOMETHING....ep.3 just left us hanging.)

2. Darth_Muffins

Darth_Muffins Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 30, 2004
    Not sure. I have not read any books. I have both the Novel and Labrynth of Evil but have not touched them yet. But out of all the discussions ive seen about the prophecy, nobody has ever mentioned the prophecy other than what is seen and told in the movies....although, I have bad memory so I could be wrong.

3. r8hitman

Mar 30, 2004
    Here ya go 017

;)

4. TheLightSide

TheLightSide Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 29, 2005
    Sidious is really in for a great surprise.

We say that Sidious can forsee the future, but he really cannot, only when the Force wants him to.

The Force wants to bring Balance to itself--which is eliminating the Sith, especially the Sith Lord.

How does Palpatine/Sidious/Emperor see the future? Through the Force.

But the Force is trying to eliminate him, because he is the Sith Lord!!

Premise: The Force must "tolerate" Sidious as long as he does not make a move against the Chosen One, and try to kill him.

Sidious must not really believe the Prophecy. If he did, he may not hurling down that elevator shaft like he is right now. AAaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa....

5. r8hitman

Mar 30, 2004
    I'm bringing this topic back up because I'm curious to know what you guys think about it.

1.Do you think that Sidious believes that Anakin bringing "balance" to the force was eliminating the jedi?

2.Or do you think that he is just trying to "go against" the prophecy?

I personally believe it's number 1, the sith seem to believe everything that the jedi do, except it seems to be a little twisted. And the sith probably do believe in "balance" to the force, but their idea of balance is going to be different than the jedi.

This is the only logical explanation for keeping Vader around, not to mention his comments, "Darth Vader will become more powerful than either of us".

It seems to me that EVERYONE (not just the jedi) have put a lot of faith in Anakin to fulfill what they believe to be the prophecy.

6. Darth_Bobman

Darth_Bobman Jedi Youngling

Nov 9, 2004
    The prophecy is simple no matter how much anyone tries to manipulate it. The chosen one will bring the force back into balance and henceforth, Anakin does just that.

Darth_Bobman

7. r8hitman

Mar 30, 2004
    OK, well what about Sidious' point of view concerning the prophecy?o_O

That's really what I was talking about anyway. Not just the prophecy itself.

8. Force-Keeper

Force-Keeper Jedi Master star 5

Jun 16, 2004
    Sidious? point of view of the prophecy is the same as the Jedi?s point of view. Anakin was meant to bring balance by killing of the Sith. The reason why he keep Anakin around is simply because if he lets him go on his own path the prophecy will be fulfilled, and that?s something he most deffinently does not want to happen.

Anyway, the prophecy is the same to the Jedi and the Sith. Sidious just thinks that if he has control over Anakin, it won?t come true.

9. r8hitman

Mar 30, 2004
    I dont buy that because it's been said numerous times that Sidious doesnt look at himself or his ways as just being flat out "evil".

He thinks his way, is the right way. (the "true" nature of the force)

Sidious: "Good is a point of view, Anakin".

10. Darth_Bobman

Darth_Bobman Jedi Youngling

Nov 9, 2004
    It doesn't matter really what ANYONE's point of view was where the prophecy was concerned because as I said, no matter what anyone tried to do to manipulate it, it would still work in the notion that Anakin would bring balance. Sidious' point of view concerning the prophecy is irrelevant, even though, OK, it has some meaning because even though he might have tried to manipulate it, it wouldn't have mattered and that in some ways mirrored his final downfall because of his overconfidence. The Jedi just wanted to bring the force back into balance. Both the light and the dark had their own notions about the prophecy, but at the end of the day, the prophecy was not manipulative so even though Anakin turned, he would still bring balance. In other words, one could say that by taking on Anakin as his new apprentice, Sidious orchestrated his own downfall, but if he didn't, he still would have been defeated but I believe that the intention was for him to turn to the dark side as this was the only way his power could be powerful enough in order to challenge and destroy Sidious. Just a thought.

Darth_Bobman

11. Force-Keeper

Force-Keeper Jedi Master star 5

Jun 16, 2004
    Well, anyone who's evil and does bad things always thinks they're doing the right thing and doesn't see that what they?re doing is totally wrong. I mean, look at Anakin. That's a perfect example right there.

12. darth-sinister

darth-sinister Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 28, 2001
    Fixed the title upon request.

13. r8hitman

Mar 30, 2004
    Thanks.[face_peace]

14. SSIntimidator

SSIntimidator Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 24, 2003
    Maybe someone should ask Sidious what his POV on the prophecy is...

Like you said, option 1 was Anaking wiping out the Jedi to bring balance. That's half true. By wiping out the sith it was the other half. Destroying basically every known force user save for Luke brough balance because, at the time, Luke shared qualities of both the Sith and Jedi, thus being balanced on both sides of the force. If Luke was 100% Jedi like in that he didn't have anger, hatred, revenge, etc. there'd be no balance, it would be one sided again.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.