main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Do we know how many Jedi are alive during TFA?

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Darth Formidious, Dec 23, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Norminator

Norminator Jedi Master star 2

Nov 2, 2009
    about Jedi being added in the EU.
    Lucasfilm (I don't remember the individual's name. the lore/story guy) has said that EU is cannon unless directly contradicted by the movies.
    Luke is the last Jedi (for now).

Darkspellmaster likes this.
  2. Heroic BB-8

Heroic BB-8 Jedi Knight star 1

Dec 29, 2015
    maybe the scroll lies.

"Luke is the last Jedi
    ...from a certain point of view."

3. Dak Oolron

Dak Oolron Jedi Knight star 3

Apr 24, 2014
    I refuse to believe it. If we get new canon that actually establishes other Jedi hanging out during the time of ESB+, I will buy it for the sole purpose of burning it (with a vengeance). Ughhh...

Dameron and Darth__Lobot like this.
  4. The Legions of Lettow

The Legions of Lettow Jedi Master star 5

Oct 14, 2015
    Yeah. So, unless there's retcon, doesn't look good for Kanan and Ezra. Rebels may end on a dark note, which would be interesting. And technically Ahsoka could survive as she's no longer a Jedi. Or does Vader force her to resume her Jedi path? Either way, I hope he kills her. I'm in a good mood as I'm on my way for my 4th viewing of Totally Freaking Awesome.

Dak Oolron, EHT and Jedi Merkurian like this.
  5. Dameron

Dameron Jedi Master star 4

Apr 8, 2014

Well, there are only two choices.
    • Zero.
    • Crawls contain boldfaced lies.
    I hate both ideas, but the lying crawls are worse, because that just rips into the guts of the whole saga, all up and down the timeline.

6. zackm

zackm Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 22, 2015
    If the crawl is not omniscient, then it's possible that "the last Jedi" is just a function of the FOs motives and knowledge. This leaves the door open for more Jedi that the FO doesn't know about.

7. Millennium Falcon 888

Millennium Falcon 888 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 6, 2016
    I have a feeling that Luke really is the last Jedi alive... Unless Rey is gradually trained to become one, and hopefully expand the numbers by recruiting more FS individuals to the faith.

Although considering the size of the SW galaxy, there may still be a small number of surviving Jedi in some distant planet that was untouched by the Empire / FO, who knows?

Sent from MillenniumFalcon AI using Tapatalk

The Legions of Lettow likes this.
  8. Ricardo Funes

Ricardo Funes Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 18, 2015
    Jedi, just 1 (Luke)

Force users, more than 1 (Maz Kanata, Rey, Leia, Luke, Kylo, Snoke, and maybe Finn)

9. zackm

Dec 22, 2015
    Hopefully the Jedi will make a strong return in a different trilogy. I'd hate to see such a historic group be reduced to nothing for the rest of time.

10. The Legions of Lettow

Oct 14, 2015
    Pablo Hildago.

Norminator likes this.
  11. The Legions of Lettow

Oct 14, 2015
    At one time SW I was supposed to be about the origins of the Jedi. I'd love to see origin stories for Jedi and Sith.

12. Ticonderouga

Ticonderouga Jedi Knight star 1

Dec 20, 2015
    I think that if Rey is not Luke's daughter then maybe she is the daughter of Ezra and Sabine. Ezra and Kanaan both die in the Jedi massacre, Sabine, Hera and Zeb flee with Rey leaving her with Zeb as a guardian and protector (he is a trained bodyguard). Sabine began teaching her languages almost as soon as she could talk. Zeb taught her the staff, and telling her stories about the Jedi but tells them as myth and legend in order to protect her from those seeking her. Don't know how likely this is, but it would be a way to tie in Rebels with the ST without cluttering up VIII and IX with extraneous characters.

