main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Do they make 3-D movies any more?

Discussion in 'Archive: The Amphitheatre' started by BobaFrank, Sep 27, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BobaFrank

BobaFrank Jedi Youngling star 5

Jul 17, 2001
    I think the last one was one of the Nightmare on Elm Street flicks.

Does anyone remember JAWS 3-D and Friday the 13th pt.3 in 3-D? :D

2. Iwishiwasajedi

Iwishiwasajedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 24, 2002
    This sounds more like a Jedi Council Community question. Tey asking there. :)

3. BobaFrank

Jul 17, 2001
    No. The JC is for people to get to know other users and discuss personal issues and subjects.

The amphitheater is to discuss art, FILM, etc..

Last time I checked 3-D movies were still a part of film. Sorry if I sound like a smart A. I read the definitions clearly before I started the post because I thought it might have gone in the JC but it is a discussion for the amphitheater.

BTW, Do you know if they still make 3-D movies?

4. Obi-Wan2001

Obi-Wan2001 Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 6, 2001
    Yes, Boba Frank, not only do I remember them, I saw Jaws 3-D, Treasure of the Four Crowns, and Spacehunter: Adventures in the Forbidden Zone in the theaters. Loved them when I was a kid. Unfortunately, it's an era long gone, and I don't see it making a comeback any time soon. I wish some midnight theaters would at least bring some of those 80's classics back so we can see them again the way they were meant to be seen.

5. Qui-Gon Zero

Qui-Gon Zero Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 26, 1999
    A Nightmare on Elm Street 6 is the last 3-D movie that I had seen. I loved the novelty of it, but I really don't think that'll ever make a comeback.

The idea of bringing them back at midnight theaters is a cool idea, but I think they should do that with any types of movies that you wish you could have seen on the big screen. I'd deffinately jump at the idea of watching some old favorites on the big screen.

6. Obi-Wan2001

Obi-Wan2001 Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 6, 2001
    I saw Freddy's Dead: The Final Nightmare at the theaters too. The last 20 minutes or so was in 3-D. Anybody remember what the dialogue was about that clued the audience in that it was time to put on the glasses?

7. Thena

Thena Chosen One star 7

May 10, 2001
    Yes they are. The best 3-D movies of recent years have been IMAX movies, which unfortunately means that anyone who doesn't live near an IMAX doesn't really get a chance to see them... :(

8. BobaFrank

Jul 17, 2001
    Does anybody remember the glasses and how your weren't supposed to wear them all the time because they would hurt you eyes? :D

As kids we thought they were cool. :cool:

9. DarthMak

DarthMak Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 4, 2001
    I never saw Friday the 13th Part 3 in 3-D. I'm a diehard Jason fan and I desparetely want to see it in 3-D. Some of the effects on my VHS of the movie are cheesy, and are obviously more fit for 3-D viewing.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.