main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Do we still have administrators?

Discussion in 'Communications' started by Padme Bra, Jul 21, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. epic

epic Ex Mod star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 4, 1999
    It's alright, PB.

:)

2. Kyle Katarn

Kyle Katarn Force Ghost star 6

Jul 10, 1998
    You can't just delete the redundant threads???

3. Mr. K

Mr. K Moderator Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 23, 1999
    If we were facists, it would be that easy. Unfortunately... :)

4. Darth Mischievous

Darth Mischievous Jedi Grand Master star 6

Oct 12, 1999
    Redundancy is a problem with the Ep II/III forum.

However, even so, you can almost feel the excitement with everyone anticipating Ep. II while filming is going on right now in Australia.

It's a good time to be a Star Wars fan.

:)

5. Kyle Katarn

Kyle Katarn Force Ghost star 6

Jul 10, 1998
    Delete them anyway. If they bother people so much then delete them and those who post threads which are labeled as being "redundant" will soon learn not to post them.

6. Mr. K

Oct 23, 1999
    In most cases, that is effective; but the problem arises when there is constructive activity in multiple threads and we're poised to choose which ones get axed. We're in the middle of a long discussion on this topic in the Episode II/III forum. It's the one authored by Joshua Griffin. I think we should concentrate our thoughts on the issue there...otherwise we're being redundant. :)

7. Sith Vicious

Sith Vicious Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 8, 1999

Mr K and Chyren both proposed finding a new admin. Padme Bra was nominated and I whole-heartedly agree that he would make a terrific admin.

The inabilty to lock threads has made finding a new admin to patrol the many discussions imperative. As Kyle Katarn and Darth Mischievous noted, some, if not most, of the discussions in Ep II-III and Community are redundant, pointless, or do not belong in that forum.

I believe a few new admins are necessary to do this work and when admin nominations are mentioned, I always wonder why Shar Kida never appears as a candidate. One look at the Communications forum reveals his tireless will to contribute/improve the JC and his unique ability to explain the same thing to different people without being frustrated or upset like the rest of us.

8. Padme Bra

Padme Bra Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 2, 1999
    Well, look at all this.

I never really thought about it but I'd do it. At least until I got killed or you find someone better.

9. Mr. K

Oct 23, 1999
    I need to know more about our friend PADME BRA before I'll officially support him.

You're a good guy, but I need to do some homework on ya'. :)

10. Padme Bra

Jul 2, 1999
    *quaking with anticipation*
    *eating a sandwich*

I have a short attention span.

11. Binky

Binky Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 29, 2000
    Please don't fall into that trap and make the same mistakes as the administrators before you.

12. The Obi-Wan and Only

The Obi-Wan and Only Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 4, 1999
    Yeah Padme Bra is a good guy. I have faith in him.

13. Padme Bra

Jul 2, 1999
    On a side note regarding redundancy in the Episode 2 forum, all I can say is expect it to get a lot worse.

What I'd suggest would be a thread called something like, "Read before you post please", explaining the concept of redundant topics. Don't expect people to read the FAQ or the guidelines, it's not going to happen.

Other than that, I'd say try to nip redundant threads in the bud before a big discussion builds and if one does, let it go. I definitly don't think there should be two threads of the same topic within the first few pages but if there are worthwhile discussions in both then you can't delete them either.

The forums aren't here just to please those of us who have been around and have heard it all before. It's a new bb. You lost a lot of people and will be getting a lot of new ones soon as the Episode 2 speculation rises. No new member's going to sit for an hour and sift through those indices with posts from a year ago written by people who are probably no longer members. I think you should encourage new people to post, even if they say stuff we've heard before. But that's just my opinion, I could be wrong.

14. Teniel Djo

Teniel Djo Jedi Master star 5

Apr 8, 2000
    Sounds right to me.

15. Padme Bra

Jul 2, 1999
    Oh yeah, how young? KIDDING, '77, KIDDING!

16. Crystena77

Crystena77 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 15, 1999
    Ha Ha! Very funny Bra.

*SMACK* You'll pay for that later.

Well, you'd probably make a good admin, kinda like Chyren's alter ego.