Ashoka is a actually a curious case, is she a Jedi or is she simply like Maz, no Jedi but she knows the force. Of all the FS characters from TCW and Rebels she has the most wiggle room for being a non-Jedi. Though I find it curious that when Snoke is talking to Ren about finding Skywalker, his concern about the rise of the new Jedi Order seems an immediate concern and not one about the future, could more of Luke's students have survived the massacre?

Darkspellmaster and Dameron like this.
  13. Dameron

Apr 8, 2014

I applaud this theory. Half-Mandalorian, half-Jedi heroine. May the Force be with you, Rey... but no disintegrations!

14. zackm

Dec 22, 2015
    I would love to see that too.

The Legions of Lettow likes this.
  15. MrElculver2424

MrElculver2424 Jedi Master star 4

May 11, 2014

One: Luke. That was stated in the movie.

16. Jedi Merkurian

Jedi Merkurian Future Films Rumor Naysayer star 7 Staff Member Manager

May 25, 2000
    As I posited in another thread, just what is it that makes a Jedi a Jedi? Skills with Force technique? Luke had those in spades in ESB and the beginning of RotJ, but was not considered a Jedi. Lightsaber prowess? Anakin Skywalker showed greater combat ability than that of many a Knight, Master, and even a Council Master who fought at Geonosis, but was still a learner, not a full Jedi.

"To be a Jedi takes the most serious mind. The deepest commitment."
    -Jedi Grand Master Yoda

What if there are numerous beings, some possibly who've even had some training by Luke, who have abilities on par with ESB Luke, TCW Ahsoka, or Rebels Kanaan or Ezra, but are not considered full Jedi? Maybe the reason that Leia (for example) is not considered a Jedi is not because of her skills, but because she couldn't or wouldn't make "the deepest commitment"...

17. SateleNovelist11

SateleNovelist11 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 10, 2015

Gosh. Now, I'm going to be thinking about this for hours tomorrow.

Jedi Merkurian likes this.
  18. Evetssteve10

Evetssteve10 Jedi Knight star 4

Sep 21, 2015
    Maybe that's what the force awakening is all about. Maybe Rey is random. Life finds a way sort of thing ala Jurassic park. Or are we not talking force users in general and strictly Jedi?

19. RobbyV

RobbyV Jedi Master star 4

Dec 22, 2015
    Something miraculous? Like a very strong force-sensitive girl finding her way to Luke Skywalker to be trained as the next Jedi, maybe?

Jedi Merkurian and MeBeJedi like this.
  20. RX-77

RX-77 Jedi Padawan

Jan 13, 2016
    I'm taking that to mean Luke is the last known Jedi,however maybe others have survived but are still living in isolation/hiding.

I'm expecting Rey to be the next Jedi who possibly starts rebuilding the order.

Ricardo Funes likes this.
  21. Colm

Colm Jedi Master star 2

May 19, 2005
    As mentioned Luke is the last of the Jedi, that's why finding him is so crucial.

However Rey seems like she would have become something close to a Jedi without a mentor, maybe it's the way force ghosts are potentially guiding her. Although she doesn't seem to know the distinction between the light and dark sides, she has shown herself willing to use either to deal with whatever life threatening situation she is confronted with. So I suppose without Luke there is no way she'd avoid joining darkside.

Ricardo Funes likes this.
  22. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    Well...

Let's just say it wouldn't be the first time the opening crawl wasn't entirely correct.

23. Dameron

Apr 8, 2014
    AmySolo likes this.
  24. Trooper100471

Trooper100471 Jedi Master star 3

Oct 20, 2015
    To answer the OP, the film states Luke is the last Jedi but I presume there are countless force sensitives like Rey scattered all over the galaxy just waiting to be awakened?

25. AmySolo

AmySolo Jedi Knight star 4

Jan 12, 2016
    I mean it is a weird thing but there is already a conflict to the crawl in TFA. The crawl says the FO will not rest until Luke is destroyed but then right after Poe/Finn crash on Jakku in the tie fighter, Hux & Ren have a convo that clearly shows the FO only cares about destroying maps to Luke, not Luke himself. That's just Ren.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.