side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth-Seldon

Darth-Seldon Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 17, 2003
    Following old Descartes we really don't know.
    The absolute truth being: coginto ergo sum.
    I think therefore I am.
    I know I exist because I think.
    I don't know if anyone else exists.

There is no way to prove that this is not all some elaborate dream and that none of you exist and that this is all in my head.

Assuming you do exist, there is no way for you to know if anyone else is real. All you know is that you think so you exist.

I did not exist 17 years ago. It this some elaborate hallucination in time and space.

We don't know anything.
    You could be the only intelligent being in the universe and you created all of this in your head.

How do we know that 2+2=4? To quote Orwell there?

We don't know
    We don't know
    We don't know.

Thoughts?

Now if we exist how do we know that everything we see is real. Those with schizophrenia see things that we assume are not there. What if those things do exist? What if we all see things which are not there but think they are? What if all of us see things which don't exist and the hallucination was placed in our heads by something more powerful?

How do you know there is a God?
    How?
    How do you know the universe is infinite?

Thoughts?

Is everything black and white or is there a gray?

How do I know that the blue I see is the same blue you see. What if the colors appear different to all of us. We really don't know. What if the blue I see is the yellow that someone else sees. What if we all see different colors? Could other colors exist?

If you believe in an afterlife, what is it like?

How phony are you?
    Do you smile and say hello to people you can't stand day after day?

-Seldon

2. comet1440

comet1440 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 25, 2004
    The answer do this is thart we never did know, we dont know and we never will know. probabaly ever.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.