17. parker lewis can't lose

parker lewis can't lose Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 10, 2000
    He's the anti-chyren

18. Padme Bra

Jul 2, 1999
    "kinda like Chyren's alter ego"

...and YOU'LL pay for THAT :p

19. Crystena77

Crystena77 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 15, 1999
  20. Padme Bra

Jul 2, 1999
    //crickets

21. Pretty Fly For A Jedi

Pretty Fly For A Jedi Jedi Youngling star 1

May 7, 1999
    I posted this in another thread, but it belongs here, as well:

-------------

Let's cut to the chase. After much research, I have come to the conclusion that the entire administrative staff of the Jedi Council forums here at TheForce.Net is comprised of the following individuals:

1) BoB
    2) Darthcleo
    3) Darth Ludicrous
    4) Darth Sushi
    5) Hathor
    6) Joshua Griffin
    7) Mr. K
    8) Paradox
    9) PreacherBoy
    10) stinrab
    11) Tonyf

These are your Admins, as of today, July 27th, 2000. No doubt this will change in time, as things always do. Now, some of you may already be familiar with some or all of these names, and some of you may not. So, I'm going to do a basic overview of what I know and what I've learned about each of these Admins.

BoB - BoB is your local Slacker Council (SC) rep. Admin. He spends most of his time at the SC, but when he's in the JC, he's in the Community Forum hanging out and conversing with other members (60% of his posts are in this forum), most commonly other members of the SC. He also contributes about 40% of his posts in the Communications forum. A tiny percentage ( less than 1%) is spent in other forums. Bob posts, on average, about 100 Posts Per Month (PPM).

Darthcleo - Darthcleo is our technical Admin, without whom, we would all be living in some sort of Snowboard hell. She has worked her butt off to make this place look nice, and function well, free of bugs and problems. She has about 100 PPM, and 90% of those posts are in the Communications forum. She occasionally pops into other forums as well. She is truly a dedicated technical admin, who communicates well with the members of the JC.

Darth Ludicrous - DL is your Literature Forum Admin, essentially, as about 85% of his posts are to that forum. When he's not posting there, he can be seen in the Episode II & III forum also (10% of his posts). A small percentage of his posts are in other forums, although he doesn't seem to frequent the Communications forum as much as the other admins.

Darth Sushi - This "admin" is a true mystery. He has posted, oh, 4 or 5 times in the past few months, and is relatively transparent. Rumor has it he's an Admin sockpuppet. But, the real question lies in why this user name still has Admin priveledges, when Admin's of old such as jasman (who supposedly returns to the JC every now and then to help out the admins) do not have their admin status. Clearly, Darth Sushi is complete waste of an admin. You can quote me on that.

Hathor - Hathor doesn't post much (she has about 30 PPM), but when she does, the majority (55%) of her posts are in the Community Forum. About one fourth of them are in the Communications forum, and about 15% are in Literature. She also makes rare appearances in other forums, but nothing significant. Of course, with her post average working out to be about 1 per day, it's not surprising that most members don't know who she is.

Joshua Griffin - He's the boss, as far as I can tell. He's our TF.N rep. Admin. He runs the joint, and what he says goes. That's all you need to know about him, really.

Mr. K - Ah, Mr. K! The newest member to the Admin. team, Mr. K is arguably the most effective, and most well-known. With a PPM of over 500 (the most of any admin), it comes as no surprise that the majority of the members of these forums know who he is. Not only does Mr. K post frequently, but he spreads his posts around - 40% in Episodes II & III, 30% in Community, 20% in Communications, and nearly 10% in other forums. His chipper and helpful nature provide good communication between admins and members. An ideal Admin.

Paradox - Well, Paradox, outside of Darth Sushi, is the least seen admin around, statistically speaking. With only about 15 PPM, Paradox is yet another fairly transparent admin. Although when he is here, he is mainly (65% of his posts) in the Literature forum. He also spends about 35% of his posts in Communications. So, when he is here, he seems to be concerned enough about stuff to stop by the Communications forum.

Preache

22. The Obi-Wan and Only

The Obi-Wan and Only Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 4, 1999
    Wow PFFAJ. Good job!

23. CloudClimber

CloudClimber Jedi Padawan star 4

May 27, 1999
    In light of tonyf's suggestion to my thread in the JC Community I would like to petition for additional admins. These boards need the assistance and I believe Padme Bra would do a fine job as the first such admin. (though we need more than one). Thanks in advance.

24. PreacherBoy

PreacherBoy Jedi Youngling star 5

Aug 3, 1998
    I thought I might update everyone. Yes, were are going to add a new Admin, pending darthcleo's return from vacation so we can discuss it a little more.

We have made a preliminary choice, by majority votes thus far. I will not disclose the name, because we might end up adding more than one.

For all of you that are about to go nuts with 'who is it?' threads, please don't. You guys take things overboard at times, you mainly post just to see yourselves post. Nothing will change on the JC, it will still be the same place, so don't bother getting all uptight.

25. I'm 12 years old

I'm 12 years old Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 9, 2000
    It's Jotun Denal isn't it?!?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.