main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Do we know how many Jedi are alive during TFA?

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Darth Formidious, Dec 23, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth Formidious

Darth Formidious Jedi Master star 4

Dec 19, 2015
    So I was wondering, how many Jedi are actually alive during 'The Force Awakens'? Apart from Luke obviously. It would be interesting to know of Jedi from the prequels that are still around, perhaps hiding in the corner of a galaxy, perhaps the return of an old Jedi Council member. :D

2. The Supreme Chancellor

The Supreme Chancellor Jedi Master star 4

Sep 4, 2012
    I imagine the new EU will expand on it. Just like the old canon where Obi-Wan and Yoda were the "only" survivors...until we found out there were 50 other surviving Jedi just hanging around the galaxy.

3. Deliveranze

Deliveranze Force Ghost star 6

Nov 28, 2015

Imagine Mace Windu with a cybernetic arm mumbling in the depths of Courscant in a cantina[face_hypnotized]

4. Tommy-wan

Tommy-wan Jedi Knight star 3

Aug 15, 2015
    I think it was mentioned in the movie that Luke was the last Jedi...

5. JediRocks74

JediRocks74 Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 7, 2015
    Luke was the last Jedi. The rest were gone.

6. Darth Formidious

Dec 19, 2015

But I suppose it could stand a chance that Jedi are still surviving, but perhaps not practicing the Jedi way any longer. If Luke being the last Jedi is truly the case, then the end of the Jedi is almost imminent unless something miraculous happens.

Darkspellmaster and KyloSolo like this.
  7. Straudenbecker

Straudenbecker Jedi Master star 3

Nov 22, 2015
    There are 3 possible 4, one master, two who needs two be trained, and one who might come back into the fold.

KyloSolo and Darth Formidious like this.
  8. Maythe14thBeWithYou

Maythe14thBeWithYou Jedi Master star 4

May 26, 2014
    I agree. I don't think we'll see say...Mace Windu or whomever still around in the films (though it'd be cool) but rather we'll see it old characters or new characters created delved into in Cannon material, maybe in some comics or their own novels, which I'd love.

9. Darth Formidious

Dec 19, 2015
    KyloSolo and Deliveranze like this.
  10. Darth Doop

Darth Doop Jedi Master star 4

Apr 24, 2014
    Luke is the last

11. Deliveranze

Nov 28, 2015
    So how are Kanan and Ezra gonna go? It's five years before ANH and don't give me that go into hiding BS. So did Ahsoka and she's back now. I hate when they go into exile because they still can come back....

12. Stoneymonster

Stoneymonster Force Ghost star 4

May 8, 2002
    Jorus C'Baoth obviously.

Destroyed, by the Empire.

13. QueenSabe7

QueenSabe7 Chosen One star 6

Mar 23, 2001
  14. Deliveranze

Nov 28, 2015
    Ezra, Kanan and Ahsoka all are alive. DISNEY going to have a hard time wrapping this up since they can't kill off a 14 year old....

Darkspellmaster likes this.
  15. Maythe14thBeWithYou

Maythe14thBeWithYou Jedi Master star 4

May 26, 2014
    How do you kill off a kid? Yeah, that's a rough one. Maybe Kanan, Ezra, and Ahsoka are in exile in....only the Force knows lol.

16. Stoneymonster

Stoneymonster Force Ghost star 4

May 8, 2002
    They don't have too many choices: exile, somehow rejecting his Jedi stuff and laying low, dying, getting lost somewhere in hyperspace, time travel, it was all a dream, gilligan's island scenario, joining the empire.

Ok they have lots of choices.

Jensaarai-defender likes this.
  17. Among the Clouds

Among the Clouds Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 18, 2001
    This is just my personal hope, but I would love for Rogue One to explain at least one of those presumed deaths.

18. Vindaxxus

Vindaxxus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 29, 2000
    Rey is Kanan's grandaughter....

19. Deliveranze

Nov 28, 2015
    Exile wouldn't work. Luke's in exile, ahsoka was in exile and they come back in several decades. Plus, it t ruins Luke being the last of the Jedi even if he's the only one who could defeat Vader and Palpatine imo. Ezra joining the dark side would be cool. Kanan maybe laying low could work. It still would be like, don't worry Luke, there's at least 3 Jedi living so your not the last. Idk, Disney kinda screwed up with this. Especially since Ezra is kinda marketed as being the next hero. Him rejecting it would be insanely anti climatic imo. Going through hell just to decide nah, I can't do it anymore seems like a cheap way to get rid of the characters. The Clone Wars had no problem executing characters in later seasons, so maybe it will get darker as the show progresses.

20. Darth Formidious

Dec 19, 2015
    [​IMG]

I hate the prequels, but would love to see a Yarael Poof return. For some reason, I always find this guy a complete badass! [face_laugh]

21. a2dmusic

a2dmusic Jedi Master star 4

Mar 4, 2001

Not a kid by 30 years after ROTJ! Could have died as an adult anytime in that post OT span, up to moments before the TFA crawl starts. :p

22. Vindaxxus

Vindaxxus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 29, 2000

Snoke......this is him I swear it....

23. Deliveranze

Nov 28, 2015

Don't be a hater:( just like what ya like[:D]

Darth Formidious likes this.
  24. Vehgah

Vehgah Jedi Knight star 4

May 8, 2014
    Yeah. One.

25. Jedi Master Scorpio

Jedi Master Scorpio Star Wars Television star 5 Staff Member Manager

Oct 24, 2015
    After I watched the Rebels episode "Future of the Force" I always felt that the episode gave an out for at least one of the characters that are Force Sensitive/Jedi to survive. Kanan did say to Ahsoka that the responsibility of hiding/protecting the force sensitive children from the Empire fell to them. So I am curious if they will revisit that idea and how that could work?

Darkspellmaster likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.