Do we still have administrators?

Discussion in 'Communications' started by Padme Bra, Jul 21, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Moderators: JoinTheSchwarz, LAJ_FETT, Ramza
  1. Padme Bra Administrator Emeritus

star 6
    MOD EDIT: This thread is being salvaged from the prune-monster. It's a classic. Hehe. Please note the dates of the posts. THIS IS NOT A NEW THREAD.

This place is circling the drain. Chyren used to ban people on his very whim but at least there were some troublemakers in there too. Now it's like no one cares. If there's to be anarchy, that's fine with me. I'm just wondering.
  2. epic Ex Mod / RSA

star 7
    The newest elected Admins are doing the best job; tonyf and Mr. K.

I think a lot of users would struggle remembering the rest of the Admins, if it wasn't for the colours. :p

3. Vertical Former Head Admin

star 6
    OK, this is totally off the cuff, but just for fun, I'm going to see how many admins I can name...

BoB
    tonyf
    Mr. K
    Hathor*
    PreacherBoy
    darthcleo**
    Joshua Griffin*
    Tinman* (? Who IS this guy?)
    clerk* (where did he go?)
    jasman*
    Darth Ludicrous*

* = I haven't seen them since the move
    ** = technical admin

There are probably more, but 4 visible or memorable admins sure doesn't seem like a lot. :)

Vertical
  4. Force of Nature Jedi Knight

star 3
    clerk resigned, Vert. I think I've seen Hathor and DL a couple of times recently.

And stinrab's been around, too.
  5. Padme Bra Administrator Emeritus

star 6
    Ok, I'll amend that. Are there any *capable* admins? I'm just concerned because I don't think most of the members here are mature enough too handle anarchy and TF.N may just pull the plug if it gets too out of hand. I think there's a happy medium between the choke chain policies of the old bb and the who-gives-a-crap-anymore attitude in this one.
  6. Chyren Manager Emeritus

star 5
    I still say Padme Bra needs to be made an admin. He nipped at my butt so much while I was an admin he made my life a living hell. I think that counts as quite the qualification for the job, because if he can chap *my* ass, he can sure handle the stuff that goes down in here.
  7. Vertical Former Head Admin

star 6
    Yes, yes, I forgot about stinrab. Basically, I see tonyf, Mr. K, Bob, stinrab, and occasionally PreacherBoy and Hathor around.

I wasn't saying anyone was doing a bad job, I was just trying to see how many admins I could think of right then.

Vertical
  8. Mr. K Moderator Emeritus

star 5
    In my own defence though, there are a lot more bannings & such going on 'behind the scenes' than I thought. Most of them just go unnoticed and unannounced. The appearance of mediocre actions being done can also be partially attributed to our ability to completely remove ugliness from the board. I'm sure if we had the ability, you would see a lot of padlocks...especially right now.
  9. Padme Bra Administrator Emeritus

star 6
    Ha! I'd be the best admin this place ever had. Only one problem though. You can't be an admin if you've been banned. Even if the banning was so ridiculous that the other admins couldn't beleive it themselves. So that leaves me out.
  10. Mutley-Reborn Jedi Knight

star 1
    Tony F--I have been around here for 2 years as a member in a few names, and I have never heard that.
  11. Binky Jedi Knight

star 3
    It used to be said all the time by the admins as a guideline. I could cite some specific examples but they were conversations of a more private nature that I probably talk about. Let's just say that it was used as a criteria in the past.
  12. Tellesto Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    I would think if the person is mature enough, I think the old rule of no banned members simply came from thought that they'd be roudy.
  13. PreacherBoy Jedi Youngling

star 5
    Yeah, make Bra an Admin. :)
  14. Mr. K Moderator Emeritus

star 5
    I'll be going on vacation next month for a couple weeks, that would be a perfect opportunity for PADME BRA to shave his legs, throw on some spandex, and ride in the bicycle Marathon of Chaos. :D
  15. Bantha Poo Jedi Knight

star 3
    I'm all for Padme Bra as an admin!

16. Jay Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Hathor, I believe, is in Iowa at the moment, and that's why you haven't seen her around for the last few weeks.

Oh, and Bantha Poo, I don't ever remember saying that. ;)
  17. I Failed To Make It Legal Jedi Youngling

star 1
    Padme Bra would make a kickass admin.
  18. GentleBant Force Ghost

star 5
    Oh, this could be interesting!
  19. PreacherBoy Jedi Youngling

star 5
    Yes.

Although I think we need to remove some Admins [eek, that sounds bad] before we make some more.

Also, we can't until darthcleo is back. No one has access to make another Admin.
  20. Kenobi Maul Jedi Master

star 4
    DL is a little more visible in Lit. I went over there yesterday and saw him there.

BTW, do any admin ever go to Fanfic? There doesn't seem to be any there. In fact, I haven't seen any there since the move and even before you had to go rummaging through the board to find an occasional work by stinrab and I believe that most of them were Hojo or Gonk Knights. Unfortunately, I never paid attention to them while those Fellowships existed and now they're gone...
  21. epic Ex Mod / RSA

star 7
    Heh, Franz Flash obviously hasn't heard about the lack of censor list. :)
  22. Tellesto Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Actually the HoJo still exist, we are finishing up the last ever HoJo story for the JC then making the move to a new EZ board.
    I personally will stay to post here as well, but I can't speak for the other HoJo.
    As for the Gonk's, there all but extinct now.
  23. Kenobi Maul Jedi Master

star 4
    Sorry, my mistake. I must have not noticed it in the swirling seas of JA fanfic. It seems that we have sunk into a new generation where everyone and their uncle has a JA fanfic. Now THAT'S a redundant topic. If I got a nickel every time I saw a JA fanfic...
  24. Valiowk Force Ghost

star 6
    Oh man. Only darthcleo can make an admin??? Wow!!!

Seriously, I think the rule about not being able to be an admin after being banned shouldn't be in place (it's a unwritten rule, right???). I mean, everybody can change for the better, after all! And if somebody was just to use another username that hadn't been banned you'll never know.

Nice to know what happened to the other admins, though... haven't seen a lot of them around lately (esp darthcleo, the first few days after the switch she was here so often...).
  25. Grand Admiral Reese Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    I don't understand that rule about banned people being made admins. If the person has changed his ways enough(the only way the person would be considered for admin anyway), they would probably make a good admin
Moderators: JoinTheSchwarz, LAJ_FETT, Ramza
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.