main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Orlando, FL Do we have a City Representative?

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by TheGhoest, Nov 7, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheGhoest

TheGhoest Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 24, 2001
    If we do, who is it? If we don't, who should it be?

Also, they said that you have to have frequent events to stay listed. Just keep that in mind.

(If you don't know about this, look at FanForce's FAQ.)

The Ghoest-

2. Delaya

Delaya Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 26, 2001
    I don't think we have one, but I could be mistaken. Does anyone want to volunteer for the job?
    Are there any events planned yet? If not maybe we could start planning one. Any ideas?

3. Minacia_Brightstar

Minacia_Brightstar Jedi Youngling star 5

May 23, 2001
    Howdy folks! :)

Since Hama-Ryu Kinnebi has been promoted to FanForce Global support, I have been chosen to replace him as the FanForce South Regional support admin. I'm here to help out your forum in any way I can.

For a city to have a city rep, it must first be considered an "official" FanForce chapter. There are several steps that must be completed for a group to become official. The main point is that 3 or more people from your area must hold 3 meetings. Most groups start off meeting in public places, just to be safe. Once a group has 3 successful meetings under it's belt, it is then considered an official FanForce chapter. The members of the group then elect their city rep. If you want more information on how to gain official status, let me know. I'll be glad to answer any questions you might have. I can be reached via private message or e-mail at minacia@fanforce.net

Right now, the South Region has three official FanForce chapters: Nashville, Atlanta, and Ft. Lauderdale. As the city rep for Atlanta, I can tell you that it took us a while to get organized. But, once a few brave people decided on a time and place to meet, things took off from there.

4. Ia-Bou

Ia-Bou Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 15, 2001
    ok then...where are we meeting next?

i would like to meet very soon i will see if i can get a room through the university...unless you want to meet more centrally...before we were thinking about the chinese buffet near down town orlando

5. TheGhoest

TheGhoest Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 24, 2001
    Let's get official then!

Stand by for more details...

The Ghoest-

6. Delaya

Oct 26, 2001
    I am standing by anxiously.

7. Minacia_Brightstar

May 23, 2001
    Ah, I see there are a few intrepid souls who are ready to get the ball rolling. ;)

The first thing y'all need to do is to set up a time and place for your first meeting. Once that has been decided, contact me with the meeting information so that I can post it on the FanForce web site. Also, be sure to post the meeting information in this forum.

If you have any questions, or need any further information, please let me know. I'm here to help you. :)

8. Mayo_Solo

Mayo_Solo Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 9, 2001
    I'm new and I don't live in Orlando. Actually I'll probably be commuting. I live in Port. St. Lucie. Probably never heard of it. Anywho when you decide where to meet please send me detailed directions. I'm sorry I can't help choose a place. I don't have a clue as to wjat is in Orlando besides theme parks.

9. Ia-Bou

Jul 15, 2001
    ok guys..the week after thanksgiving...how does that sound?

10. Delaya

Oct 26, 2001
    That week sounds good to me!!! Are we aiming for a weekday or weekend thing?

11. RedFiveProductions

RedFiveProductions Jedi Youngling

Oct 21, 2001
    Me and Chewie-Chew will be there! Weeknights are usually better for us!

12. Ia-Bou

Jul 15, 2001
    How about mid sunday after noon after thanksgiving.... or would you guys like to do it the next weekend after that?

13. Mayo_Solo

Aug 9, 2001
    That sunday after thanksgiving sounds good. Then next weekend I'll be in Tampa.

14. Delaya

Oct 26, 2001
    That Sunday just may work for me. Since I know ahead of time I can get it off from work. Just let me know, if this is a definite date. :)

15. Minacia_Brightstar

May 23, 2001
    I'm glad to see that y'all are trying to get together. When you decide on a time and place to meet, please let me know so that I can post it on the FanForce main page. For a meeting to count toward your official total, it must be announced on the web site.

If anyone has any questions, please contact me via private message or send an e-mail to minacia@fanforce.net.

16. Delaya

Oct 26, 2001
    All in favor of the Sunday after thanksgiving..........

17. Mayo_Solo

Aug 9, 2001
    I. Could it be earlier in the day? Like around 12pm. That way I have enough time to get there. Plus my family will be celebrating my birthday. This meeting would be a great gift.

18. Delaya

Oct 26, 2001
    Is Sunday your Birthday Mayo Solo? Mines Friday. Weird huh? That time sounds good to me. I don't think I'm working at all that day. Anyone else?

19. Mayo_Solo

Aug 9, 2001
    Actually the 30th of this month is my birthday but I'll be at a dance competition then.

20. Ia-Bou

Jul 15, 2001
    ok where are we meeting guys??? how about for times...Sunday at 3:00?

21. Mayo_Solo

Aug 9, 2001
    Could it be around noon. I have to drive 2 hours and my mom will have to cook dinner.

And could someone please give me the directions to wherevr we're going to meet?

thanks bunches.

22. Ia-Bou

Jul 15, 2001
    hey guys, I think that because of thanksgiving a lot of poeple wont show up........should weput this off till december....i have finals in a week so im really busy...but after that i can majorly help advertise this event to be awesome

23. Delaya

Oct 26, 2001
    I'm afraid I have to agree with Ia about few people showing up b/c of Thanksgiving. December sounds good to me, should we say the first or second week of December then? Have it before the holidays.

24. Mayo_Solo

Aug 9, 2001
    2nd week in December sounds good.

25. Delaya

Oct 26, 2001
    Good, second week of December. Which day?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.