main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Do we know how many Jedi are alive during TFA?

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Darth Formidious, Dec 23, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Victorian Time Traveler

Victorian Time Traveler Jedi Master star 3

Nov 20, 2012
    Yaddle's still around. She's for sure been cooking Luke's meals on Skellig Michael.

2. Strange Old Hermit

Strange Old Hermit Jedi Knight star 3

Jul 17, 2015
    Luke was the only Jedi remaining after Yoda's death in ROTJ...we know that for certain. (When gone I am, the last of the Jedi will you be - Yoda")

Ezra, Kanan and Ahsoka either went to the Dark Side or they're toast. That exile business is for the birds.

Jedi Merkurian and a2dmusic like this.
  3. ifleninwasawizard

ifleninwasawizard Jedi Master star 4

Jun 2, 2014
    It's pretty unlikely for any prequel era Jedi to still be around. Ahsoka is possible, but the signs seem to be pointing towards her death on Rebels. Even if she does survive she doesn't consider herself a Jedi after TCW.

I could see Ezra surviving into the ST era. He calls himself a Jedi even though he isn't one technically.

Btw, did TFA state that all the members of Luke's Jedi Order die? It would be interesting if a few of them are still floating around.

4. Strange Old Hermit

Jul 17, 2015
    I believe Yoda would have considered Ezra to be a Jedi as he passed the temple test and was awarded a kyber crystal for his lightsaber by Yoda himself. There's no way Yoda wouldn't have included Ezra and Kanan as Jedi if they were still alive during ROTJ.

whostheBossk likes this.
  5. Darth Formidious

Darth Formidious Jedi Master star 4

Dec 19, 2015
    I agree with that! :)

Deliveranze likes this.
  6. Deliveranze

Deliveranze Force Ghost star 6

Nov 28, 2015

Good good :emperor:

:D

7. ifleninwasawizard

ifleninwasawizard Jedi Master star 4

Jun 2, 2014
    I'll have to watch the episode where he gets the crystal again. Yoda condones Ezra training with Kanan, but I don't recall him completely accepting Ezra into the Jedi Order. I suppose this isn't the place for this discussion, but there is a question about when Yoda stops being a hardline traditionalist. In the PT he seems to dislike any deviation from the old ways the Jedi Order works. Either before or during ESB he decides the definition of what a Jedi is can be relaxed. By RotJ he apparently throws out most of the rules concerning what one needs to do to be a Jedi Knight.

I could see a situation where Yoda is OK with Ezra being trained, but he doesn't necessarily consider him to be a member of the Jedi Order.

Darkspellmaster likes this.
  8. darthpaulx

darthpaulx Jedi Youngling

Dec 22, 2015
    Ask darth Vader.
    He kills 6 and 7 years old ones too.

9. Deliveranze

Deliveranze Force Ghost star 6

Nov 28, 2015

True but not on Disney's record:D

10. Vorax

Vorax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 10, 2014
    Luke is the last of the Jedi during the events of the movie. He started a fledging new Jedi Order but it was betrayed and wiped out by Kylo.

11. Strange Old Hermit

Jul 17, 2015
    A PG-13 motion picture and a Rebels cartoon on Disney are not treated the same way. You know this to be true.

Davak24 likes this.
  12. Darth Dnej

Darth Dnej Jedi Master star 4

Apr 27, 2013
    Luke is the only Jedi. The opening crawl made that quite clear.

Davak24 likes this.
  13. Jedi Master Scorpio

Jedi Master Scorpio Star Wars Television star 5 Staff Member Manager

Oct 24, 2015
    Chirp chirp. Lol

14. Straudenbecker

Straudenbecker Jedi Master star 3

Nov 22, 2015
    Can anyone remember if the opening crawl said that Luke was the last Jedi or the last known Jedi after he had vanished. Cause that is a big difference in words.

15. Strange Old Hermit

Jul 17, 2015
    All it said was that Luke Skywalker has vanished. It didn't say anything about being the only or last Jedi.

Darkspellmaster and Cypess like this.
  16. Rey Of Light

Rey Of Light Jedi Youngling

Dec 22, 2015
    It said "the last Jedi".

Jedi Merkurian likes this.
  17. Strange Old Hermit

Jul 17, 2015
    Never mind, I was wrong.

First paragraph of the opening crawl:

Luke Skywalker has vanished. In his absence, the sinister FIRST ORDER has risen from the ashes of the Empire and will not rest until Skywalker, the last Jedi, has been destroyed.

18. EviL_eLF

EviL_eLF Force Ghost star 5

Mar 16, 2003
    The Opening crawl calls Luke the LAST Jedi. I think that's a pretty clear statement IMO.

19. whostheBossk

whostheBossk Force Ghost star 4

Apr 16, 2002
    Most likely all we will have is Luke and Rey. It would be interesting if we had a few PT Jedi pop up to help against the First Order or one of Luke's trained Jedi help the cause and start a new Jedi Order.

20. AmySolo

AmySolo Jedi Knight star 4

Jan 12, 2016
    Interesting side note, Snoke & Hux were perfectly fine with destroying the droid containing the map to Luke, and Hux calls Ren's desire to find Luke personal. Assuming continuity error, but I wonder.

21. Stoneymonster

Stoneymonster Force Ghost star 4

May 8, 2002
    They were fine with destroying the droid because they still thought they could get the map out of Rey, and definitely didn't want it in resistance hands for long.

22. AmySolo

AmySolo Jedi Knight star 4

Jan 12, 2016
    The conversation where this is revealed happens before they are made aware of The Girl, it's right after Poe & Finn escape in the tie-fighter.

23. Jakku

Jakku Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 29, 2015
    There's no actual evidence to suggest Snoke is FS, if you listen to him. If he's not, how does he know there's an awakening in the Force, if Luke is the last Jedi and Snoke clearly hasn't got his facts from Kylo Ren? Is Snoke in contact with Luke in some way?

24. Chewies_bandolier

Chewies_bandolier Force Ghost star 4

May 5, 2002
  25. zackm

zackm Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 22, 2015
    Is the scroll omniscient? If not, we could read that to mean the FO believes Luke to be the last Jedi, even if there are others in hiding.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.